IMPORTANT: Re-uploading Photobucket Photos - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Exclamation IMPORTANT: Re-uploading Photobucket Photos

Hello all,

As you've noticed, Photobucket (the preferred image sharing site for members, including myself, on the forum) has changed their policy. This means some of you have issues in your threads, with photos now showing an error message instead of the actual photo.

Now, in order to continue posting images we recommend using Flickr. But we also understand some of you would like to re-upload photos on flickr and editing them in to your original posts. Others might prefer to make a new thread all together, or want us to clear the old thread.

We would like to hear your feedback in this. If you want to edit in all the updated links to the working photo source (i.e. Flickr), please let us know so we can look into setting up a temporary usergroup that gives you the right to edit your old posts. If you'd like to start a new thread alltogether, we'll allow that.

Please leave suggestions for other methods to restore the photos and let us know which option you'd like to take, so we can see how to proceed.

On behalf of the others admins,

Thom

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Last edited by DutchCollector; 07-04-2017 at 01:50 PM.
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Captain

N3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobby
Re: IMPORTANT: Re-uploading Photobucket Photos

I'm willing to work which ever way is easier, repost or new posts.

I'd prefer reposting images to the original posts where the necessary text has already been written.

Thanks, Mike
Old 07-04-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Thank you Mike. We'll see what we can do about giving you the rights to edit your own posts!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3424V View Post
I'm willing to work which ever way is easier, repost or new posts.

I'd prefer reposting images to the original posts where the necessary text has already been written.

Thanks, Mike
This is also the best option for me...
Will be a very hard work to upload all images again but what else can we do? Thanks Photobucket...

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 07-04-2017 at 09:19 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
This is also the best option for me...
Will be a very hard work to upload all images again but what else can we do? Thanks Photobucket...
Unfortunately we have to deal with the situation. You don't necessarily have to edit in ALL the photos..

Old 07-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #6
First Officer

Mumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributor

I'm open to both options, editing old or posting new treads doesn't matter to much to me, whichever is the easiest for everyone.

Mumrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

This "your pictures are safe" is just stupid blabla. When i tried to open the pictures directly within the photobucket website i got the same stupid little picture saying I had to upgrade my account. So they're practically taking my pictures hostage!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #8
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumrik View Post
I'm open to both options, editing old or posting new treads doesn't matter to much to me, whichever is the easiest for everyone.

Let us know your preference please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepxs View Post
This "your pictures are safe" is just stupid blabla. When i tried to open the pictures directly within the photobucket website i got the same stupid little picture saying I had to upgrade my account. So they're practically taking my pictures hostage!
It's such a shame.. Let's see which image hosting site steps up

Old 07-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #9
Puddle Jumper

Peter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributor

I'm in the process of uploading my photos to another site and prefer the option to edit the photos in my original thread using a new link for the photos.
Peter Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #10
Admin

Allright guys, I'll have a word with VS team.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #11
Admin

Hi all,

The tech-team at VS is looking into the matter and has a probable solution. The plan of creating the temporary usergroup has been postponed untill the tech-team has tried their solution.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #12
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Thanks Thom,

Also to add, in the meantime you guys can download all your images in an album to help migrate over to another site and/or to save them locally on your device and use the attachment option: Downloading Albums ? Photobucket Support

We'll keep you posted on when we get a fix for this - thank you for your patience and understanding in the matter.

Cheers,
Natalie
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #13
Puddle Jumper

Peter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributorPeter Joshua is a good contributor

VS Team,

Is there any update on allowing OPs the option to edit the photos in their original thread using a new link for the photos?

I'd like to update my photos in my collection thread.

Thanks.
Peter Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:01 PM   #14
Admin

I agree, it's been too long. I've reached out to VS.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #15
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Hey guys,

If you would like us to fix your affected thread(s), send us the links to them as well as including a link to where the original images are. We will fix these manually for you and prefer that we do this to keep better track of what's been done. We thank you for your patience and understanding on this.

We're still working on this. Our dev team have hit a few road blocks which as set them back time wise. In the meantime, there are two plugins that users who are on Chrome or Firefox can use to view the images.

Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...d-fix/?src=api

Let us know if you'd like us to help you. You can either post your links here or send us a PM - up to you.

Cheers,
Natalie
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: