Kestrel's Spotting Thread - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby
Re: Kestrel's Spotting Thread

Now for my all time favorite aircraft, the 757. This bird flew with American unitl 2017 before being converted to a freighter for DHL.

DHL Air UK 757-223(PCF) operating EGNX-EHAM

6N9A8077 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8086 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8090 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8096 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Last edited by Kestrel; 08-13-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2020, 09:04 AM   #17
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Nice shots, the Connie 747 is one of my favourite visitors to Amsterdam! I love all their liveries, but the DHL Hybrid is the best looking for sure.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #18
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

The first pic of the B757 is stunning.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2020, 09:20 AM   #19
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Some nice pics here, I really like the Kalitta 747! I love how the livery shines when lit by the sun

The Royal Flight 777 is also a wonderful visitor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I love all their liveries, but the DHL Hybrid is the best looking for sure.
LOL really? Such a bland and boring livery in my opinion... the Kalitta regular scheme beats it by a mile!
Old 08-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #20
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Nice shots, the Connie 747 is one of my favourite visitors to Amsterdam! I love all their liveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
The first pic of the B757 is stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Some nice pics here, I really like the Kalitta 747! I love how the livery shines when lit by the sun

The Royal Flight 777 is also a wonderful visitor!

Thanks guys, Im usually overcritical of my photography so hearing such compliments genuinely means alot.

Quote:
The DHL Hybrid is the best looking for sure.

Im afriad I have to agree with Leo on this one, not a fan personally, too much white not enough red and gold
Old 08-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #21
757 Bloke

Next up is the Cargojet, this flight was one of the reasons I wanted to head down to EMA. As far as I know it operates to transport PPE between the US and the UK along with Amerijet and ABX. The Amerijet was one I would have liked to see but unfortunately it was arriving at 23:30 and I had a 3 hour drive home so wasnt staying that long

Cargojet 767-35E(ER)(BCF) C-GUAJ operating KCVG-EGNX

6N9A8274 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8280 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8287 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8311 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8341 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #22
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
S

LOL really? Such a bland and boring livery in my opinion... the Kalitta regular scheme beats it by a mile!
Y'all are blind..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 08-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #23
757 Bloke

Next up is a type that is becoming increasingly rare!

ASL Ireland (DHL) A300B4-622R(F) EI-OZM sitting on the DHL apron before heading off to Leipzig later that evening.

6N9A8141 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #24
757 Bloke

Next up is the first of the 737 classics!

West Atlantic UK 737-322(SF) G-JMCL operating EGJJ-EGNX

6N9A8358 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8360 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8373 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8377 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-14-2020, 05:44 AM   #25
Admin

Those 737 freighters are very nice, I believe you got loads of West Atlantics hopping around the UK. It's also lovely to see the DHL A300s still plowing through!

Old 08-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #26
757 Bloke

Quote:
Those 737 freighters are very nice, I believe you got loads of West Atlantics hopping around the UK. It's also lovely to see the DHL A300s still plowing through!
Yeah, theres still a tonne of them still zipping about. Most operate past midnight so I only saw the one unfortunatley. The A300 was amazing to see, the noise it makes is marvelous!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #27
757 Bloke

Heres where my skill runs out and the quality of the photos start to decrease along with the light

EAT Lepizig A330-243F operating KJFK-EGNX

6N9A8411 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8429 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8440 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8457 by Reece Bold, on Flickr
Old 08-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
Admin

Nice one Reese, the photos actually are still on the sharp end for these low-light conditions. You and your camera do a great job.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #29
757 Bloke

Quote:
Nice one Reese, the photos actually are still on the sharp end for these low-light conditions. You and your camera do a great job.

Very much appreciate it!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #30
757 Bloke

Funny story with this one, while the DHL 33F was landing a police car came and started moving people parked on the grass, myself and the others assumed it would be okay since the red route wasnt blocked on stopped on per say. Anyway I was far enough away that it was pointless running back to move since the 330 was seconds away and once it passed I ran back. Upon getting to my car a police officer was writting me a ticket but upon explaining that Im not from the area and assymed it was okay since everyone else was doing it, she ripped up the ticket and let me on her way, not all cops are bad!

The issue was a UPS 767 was on finals and a mad dash ensued to make it to another location a few hundred metres away from where I was before it arrived, thankfully I made it, sort of...

UPS Airlines 767-34AF(ER) N306UP operating KPHL-EGNX

6N9A8448 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the fence in time to catch it touching down and ended up panning through the fence. Wasnt gonna share this one but spent a fair while editing and was the best I could manage. I attached the before image for reference.

6N1A8453 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

6N9A8453 by Reece Bold, on Flickr

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: