Attention - Password and Security Update - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started
Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 AM   #2
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

Please don't make the password system unnecessarily awkward. I have passwords to a number of a systems in work and the routine password changes usually contain the following errors,
- This password is weak
- You cannot use a password you previously used before (like 12 years ago)
- Password must contain one capital and one number
- Password must start with lower case
- Password must be a minimum of 15 letters long

and on and on and on
Old 06-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #3
Admin

vs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting startedvs-Admin is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
Please don't make the password system unnecessarily awkward. I have passwords to a number of a systems in work and the routine password changes usually contain the following errors,
- This password is weak
- You cannot use a password you previously used before (like 12 years ago)
- Password must contain one capital and one number
- Password must start with lower case
- Password must be a minimum of 15 letters long

and on and on and on
similar to that. it's for the best.

Lee

Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

I would like to add that as Super Moderator on DA.C as well as a moderator on Wings900, I do from time to time try and contact members directly via email. What I have found is most members email addresses are NOT correct as stated in their membership details.

If you are a member and your email address that you joined Wings900 with is no longer applicable, now is the time to update your details or face the certain outcome of NOT receiving any email and then having your membership cancelled. Furthermore, when you go to re-join, you won't be able to use your old Username.

So my advice to all current members is to update your Profile in USER CONTROL SETTINGS to a current email address that you use regularly. Otherwise it's bye bye to you in a short while.

Cheers Lou
Old 06-24-2016, 04:25 AM   #5
In thrust we trust

MM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobby

Hi all!

I've just switched my old email address to a new one in the User CP. But when I log in I always get a white box with some Passwort/Security change Information. I can't clear it and I have to reload the page.

So my question: Is something wrong with my account? Or how can I get this Information box away. Thanks for the help
MM9024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #6
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Do we need to worry about anything outside our VS account?

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:36 AM   #7
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Whats with the "security & data breach" popup on the forum?
Easyjet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #8
First Officer

Jumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciatedJumbo747 is appreciated

What a joke on here and DAc. Had to totally reregister on DAc and here took forever to change over password. If it ain't broke why fix it.

Jumbo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #9
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo747 View Post
What a joke on here and DAc. Had to totally reregister on DAc and here took forever to change over password. If it ain't broke why fix it.
It wasn't broke just hacked in Feb...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #10
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
It wasn't broke just hacked in Feb...
So it's taken them 4 months to tell us?
Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #11
Air Wisconsin

a_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top doga_loser is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
You're surprised by this? I'm just checking in because of this "reset your password" crap - nice to see I haven't really missed anything more than the same old crap I left because of originally. Who knows, maybe someday they'll come to their senses and let Todd take over again. I'm not holding my breath though...
a_loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #12
Easyjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_loser View Post
You're surprised by this? I'm just checking in because of this "reset your password" crap - nice to see I haven't really missed anything more than the same old crap I left because of originally. Who knows, maybe someday they'll come to their senses and let Todd take over again. I'm not holding my breath though...
Only when I got an email about it.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM   #13
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
We found out recently, that's why we've been mass launching these announcements on our forums.
If you have any trouble logging in or changing your password, please send us an email over here: Wings900 Discussion Forums - Contact Us

Include your username and email addresses (old and new)

Lee
Old 08-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #14
Earning My Wings

rfcarlos is flying under the radar

It would be nice to inform your users of how to change their password after they have it reset and the system sends you a complicated "24 Hour" one time password.
Like:
1. After you login with temporary password go to User CP section ans select on that link.

2. Go to Settings and Options section on the left hand side of the screen

3. Select on the Edit Email and Password under Settings and Options

4. In the Edit Email and Password screen enter your old "temporary" password

5. Type in a new password based on requirements

6. Confirm new password typed in step #5

7. Select on the Save Changes button towards the bottom of the screen

8. After you select the Save Changes you will be taken back to the UserCP screen. There will be no confirmation of changing password.
rfcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #15
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfcarlos View Post
It would be nice to inform your users of how to change their password after they have it reset and the system sends you a complicated "24 Hour" one time password.
Like:
1. After you login with temporary password go to User CP section ans select on that link.

2. Go to Settings and Options section on the left hand side of the screen

3. Select on the Edit Email and Password under Settings and Options

4. In the Edit Email and Password screen enter your old "temporary" password

5. Type in a new password based on requirements

6. Confirm new password typed in step #5

7. Select on the Save Changes button towards the bottom of the screen

8. After you select the Save Changes you will be taken back to the UserCP screen. There will be no confirmation of changing password.
Hey there

The link in the first email has a 24 hour expiry - not the password you are sent. You can continue to use that if you'd like, but it is recommended that you update it. This is why the second email also includes a link directly to the page where you update your password on your account.

Dayle

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: