Kestrel's Spotting Thread - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2020, 01:47 AM   #31
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Some great shot's i have been up twice this past week. Including last night (friday) to get the NHS 757 which seems to avoid the UK all the time. The connie 747 is a beautiful looking aircraft. I also think any aircraft is great in DHL livery.

Some info with regards to the ABX air Cargojet Amerijet. There just regular flights for DHL due to demand and increase in the DHL network. This is because not many pax airlines are flying stateside from the UK. DHL has a big network of using pax flights for sending stuff to the states as well but because not as busy as usual because of covid there is extra demand for getting stuff to America.

Great and fantastic shots 👍👍
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2020, 11:15 AM   #32
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby
Re: Kestrel's Spotting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Some great shot's i have been up twice this past week. Including last night (friday) to get the NHS 757 which seems to avoid the UK all the time. The connie 747 is a beautiful looking aircraft. I also think any aircraft is great in DHL livery.

Some info with regards to the ABX air Cargojet Amerijet. There just regular flights for DHL due to demand and increase in the DHL network. This is because not many pax airlines are flying stateside from the UK. DHL has a big network of using pax flights for sending stuff to the states as well but because not as busy as usual because of covid there is extra demand for getting stuff to America.

Great and fantastic shots ����
Thank you!

Ah I see, knew it was due to the current situation but wasnt sure what exactly so just assumed PPE.

I saw the NHS 757 on FR, shame it couldnt have came in a few days earlier.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #33
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
Yes i have a friend who works for DHL.

Yea the NHS 757 went down to LHR took off like a rocket. Great to see
Freight aircraft lover.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #34
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Really getting into the evening now!

ASL Airlines Ireland 737-4Z9(SF) EI-STM sitting idle after arriving from Milan Malpensa earlier in the day.

6N9A8465 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Star Air 767-219(BDSF) OY-SRF operating EGAA-EGNX

6N9A8486 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8487 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8497 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #35
757 Bloke

ASL Airlines Belgium 757-222(PCF) OO-TFC operating EGAA-EGNX

6N9A8513 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8516 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8521 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #36
757 Bloke

Bluebird Nordic 737-490(SF) TF-BBL operating BIKF-EGNX

6N9A8533 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8542 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

West Air Sweden BAE ATP-F operating EGJB-EGNX, I've very much missed seeing these at EGNT!

6N9A8560 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8564 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2020, 03:06 PM   #37
757 Bloke

EAT Leipzig A300B4-622R(F) D-AEAB taxiing to the DHL apron after arrving from EGAA

6N9A8612 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

EAT Leipzig A300B4-622R(F) D-AEAF taxiing to the DHL apron after arrving from EIDW

6N9A8671 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

ASL Airlines Hungary 737-4Y09(SF) EI-HAA arriving from EINN

6N9A8681 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

DHL Air UK 757-28A(PCF) G-DHKK arriving from EGPH

6N9A8704 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Swiftair ATR 72-211(F) EC-JQF arriving from EGJB

6N9A8715 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #38
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The most interesting cargo always seems to move at night, or at least what I consider to be the most interesting airplanes and liveries. EMA is a neat logistics hub with plenty of exciting traffic as caught by you!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:26 AM   #39
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The most interesting cargo always seems to move at night, or at least what I consider to be the most interesting airplanes and liveries. EMA is a neat logistics hub with plenty of exciting traffic as caught by you!

Thank you,

It's a shame so many movements happen at night, such a shame to seldom see such great liveries during the day.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #40
ATP Captain

Fantastic my favorite place in the UK. Agree with you and Thom shame it all moves at night. The ABX air 767 was in full DHL colours the other night. I arrived at midnight or just after such a same in the dark. Great photo's you have. I must pop up for the air bridge 747 on the sunday. Keep the photo's coming

Mike
Freight aircraft lover.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #41
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Wonder how many times we have possibly flown on one of these Freighters while they were still carrying passengers....
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #42
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Wonder how many times we have possibly flown on one of these Freighters while they were still carrying passengers....

I thought the same and had a look to see if I had flown on any of them, unfortunately I hadn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Fantastic my favorite place in the UK. Agree with you and Thom shame it all moves at night. The ABX air 767 was in full DHL colours the other night. I arrived at midnight or just after such a same in the dark. Great photo's you have. I must pop up for the air bridge 747 on the sunday. Keep the photo's coming

Yeah, I saw that DHL/ABX 763 on FR, it came back to EMA the same day after being denied oceanic clearence. Ive been tempted to head down for the 748 but cant justify the 3 hour drive for one aircraft at the moment. Hoping to head down for the F1 charters when the F1 circus heads to Sochi. Unfortunately, I have no more shots to upload from my trip to EMA, in a few weeks I'll be heading down to Heathrow and aim to stop by at EMA on the way home. So should have a fair amount of new photos by the 2nd week of September.

A quick note to everyone, I've been uploading my shots with a write-up attached on my main flickr (the one I use for the posts here is just an account I use to mass post photos).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Old 08-20-2020, 05:13 AM   #43
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful "night" shots! I love the ASL Airlines B737F and the Swiftair ATR-72F.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #44
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Beautiful "night" shots! I love the ASL Airlines B737F and the Swiftair ATR-72F.

Thank you Charter!

Hello again everyone,

Headed up to my local airport today to see the 2nd Eurowings flight since the route resumed. Its still very quiet I wasn't there long so not much to see Im afraid.

Air France HOP! E-190LR F-HBLC operating CDG-NCL

Hop! by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Eurowings A319-112 D-ABGQ operating DUS-NCL

Eurowings by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Tomorrow Im heading down to LHR and will be staying in one of the runway view rooms at the Mariot Renaissance Hotel so I should be able to gain a fair amount of content. Im also tempted to head to EMA on the way back to catch the Aerologic 777F also since it was 4 hours delayed last time I visited.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Kestrel; 09-04-2020 at 02:42 PM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 05:38 AM   #45
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Have fun at Heathrow, I hope the sun gods will look favourably on your presence!

In normal times Heathrow is the paradise of plane spotting, at least in Europe

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: