Ads over every picture???? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #1
Flight Instructor

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Angry Ads over every picture????

Hello,

I only come out on the site occasionally as I do not have much free time, but I was disappointed today when scrolling through Charter's beautiful photos to have a pop-up advertisement appear in front of EVERY SINGLE PHOTO. It is very annoying to have to close each ad to see the photos completely. Is there a way this can feature can be removed?

Regards,
DeltaFan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
Flight Instructor

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby
Re: Ads over every picture????

Examples attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Ads over every picture????-pop-up-ads-2.jpg   Ads over every picture????-pop-up-ads.jpg  
Old 05-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Are you logged into the site when you see these?

-Philip
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
Flight Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
Are you logged into the site when you see these?

-Philip
Thank you for your prompt response. Yes, I am logged-in when these ads appear.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

I'm getting them too, I'm also logged in. It's getting really annoying now.
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #6

27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor27881 is a good contributor

Get Google Chrome and download the addon 'AdBlock' and 'Adblock plus'. Such useful addons. Removes nearly all adverts from all webpages. Haven't seen a advert since!
27881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #7
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Let me look into this.

-Philip
Old 05-13-2015, 02:40 PM   #8
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
I'm getting them too, I'm also logged in. It's getting really annoying now.
I am trying to see them my self. Can you post a link to a page where you are seeing them please?

Also going to test to see if attached images are causing this.

EDIT: I dont see ads over the attached image.

-Philip
Attached Thumbnails
Ads over every picture????-20150513_142932.jpg  
Old 05-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #9
Admin

Testing!

Logged in I do not see an ad over this.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
Captain

michael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobby

Well there are ads!, My livery design thread is riddled with them!
michael737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #11
Flight Instructor

This is so bizarre. I went through clicking on random threads and don't have any problems. I go back to Charter's 1:400 collection thread and click through a few pages and suddenly they appear!
Link: http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-400-sca...k-side-79.html
Yet when I click off this page and then back on this page, they are not there. However, when I click on another page, boom they reappear! It's like chasing ghosts through the website!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #12
Captain

michael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobbymichael737 is a legend of the hobby

a picture I screenshot to prove there are ads, no lying can be done here now!
Attached Thumbnails
Ads over every picture????-wings900-ads.jpg  
Old 05-13-2015, 03:12 PM   #13
Flight Instructor

More pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Ads over every picture????-pop-up-ads-3.jpg   Ads over every picture????-pop-up-ads-4.jpg  
Old 05-13-2015, 03:14 PM   #14
Captain

Owners probably want more Revenue,
Old 05-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #15
Masur

Qupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributor

I don't get any of those ads, I get a thin strip (Which is still annoying and on EVERY picture) of purple with an add for borgata (something about poker i think) and that's the only one i get.
Qupax is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: