I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-03-2021, 02:21 AM   #1
Aussie

Aussie is flying under the radarAussie is flying under the radarAussie is flying under the radar
I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?

Hi all

I don't want my email address DISPLAYING as my profile name how to fix it?
& can I edit a post? I notice the images were too big and i needed to enter in some additional formatting don't know how to do it.

Cheers
OP
Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi all

I don't want my email address DISPLAYING as my profile name how to fix it?
& can I edit a post? I notice the images were too big and i needed to enter in some additional formatting don't know how to do it.

Cheers
OP
Hi, welcome to Wings900 family.
You can change your avatar and edit your profile going to, precisely, your profile (excuse for repeating the words); i can help you editing it and adding the name you want deleting the mail address, let me know.
Resizing the pics is possible: go to the site you use for them (i use Photobucket, for example) and resize them. You can resize them also directly from your PC (1000 x 800 is a nice size).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 12-04-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #3
Aussie

Aussie is flying under the radarAussie is flying under the radarAussie is flying under the radar
Re: I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?

Hi Charter,
Thanks for the speedy response to but to no avail as you can see in the following images something is askew. I tried a few different browsers with no success. Indeed in PIC 2 i can not even reset the feilds the page is solid and locked I can not do anything. I thought perhaps as an experienced user and dare I say an entity that has moderator access perhaps you can just change it for me? Just have it say WAPPLES is super duper thats all we need at the moment other wise please tell me where i went wrong.

ALSO regarding the pix thats cool i can reszie but how do I go in and edit the original post
QUICK REPLY

OP

Old 12-05-2021, 06:33 AM   #4
Aussie

WAIT where are my pictures I insterted them I guess the QUICK reply does not like it. Iam on some other forums with a similar interface but all have access to what I can't find here, Im sure I will get there.

So images again regarding my above post

OP
Old 12-05-2021, 06:34 AM   #5
Aussie

IT just did it again and Iam following this immaculately!
Im uploading as attachments LORT knows what might happen next.

OP
Attached Thumbnails
I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?-1.jpg   I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?-2.jpg  
Old 12-05-2021, 06:41 AM   #6
Aussie

And just to prove that Iam not going crazy and wasting all your time see the attached image. GEE I came on here to ask some questions about aircraft not about embedding images into a website thank goodness i did not try this when I first became a visitor back when we were on Dial Up Internet.

See in attachment the text above /\ Where is it you ask ? Maybe i had them uploaded as hidden thats All I can think of even though I made it public who cares If I can attach manually that will be just super as you can see I would rather share videos from youtube on my progress. Cool Cool

OP
Attached Thumbnails
I dont want my email adress DISPLAYING as my profile name? & can I edit a post?-3.jpg  
Old 12-05-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

The problem is when you write the User Name and then the User Title: the User Name is how you will be called, User Title everything you want to write under the User Name.
As User Name you put your mail so we have replace the mail address with another Name.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:59 AM   #8
The Dark Side

A mid-result is obtained: i replaced the mail address as user name with something temporary. Being Australian i decided for Aussie. It seems WAPPLES is already used and the system doesn't allow you to use it so, please, tell me another username to put.
Thanks.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-13-2021, 03:06 AM   #9
Aussie

Charter,
Thanks for all your help its not ideal but you have come through and restored some functionality so I can continue. You can close this one off if you like.
OP
Old 12-13-2021, 01:00 PM   #10
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

If you'd like a different username, just send me a PM

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: