What a cool video! - Page 14 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #196
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: What a cool video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
I seem to remember (from a documentary!) landings are always uphill. There's no chance for a go-around because of the mountains. You only have a choice of where to crash. And I don't think rejecting a take-off is an option.
Yup. "The worlds ten most extreme...AIRPORTS!" showed a few clips from Lukla. Landings are allways uphill to help slow the planes down so they don't hit the wall, literally.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #197
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Yup. "The worlds ten most extreme...AIRPORTS!" showed a few clips from Lukla. Landings are allways uphill to help slow the planes down so they don't hit the wall, literally.
Well not really, the landings are always uphill because it's impossible for them to land downhill due to the geography of the area...
Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #198
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
Well not really, the landings are always uphill because it's impossible for them to land downhill due to the geography of the area...
Ok, partly to help them slow down. That's what i heard. But i do know the geography makes it impossible to land downhill.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #199
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Ok, partly to help them slow down. That's what i heard. But i do know the geography makes it impossible to land downhill.
Even if it was downhill landing, it would be one hell of a job to stop the plane in time, unless you have a huge chute attached to the tail.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #200
Puddle Jumper

bananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributorbananamanuk is a good contributor

Logo Jets at Dublin Airport Ireland ...

My most recent video includes CityJet Leinster colours, Aer Lingus Retro, LoganAir 50, Lufthansa Retro, SAS Denmark Uefa Football, British Airways 'Dove' .. and Arik Air A330 (not a logo jet but a rare/odd visitor)

Dublin Airport Logo Jets - Arik Air A330, Cityjet Leinster, British Airways Dove, Aer Lingus Retro - YouTube

Ryanair 737-800 emergency landing at Stansted

Ryanair Emergency Landing EI-DWF London Stansted ATR72 chased by flock of birds! - YouTube

China Southern A330 , Russian IL76, IL62 and Tupolev TU154 at Stansted

China Southern Airbus A330 First at Stansted. Illushyn IL76, IL62 Tupolev TU154 Russian Aircraft - YouTube

bananamanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #201
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Plane-Spotting Video Thread

"bananamanuk" video.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #202
Rex
W900 Team Member

Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #203
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Great vid Jay! would hate to be on board one of those flights
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #204
Master ATP Captain

n777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributorn777co is an excellent contributor

woah This thing is still going... I did something important!!

SrA USAF Lakenheath AB
n777co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #205
Captain

BrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributorBrianTwigley is a good contributor

That's a name I haven't seen in a while

My Collection - All Models up for trade, PM if interested.

http://www.last.fm/user/briantwigley

BrianTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #206
Rex
W900 Team Member

Beachlanding by an RDAF C130.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #207
Rex
W900 Team Member

NASA - Dryden Flight Research Center
For the first time ever, NASA's two highly modified Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft briefly flew in formation over the Edwards Air Force Base test range Aug. 2. Both aircraft were scheduled to be in the air on the same day, NASA 911 (foreground) on a flight crew proficiency flight, NASA 905 (rear) on a functional check flight following maintenance operations. Since both aircraft were scheduled to be in the air at the same time, SCA pilot Jeff Moultrie of Johnson Space Center's Aircraft Operations Directorate took the opportunity to have both SCA's fly in formation for about 20 minutes while NASA photographer Carla Thomas captured still and video imagery from a NASA Dryden FA18.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 AM   #208
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

At events like this you feel so cheated for not lining in the U.S.

That flight vid with the Phantom Ray "Piggy Back" is also nice! Looks like a Bug is sitting on it
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #209
Rex
W900 Team Member

If I am correct, This drone was featured in 2010 sci-fi movie Skyline.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #210
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
... have both SCA's fly in formation for about 20 minutes while NASA photographer Carla Thomas captured still and video imagery from a NASA Dryden FA18.
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. What will NASA do with these aircraft now that there are no more shuttles for them to carry?
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: