Beware Waffle Collectibles - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Vendors > Vendor Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

ttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciatedttakata73 is appreciated
Beware Waffle Collectibles

So I ordered 3 planes from Waffle and 2 came damaged even though the plane boxes had no damage. The shipping box had a small corner dent though.

The Simpsons plane had a broken off front wheel; maybe because the boxes were loosely packed in the shipping box. The TuiFly is inexplicably damaged as if it was stepped on with a warped right wing and landing gear. The left engine touches the ground because the gear is so messed up. This couldn't have happened from shipping. I asked Waffle to send me replacements and of course not. I am expected to pay for shipping back to the US before I get a refund. Why would anyone be expected to pay shipping twice for decent models?

I asked if the models were inspected before being sent and no reply; I assume they are not inspected. All of these problems could have been avoided if they were inspected before shipping. I paid $22 to ship the 3 planes to me. Now if I pay shipping back to get my refund I essentially will pay ~$45 shipping for one decent model.

I'm sticking to Ebay, at least Paypal protects me from crappy sellers like Waffle and Lacorun. One seller that actually inspects models is www.aviation-center-berlin.de I had a friend in Germany go to the store and he told me the seller actually opened and inspected the models.
ttakata73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Beware Waffle Collectibles

Although I never had broken models from Waffle, I also don't recommend this.
The owner, Michael Warfel, is an A**hole. He basically shouts back at you if you decide to file a complain about something.

It happened to me once and I'm not the only one.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Although I understand Waffel's customer service is attrocious, PHX 737 are notorious for bent landing gear, I had a Thomson 738 with gear bent like that and the Simpsons plane was plagued with similar broken parts upon delivery so I doubt they were damaged in shipping, but should have been inspected prior to postage so you are more than entitled to a replacement free of charge.

Old 06-03-2017, 03:34 AM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Sadly this guy's reputation is indeed well known to be horrible

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:08 AM   #5
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

I've heard of horror stories about Waffle from other collectors especially with the owner on the way he interacts with customers.

It's good to have Paypal or something that offers insurance.
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
Puddle Jumper

THarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting started

You should check out his argument with a fellow trader, scalemodelstore.com.. it's on SMS' facebook page under reviews, it's entertainment LOl
THarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:21 PM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by THarms View Post
You should check out his argument with a fellow trader, scalemodelstore.com.. it's on SMS' facebook page under reviews, it's entertainment LOl
hahaha just saw it and saw SMS answer. Amazing!
Old 05-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

THarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting startedTHarms is getting started

Mark's a good guy, I regularly buy on his website as he's models are sharply priced
THarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #9
Captain

showland is flying under the radar

Please buy from vendors that support this forum.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #10
RJ Second Officer

junglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributorjunglehunter4 is a good contributor

Reviving old thread but to update, Warfel is indeed still a horrible person to do business with. I made an order for some models and accidentally entered some wrong info, so I immediately contacted him with the corrected info, but he was extremely rude and totally refused to accept my corrected info. I couldn't figure out what was his problem, it wasn't even a mistake that costs anything to fix, and I reached out to him right away so it wouldn't even have hassled him with reprinting invoice / shipping label. I tried to stay polite and calmly explain to him the info on the order is wrong, here are the correct info, but he won't budge and went on to throw slurs and derogatory comments at me. Ended up cancelling the order for full refund. Never buy from Warfel even if he sells models for a penny each.
junglehunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #11
Earning My Wings

stephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting started

I've bought a few models from Waffle and haven't had any problems for what its worth.
stephen1160 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: