Kestrel's Spotting Thread - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2020, 06:17 PM   #61
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby
Re: Kestrel's Spotting Thread

Quick break from the LHR posts today.

I had planned to head to DSA to catch the Rada IL-62 leaving, I had heard its ETD was 12:00 but that was unconfirmed. I headed out anyway and to my sheer disapointment while only 15 minutes away I saw its long silhouette climb into the sky leaving its smoke trail behind (it left 45 mins early). Whilst Im pleased I saw it (albeit from very far away) I was nothing short of gutted...

Determined to not let the trip be wasted I headed to MAN to catch these iregular visitors, despite not being the last flying civil IL-62 I enjoyed seeing them.

Privilege Style 757-256 EC-HDS arriving in from Lisbon as P67491

What a Privilege by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Hi Fly Malta A330-343 9H-TAJ arriving in from Lisbon as HFM705P

High Flyer by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 04:54 AM   #62
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The Russians go whenever they feel like it.. Shame you missed the RADA IL62, but I'm sure another opportunity will present itself. The back-up of Portugese inbounds is also nice, I'm a fan of HiFly's new livery!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #63
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The Russians go whenever they feel like it.. Shame you missed the RADA IL62, but I'm sure another opportunity will present itself. The back-up of Portugese inbounds is also nice, I'm a fan of HiFly's new livery!

Evidently they do It visits DSA fairly often so if all goes well hopefully the oportunity to see it again will arise.

Old 09-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #64
757 Bloke

Another two posts from Manchester, the rest of the movements were fairly uninteresting so wont be posting them.

Air Transat A321-271NX C-GOIJ operating MAN-YYZ after arriving from GLA earlier in the day.

Transatlantic by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Etihas Airways 787-9 A6-BLN "Choose Saudi Arabia" operating MAN-AUH

Choose Saudi Arabia by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 09-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #65
757 Bloke

Japan Airlines 787-9 JA783J "Arashi Hawaii Jet" operating LHR-HND

Hawaiian Special by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Air Malta A320-251 Neo 9H-NEB operating MLA-LHR

Maltese Neo by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Iran Air A330-243 EP-IJA operating IKA-LHR

Iranian Treat by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Last edited by Kestrel; 09-12-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #66
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Nice catches! I really like the HiFly livery... much better than the all whites they had!
Too bad you missed the IL-62, that's a fantastic rare bird! I had the luck of catching a Cubana IL-62M back in 2010, but i'd really love to photograph another IL-62!
Old 09-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #67
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Neat catches, Heathrow will never be the same without the BA 747s plowing in and out.. Wish I could've gone there while they were still in operation!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 09-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #68
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Nice catches! I really like the HiFly livery... much better than the all whites they had!
Too bad you missed the IL-62, that's a fantastic rare bird! I had the luck of catching a Cubana IL-62M back in 2010, but i'd really love to photograph another IL-62!

Thank you, Indeed their current livery looks amazing. Seeing the Cubana IL-62 must have been an amazing experience!

Quote:
Neat catches, Heathrow will never be the same without the BA 747s plowing in and out.. Wish I could've gone there while they were still in operation!

Thanks, I was planning a trip to DXB for my birthday next year as the 747 was down to operate one of the daily flights, things were falling into place and I was about to book it, two days later they announced the retirement so its a good thing I didn't

I feel like I took the 747 for granted and now its gone Im going to miss it a lot. It was bitter sweet to drive through the maintenance area at LHR past the remaining 747-400 that haven't left yet.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #69
757 Bloke

Of course Virgin Atlantic were another airline to retire the 747-400 due to Covid-19 and it was great to see G-VROM one last time parked up awaiting its fate. As sad as it is to see the 747s go I must admit Im a massive fan of the Virgin A350-1000, I feel their livery suits the aircraft perfectly, almost as well as it did the 747

Virgin Atlantic A350-1041 G-VJAM operating JFK-LHR as VS4

Queen of Hearts by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Bulgaria Air A320-214 LZ-FBD operating SOF-LHR as FB851

Polar Bear in a Snow Storm by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 09-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #70
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
Another two posts from Manchester, the rest of the movements were fairly uninteresting so wont be posting them.

Air Transat A321-271NX C-GOIJ operating MAN-YYZ after arriving from GLA earlier in the day.

Transatlantic by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Etihas Airways 787-9 A6-BLN "Choose Saudi Arabia" operating MAN-AUH

Choose Saudi Arabia by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Quote:
Japan Airlines 787-9 JA783J "Arashi Hawaii Jet" operating LHR-HND

Hawaiian Special by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Air Malta A320-251 Neo 9H-NEB operating MLA-LHR

Maltese Neo by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Iran Air A330-243 EP-IJA operating IKA-LHR

Iranian Treat by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Quote:
Of course Virgin Atlantic were another airline to retire the 747-400 due to Covid-19 and it was great to see G-VROM one last time parked up awaiting its fate. As sad as it is to see the 747s go I must admit Im a massive fan of the Virgin A350-1000, I feel their livery suits the aircraft perfectly, almost as well as it did the 747

Virgin Atlantic A350-1041 G-VJAM operating JFK-LHR as VS4

Queen of Hearts by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Bulgaria Air A320-214 LZ-FBD operating SOF-LHR as FB851

Polar Bear in a Snow Storm by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Dear Kestrel many thanks for your amazing pics.
Beautiful to see Air Transat using the A321neo from Toronto to Glasgow, about 5.280 km, then to Manchester. Airbus changed the long-haul routes with the amazing A321neo and the A321LR (up to 7.400 km).
Both Etihad and JAL B787-9 are wonderful and i could not decide which is the most beautiful.
About Air Malta A320neo, i am happy for our friend Martin (buettni) the airline has in fleet a "neo" without "nicklodeon" sticker: the regular livery is much better and we know Herpa is projecting it.
Iran Air A330-200: a myth, great livery, especially the tail fin logo.
Smoky landing for the monster of beauty, the Virgin Atlantic A350-1000: i wonder how many kg of tire rubber has been worn out!
Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 09-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #71
Admin

The Virgin A350-1000 is a gorgeous airplane for sure, but it's not as pretty as the 747..! Shame about your 747 trip. I was booked on 2 more 747-400M flights myself before COVID threw everything off, in from YYZ and out to JFK on 2 seperate bookings. I'm very lucky to have flown the 744 6x with KLM and in early March I had the opportunity to cross the 747 1A business class from my bucket list!

Old 09-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #72
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Dear Kestrel many thanks for your amazing pics.
Beautiful to see Air Transat using the A321neo from Toronto to Glasgow, about 5.280 km, then to Manchester. Airbus changed the long-haul routes with the amazing A321neo and the A321LR (up to 7.400 km).
Both Etihad and JAL B787-9 are wonderful and i could not decide which is the most beautiful.
About Air Malta A320neo, i am happy for our friend Martin (buettni) the airline has in fleet a "neo" without "nicklodeon" sticker: the regular livery is much better and we know Herpa is projecting it.
Iran Air A330-200: a myth, great livery, especially the tail fin logo.
Smoky landing for the monster of beauty, the Virgin Atlantic A350-1000: i wonder how many kg of tire rubber has been worn out!
Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

Glad you enjoyed the pics Charter, many good points there, Id love the Air Malta in 1:400!

Quote:
The Virgin A350-1000 is a gorgeous airplane for sure, but it's not as pretty as the 747..! Shame about your 747 trip. I was booked on 2 more 747-400M flights myself before COVID threw everything off, in from YYZ and out to JFK on 2 seperate bookings. I'm very lucky to have flown the 744 6x with KLM and in early March I had the opportunity to cross the 747 1A business class from my bucket list!

Wow that must have been amazing! Not all hope is lost, Im planning a trip on the Lufthansa 747-8 and if possible the Rossiya 747-400 depending on what happens to their fleet in the future.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #73
757 Bloke

Time for a pair of freighters.

European Air Transport Leipzig A300-622R(F) D-AEAM operating a positioning flight out to Paris CDG

Yellow Rocket by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Emirates Skycargo 777-F1H A6-EFI operating LHR-DWC as EK9944

Sky Cargo by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 09-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #74
Admin

Quote:
Wow that must have been amazing! Not all hope is lost, Im planning a trip on the Lufthansa 747-8 and if possible the Rossiya 747-400 depending on what happens to their fleet in the future.
It was amazing, reminiscing about it makes me very nostalgic, even though it was just over 6 months ago! The pandemic makes time feel very prolonged.

Good luck! Lufthansa should still have 747-8s around! I'm personally looking to use Flying Blue miles for a flight with Korean Air on their 747-8s!

On Topic, the photos give me a feeling of travelling despite being home, so thanks for that! But I can't complain, I've already taken 7 flights since lockdown ended.

Old 09-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #75
757 Bloke

Quote:
It was amazing, reminiscing about it makes me very nostalgic, even though it was just over 6 months ago! The pandemic makes time feel very prolonged.

Good luck! Lufthansa should still have 747-8s around! I'm personally looking to use Flying Blue miles for a flight with Korean Air on their 747-8s!

On Topic, the photos give me a feeling of travelling despite being home, so thanks for that! But I can't complain, I've already taken 7 flights since lockdown ended.

No problems, glad it has that effect. I should have had 7 flights too but all of them got cancelled

Im planning on doing LHR-ZRH early next month on the Swiss A340 if they are removed from the UK quarantine list.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: