Missing images in thread - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby
Missing images in thread

Hi Webmaster,

in my thread "Some WWII fighters in 1/72" (in section "model kits") all pictures are not displayed anymore. They are linked from my own website (Welcome to Conventi´s Plane Spotting Site) and they do not show up. In the mobile view of the website, it says "blocked image".

Trying one here now...is is strange. It showed up directly after posting, but now it has disappeared after a few moments. I still see the picture when editing the post.

Last edited by Conventi; 06-02-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Conventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby
Re: Missing images in thread

Update...photos do not show up in Firefox and Chrome, but are displayed with Internet Explorer.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

IE/Edge don't have the same security parameters ad Chrome or Firefox. Now that the site has HTTPS in place, images from sites that don't, won't show up for them. The browsers interrupt the communication. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about that.

Kevin
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #4
ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
IE/Edge don't have the same security parameters ad Chrome or Firefox. Now that the site has HTTPS in place, images from sites that don't, won't show up for them. The browsers interrupt the communication. Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do about that.

Kevin
OK, sorry to hear that. But uploading the pictures to a hosting site (Imagebam etc.) would work ? If I could edit my posts in the thread, I could change the image links.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Imagebam wouldn't work I'm afraid. They haven't got HTTPS in place yet. Most sites are going to have to implement it eventually, so I'm sure in time they will too.

postimages.org is an example of one that will still work with all browsers, and there are others out there too.

If you send me the new links, I can help with updating your images.

Kevin
Old 06-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #6
ATP Captain

Quote:
Imagebam wouldn't work I'm afraid. They haven't got HTTPS in place yet. Most sites are going to have to implement it eventually, so I'm sure in time they will too.

postimages.org is an example of one that will still work with all browsers, and there are others out there too.

If you send me the new links, I can help with updating your images.

Kevin
I have several hundred photos, including plane spotting pictures, on my server and linked here. I think this could be too much to edit. I´m starting a new thread, and pictures are now uploaded to Flickr.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
Admin

Its a shame, As Kevin said most sites are going to have to update to HTTPS eventually so the issue will be fixed, it's just a matter of when.

Niall
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #8
Admin

Images should be working ping us if any other issues come up

Jeff M
Old 06-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #9
ATP Captain

Quote:
Images should be working ping us if any other issues come up

Jeff M
Pictures don´t show up for me. I tried with Firefox and Chrome.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #10
Admin

Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion.
If the hosting site is not on https, unfortunately, the images will not show here.

Ed

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: