Model Databases - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #16
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started
Re: Model Databases

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty View Post
there appears to be a lot of problems with my collection since I was last on board, why are there models with -$10000 values, what has happened to such a great website?
I will look into this. Not sure why the value would be showing in the negative.
-Philip
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #17
Second Officer

Irish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dog

Irish777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #18
Earning My Wings

Gene is getting startedGene is getting startedGene is getting startedGene is getting started
Model Databases

Is the model database functional at all?
Gene

Old 02-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #19
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Is the model database functional at all?
Gene
No, it isn't

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #20
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

I'm lou and have been working on the database since 2011. In 2013 I took over when Carlos left Wings900 & DA.C

In late October 2014 (under the guidance of MAS Media) the whole database lurched and froze. In March 2015 VS-Admin unfreezed the database, however every 7 entries disappear while the eighth stays in the system. VS Admin are aware of this and looking for, and working on, a solution.

I on the other hand have been keeping records of all 1:400 models released since November 2014 till today. I also have most of the 1:200 releases, plus several orther scales too. Along with the help of several members (from most scales), once the database is working correctly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to bring the database back up to current listing in around a month or so.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Lou
Old 02-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #21
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,

I'm lou and have been working on the database since 2011. In 2013 I took over when Carlos left Wings900 & DA.C

In late October 2014 (under the guidance of MAS Media) the whole database lurched and froze. In March 2015 VS-Admin unfreezed the database, however every 7 entries disappear while the eighth stays in the system. VS Admin are aware of this and looking for, and working on, a solution.

I on the other hand have been keeping records of all 1:400 models released since November 2014 till today. I also have most of the 1:200 releases, plus several orther scales too. Along with the help of several members (from most scales), once the database is working correctly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem to bring the database back up to current listing in around a month or so.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Lou
Lou,
thanks for your post. Good to see that you're still aboard and willing to update the db. But the site is now almost one year in the hands of VS and the db and MyCollection are still broken. While I appreciate that the vs-admin team has a much more professional attitude than masmedia and usually responds to questions and also fixed many minor issues within short time I don't see any progress regarding the bigger issues regarding the DB and myCollection. The threads about these issues usually end with 'we are working on it', 'I will create a new ticket for that' or similar. I didn't expect that they'll fix everything in a month after taking over from masmedia, but now a year passed by without visible progress on several issues and beside 'like us on facebook' I didn't see any communicaiton from their side since christmas. As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, I don't have much hope for the db.
Regards
Jörg
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #22
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,
Gosh compared to MAS Media, least VS-Admin have tried to fix things. Back in late October 2014 the WHOLE database froze. Least VS-Admin have unfrozen it, tho the problem with placing new models into the database works, it doesn't quite remember what is placed into it!

For some reason "My Collection" works for me...! Maybe that's the problem, they fixed mine but missed everyone else's... I will send another long message and see what the reply is... and post an update as soon as I have one.on wings as well as DA.C

--Lou--
Old 02-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #23
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Hey Lou,

Who did you send the email to? Was it Phil? He's on vacation right now so if you want, you can copy that message and send it to us via PM.

Lee
Old 02-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #24
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,
Gosh compared to MAS Media, least VS-Admin have tried to fix things. Back in late October 2014 the WHOLE database froze. Least VS-Admin have unfrozen it, tho the problem with placing new models into the database works, it doesn't quite remember what is placed into it!

For some reason "My Collection" works for me...! Maybe that's the problem, they fixed mine but missed everyone else's... I will send another long message and see what the reply is... and post an update as soon as I have one.on wings as well as DA.C

--Lou--
Lou,

well, of course VS is better than masmedia, (though it's not really diffcult to be better than masmedia ). Before I wrote my reply above, I didn't even bother to check if anything is working because I didn't expect any improvement. Now I checked and found I can add and remove models from my collection, which is indeed a progress. Good! Then again, why was this not communicated. My last entry in this thread here was in August 2015 asking for the current status and I didn't get any reply. This thread pops up once in a while because people ask if things are getting better and nobody from VS bothers to reply, not even with good news. A message like 'Hey people, from the list of X issues with the db we now fixed this and that, please check and give us feedback' would be a much better promotion than a 'Like us in facebook' post.

@vs-Admin
To give also some constructive feedbeack:
+ adding and removing models from my collection works
- my Summary still shows another collectors manufacturers chart
- when I browse other peoples collections, I can only see page 1. When I click on any link for page 2, 3, .... the address line changes to the selected page e.g. ...&page=38... but I still see page 1. This is a problem that we also had in the scale chart (see thread about that problem) and has been fixed now. So I guess it should be easy to fix it in my collection as well.

But as long as the db is broken and there are no new models inserted, my collection has no meaning because there's nothing to add.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #25
Admin

I responded about the fix happening in a different thread. Just happened yesterday, so I hope we can fix these next ones quick but have to wait and see.

Can you link me the part of your collection that is showing the wrong info? Want to make sure I'm reporting the right thing.

Sending in a ticket about navigating other users collections. Case #1847335

Kevin
Old 02-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #26
Wings900 Team Member

Kevin,
on the attached screenshot you can see that in my collection summary a chart for bcraft's collection is displayed. This is the page you reach under My Collection and then My Summary: Wings900 My Collection
But when you click on the link you'll see you own collection. I think you can't see other peoples collection summary. To test this you can just add some models to your collection and see the summary.
Good luck fixing these issues
Jörg
Attached Thumbnails
Model Databases-collectionsummary.jpg  
Old 03-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #27
Admin

Heard a fix was put in yesterday. Can you guys confirm?

Kevin
Old 03-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #28
Wings900 Team Member

Thumbs up Re: Model Databases

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
Heard a fix was put in yesterday. Can you guys confirm?

Kevin
Hi Kevin
just checked and found this was fixed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
- when I browse other peoples collections, I can only see page 1. When I click on any link for page 2, 3, .... the address line changes to the selected page e.g. ...&page=38... but I still see page 1. This is a problem that we also had in the scale chart (see thread about that problem) and has been fixed now. So I guess it should be easy to fix it in my collection as well.
Well done

Jörg
Old 03-10-2016, 01:58 PM   #29
Admin

Great to hear!

Kevin
Old 03-13-2016, 07:10 AM   #30
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

While it is nice something is happening I think it is all less important unless the Database is not up and running angain.....
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: