Newcastle Airport Spotting - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #136
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Newcastle Airport Spotting

C-5 Galaxy there mate.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2016, 11:09 AM   #137
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
C-5 Galaxy there mate.
Bloody hell I hope it was! I thought it might have been but was unsure since it would habe been a long way from home!
Old 01-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #138
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

When were your Amsterdam shots taken? I'm wondering because of the Surinam A340 you named. I happened to get a shot of her final departure (or rather boarding since I was in the terminal). I wonder because the plane I flew on that day, PH-BGD, is pictured on your shots too, but in KLM's old livery. On my flight, she was wearing the new livery..

As for your mystery aircraft, looks like a Lockheed C-5 Galaxy to me.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #139
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
When were your Amsterdam shots taken? I'm wondering because of the Surinam A340 you named. I happened to get a shot of her final departure (or rather boarding since I was in the terminal). I wonder because the plane I flew on that day, PH-BGD, is pictured on your shots too, but in KLM's old livery. On my flight, she was wearing the new livery..

As for your mystery aircraft, looks like a Lockheed C-5 Galaxy to me.
I cant remember the date exactaly, maybe the 27th of November? Early december? I honesly cant remember...

Last edited by Kestrel; 01-16-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:50 PM   #140
757 Bloke

KLM 737-800 departure from Newcastle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMVzvYOSN4g

KLM 737-800 arrival at Amsterdam (with famous KLM pilot announcement)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOrKp0zbvg

KLM Cityhopper E-190 departure from Amsterdam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yde6uj2NrA

KLM Cityhopper E-190 arrival at Newcastle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izFUxz7EO9M

Suriname A340-300 departure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvHPBfatlQ

Garuda Indonesia 777-300ER departure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nmpzVWnXA
Old 01-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #141
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I cant remember the date exactaly, maybe the 27th of November? Early december? I honesly cant remember...
The final flight of the A340 was indeed the 27th of November, but that doesn't check out with my aircraft still being in the old livery (PH-BGD). I went to Heathrow on the 27th.. Puzzling..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #142
757 Bloke

Today somthing lucky happened. I was chilling and though I will see whats happening in the skys around EGNT. To my amazement a Trade Air Fokker 100 coming in from Brive was 10 seconds away from coming into view from my bedroom window, I sprinted to my room and grabbed my camera and attached the lens and managed to snap some pics. Unfortunataly the lighting was rubbish.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #143
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Nice catch mate.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:36 PM   #144
757 Bloke

I was at the airport today for a flying lesson and took my camera for obvious reasons

Easyjet new livery A319

British Airways A319

Emirates 777-300ER

My ship, G-BIXH C-152

Flybe Q400

KLM Cityhopper E-190

Jet2 737-300WL

Eastern J41 pair

Old 01-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #145
757 Bloke

G-BIXH leaving on the flight before mine

G-BOFZ Piper PA-28

G-BMUZ another PA-28

BMI ERJ-135

G-BOFZ is back

Emirates 777-300ER pushes back

Another Easyjet A319 arrives

Followed by a Jersey Q400

Now I apolagise for the lack of focus since its a damn shame!

G-BIXH back

Old 02-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #146
757 Bloke

I have returened from London and the upcoming pics might last quite a while, I got a tad carried away taking pics at Heathrow Sorry about the naff unfocused pics that you will see shortly (at egnt my camera was being strange)

Emirates 777-300ER to Dubai

Jet2 737-300

Easyjet A319s 'Old and New'

KLM Cityhopper E-190 operating from Amsterdam

Easyjet then heads off

Alone now

Old 02-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #147
757 Bloke

Old 02-23-2016, 06:12 AM   #148
Master ATP Captain

Awesome photos mate. Love the close up tug shot.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #149
757 Bloke

Strange weather

Thomson 738 arriving from Geneva during snowfall

Old 02-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #150
757 Bloke

Emirates 777-300ER to Dubai

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: