Southwest Special Schemes???? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:55 PM   #16
banned

Flight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributorFlight Director is a good contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by N808NW
anyway, isnt the biggest plane that flies to MHT like a FX DC-10? what kinda of widebodies does BDL get, if any?
Thats the largest I have seen.. considering all fly over my house before turning left on final.. The flaps come down over my house and I can hear them quite often.

I've seen the SW special themes over my head, Shamu and Arizona 1 I clearly remember.. and yes FedEx has its daily flight into MHT.. either a DC-10 or MD-11... usually is on approach in the early evening..

-t
Flight Director is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #17
Senior Captain

luloudoodle is flying under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director
Thats the largest I have seen.. considering all fly over my house before turning left on final.. The flaps come down over my house and I can hear them quite often.

I've seen the SW special themes over my head, Shamu and Arizona 1 I clearly remember.. and yes FedEx has its daily flight into MHT.. either a DC-10 or MD-11... usually is on approach in the early evening..

-t
Yes MHT during the summer if I remember correctly recieves 2 daily DC-10's/Md-11's. As MHT is a small feeder hub for Fedex using Cessna 172's operated by Wiggum Aircraft. I believe last year one came at around 6PM and one at around 4AM. Not usre what it is now though. BDL used to be great when MK had their afternoon 747 but I believe they took it off after the crash in December. Too bad BDL needs a 744:p
Old 04-28-2005, 10:18 PM   #18
RJ Captain

AA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by N808NW
AA757- i wish i had the life that you have right now. all you do (according to what i know about you, which is very little) is go spotting at BDL all the time. that would be really awesome!

anyway, isnt the biggest plane that flies to MHT like a FX DC-10? what kinda of widebodies does BDL get, if any?
Well i happen to live within 2 minutes of BDL so i can bacically spot any free time i have and that 2 minutes walking distance. As far as widebodies at BDL we get Daily Delta 763 , 762 , FedEx A300 , UPS A300 and a UPS 763 on weekends , Some Cargo DC-10 not sure who , and MK used to send a 747 but not since the crash and occasionally an Antonov-124 shows up. Believe me my life isn't spotting all day, i just happen to currently live close to BDL

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
AA757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #19
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA757
Well i happen to live within 2 minutes of BDL so i can bacically spot any free time i have and that 2 minutes walking distance. As far as widebodies at BDL we get Daily Delta 763 , 762 , FedEx A300 , UPS A300 and a UPS 763 on weekends , Some Cargo DC-10 not sure who , and MK used to send a 747 but not since the crash and occasionally an Antonov-124 shows up. Believe me my life isn't spotting all day, i just happen to currently live close to BDL
Also BDL unlike other airports like ISP is very relaxed about security overall, spotters aren't given the boot so easily. AA757 where do you think the best place to spot is? I know down by the museum on the other side of the field can give you great looks are approach and departures but thats when they use that runway. Man I havn't been to BDL since last summer to get out there soon though
Old 04-29-2005, 10:34 PM   #20
RJ Captain

AA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting startedAA757 is getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by luloudoodle
Also BDL unlike other airports like ISP is very relaxed about security overall, spotters aren't given the boot so easily. AA757 where do you think the best place to spot is? I know down by the museum on the other side of the field can give you great looks are approach and departures but thats when they use that runway. Man I havn't been to BDL since last summer to get out there soon though
Well luloudoodle security has stepped up a bit, they don't let you stop anywhere along the perimeter road. I usually go park in the museum lot and get shots if they are departing RW33 or i will walk around the perimeter road and that gives an awesome view of RW24 arrivals and departures. The only 100% legal place to spot from is off of RT.20 on the approach to RW6 which hasent been used in the last week due to wind direction. I've seen many people get booted because they stop along the airfield roads

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:17 PM   #21
Senior Captain

Quote:
Well luloudoodle security has stepped up a bit, they don't let you stop anywhere along the perimeter road. I usually go park in the museum lot and get shots if they are departing RW33 or i will walk around the perimeter road and that gives an awesome view of RW24 arrivals and departures. The only 100% legal place to spot from is off of RT.20 on the approach to RW6 which hasent been used in the last week due to wind direction. I've seen many people get booted because they stop along the airfield roads
I usually walk as well as I do see them patroling the perimeter for any cars parked along the runway which is understandable.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #22
RJ Captain

Well as of late last summer i used to park or walk up on a grassy hill by RW24 behind Executive Valet parking which was great and nobody ever bothered me BUT!!! then more and more people started showing up with there whole families and beach umbrellas i even see people with coolers having a little picnic then before you knew it a concrete barracade was put up and no tresspassing signs and now it's off limits. It's to bad.

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 02:30 AM   #23
RJ Captain

aviatorboy is flying under the radaraviatorboy is flying under the radaraviatorboy is flying under the radar
Well I see a LOT of SWA special schemes in PHX but that is to be expected seeing as SWA has 180 flights out of PHX every day. as a lot of poeple have said it all depends on how many flight SWA has out of each airport.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #24
RJ Captain

I guess with 180 daily flights the odds are pretty good of seeing at special scheme. SWA has approx. 30 daily arrivals and departures from BDL daily so i'm hoping one will come soon. I was looking on A.Net and seen that Shamu was there recently and iv'e seen Lones Star and Silver One in the past but i'm want to see New Mexico One or Arizona.

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #25
RJ Captain

Well today 5/3 Southwest Lone Star One arrived at BDL at 4:25pm.....was kool to see!

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #26
Senior Captain

Quote:
Well today 5/3 Southwest Lone Star One arrived at BDL at 4:25pm.....was kool to see!
I still wish Southwest would do one of Maryland as BWI is #3 city wise now, so whats taking them? To bad we won't see a Connecticut One, wonder what that would show? Trees in the Fall?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #27
RJ Captain

I'd like to see a Maryland scheme...that would be kool

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 11:26 PM   #28

Stagman9 is flying under the radar
I spot at ALB often and hear many BLD flights on my scanner crossing overhead. As for Southwest schemes I have seen Shamu on 3 occasions, California One, and Arizona One all at Albany in the last year or so. Also does anyone know why winglets are added to some of the old color planes and not painted the new blue at the same time? It would make sense to me that while adding the winglets they would revise the paint scheme at the same time. I travel to BDL a few times a year and drop my wife off at the Lee outlets to shop. The biggest planes I can spot here are the UPS 757's. Occasionaly Delta or Song flights delayed into Logan land and add some excitement. Southwest adding flights to Midway soon so at least some more activity!
Stagman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #29
RJ Captain

I do have to say for BDL being a rather small airport we do get a good variety of aircraft and this past Sunday 5/15 the Army Aviation Support Facility had an open house which gave access to the tarmac area witch offered great spotting for the 3 hours the open house ran for, i was probably no more than 60 yards from the active runway with nobody harrassing me about taking pictures and no fence obstructions like i normally have at BDL. And now on weekends we see the vacation charters come and go which i enjoy.

RED SOX Rule!!!

BRUINS!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #30
Senior Captain

Quote:
I do have to say for BDL being a rather small airport we do get a good variety of aircraft and this past Sunday 5/15 the Army Aviation Support Facility had an open house which gave access to the tarmac area witch offered great spotting for the 3 hours the open house ran for, i was probably no more than 60 yards from the active runway with nobody harrassing me about taking pictures and no fence obstructions like i normally have at BDL. And now on weekends we see the vacation charters come and go which i enjoy.
That was this past weekend?! DAMN! I was in South Windsor all day Sunday as well!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: