Annoying Ads when viewing on mobile - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-15-2016, 10:40 PM  
Orange Stick Dude

CBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributor
Annoying Ads when viewing on mobile

Almost every time I try to view the forum on my mobile device the site opens a new window and cuts to the Apple App Store to advertise some app or another.

This is starting to get annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 AM  
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started
Re: Annoying Ads when viewing on mobile

are you in desktop mode or the enhanced mobile view of the site?
can I get some information on this ad?

Lee
Old 10-27-2016, 11:10 AM  
Orange Stick Dude

CBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributorCBLSwizard is an excellent contributor

As far as I know it's desktop mode. I can zoom in on things and it clicks just like on my MacBook.

Sometimes it happens when I open the home page, sometimes it happens when I click on an individual forum, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. The page will go blank, then a popup will come up that says something like, "Open this ad in a new window?" Then whether I click on it or not it'll open a new blank window and open the app store to a product page of a random app, usually some dumb game. The app changes nearly every time.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM  
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

next time this reoccurs please take a screen shot and the url of the redirect and url of the site page you were on when it happened.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
Old 11-06-2016, 10:33 AM  
RJ Second Officer

mtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciatedmtnbiker is appreciated

I have the same issue, it flashes so fast then auto send you to the app store on an apple device. It occurs right after I enter wings900 .com into the address bar and hit enter, the top banner loads then I get a re-direct.

Inbound: Herpa ANZ 773ER "All Blacks 2"
Recently Landed: Herpa Boeing 748F Lite Test Livery
Old 11-07-2016, 02:59 PM  
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
I have the same issue, it flashes so fast then auto send you to the app store on an apple device. It occurs right after I enter wings900 .com into the address bar and hit enter, the top banner loads then I get a re-direct.
Hey there

Does it only happen when you first navigate to the page? After you get redirected, how do you get back to the forum?

Can you let us know if you are on a mobile or a PC? And which browser you use?

Dayle

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: