Trips for 2020 - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-19-2020, 08:32 AM   #46
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Trips for 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
I've only flown LH long haul once so I was basically referring to LH euro business class. On LH, food is generally pretty bad and service not always friendly. LH, LX and OS business lounges are also mediocre and often crowded. Especially in MUC (gates G/H), VIE and ZHR (while the terminal feels bright and spacious).
SN has much better lounges and offers some nice touches such as the chocolates before landing but the overall on board experience feels cheap: no partition between business and economy, plastic cutlery and and meal served in a simple plastic box.

Only LX and OS offers in my opinion a competitive in flight experience.

That said, I recently flew Eurowings in smart class and was happily surprised. You get priority boarding and for a small fee you can upgrade to an extra legroom seat. Of course it's not business class at all but these are nice perks for a much cheaper price.

Of course it is different if you fly for your job, which makes obtaining a status much more easily.
By the way there are definitely fare classes that will earn you zero miles with Miles and more. I flew BRU-WAW-BRU in paid economy L class and earned literally zero miles.
OK, Euro Business Class is not much you can expect on really short flights. For me space and Prio Boarding was much more important than getting one slice more of cheese or not on my Sandwich. I dont think we had plastic cutlery to be honest, whenever recall flying LH Business there was usually normal cutlery. AUA was nice on short haul Business, even the shjort trip from Graz to Frankfurt was nice with decent Food and nice presentation. Brussels was nothing special, apart from the Choc (Which Air Berlin offered for everyone, but of Course cheaper and LX does the same).

Are you referring to the Business lounges for FTL's or Senators ? Agree, some are overcrowded (less the Senator, more the FTL lounge, where you hardly get space).
Had same experience with Brussels, where I wasnt even able to enter the Lounge, they closed it since it was too full. But apart from that one time experience I liked the BRU lounge. Frankfurt and Munich have a few, so really think it depends on time of day and which lounge you use and they are quite ok. Something to rest, Laptop Connection, decent Food and Drinks. Always used the showers and often the sleeper compartments in Frankfurt between my Connections, that saved my day often

Well, I never had a Zero mile flight, never in my time I have flown. Yes, low miles, but never Zero. And you usually never get Zero miles if you fly LH Group, those will Always earn miles plus the Exec Bonus.

Best Lounges I had so far were Air Canada in YYZ and Cathay's in HKG. Nice Dining, even a la Carte and cosy atmosphere.

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 03-19-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Speedbird 001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #47
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Guys just switch loyalty to SkyTeam, trust me.

Also: LH's long haul biz product as is hasn't been impressive enough for me to book it. They've chosen a 2-2-2 in the A350.. Even KLM has introduced a 1-2-1 config!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #48
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
April:

AMS-CDG KLM 737-800 Business
CDG-YUL Air France 777-200ER Business
YUL-YYZ WestJet Encore Q400 Premium
YYZ-AMS KLM 747-400M Business (Upper deck hype)
Cancelled, naturally..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Old 04-14-2020, 04:33 PM   #49
RJ Second Officer

Mill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciatedMill0r is appreciated

30.12.2019 Frankfurt-Abu Dhabi Etihad Boeing 787-9
31.12.2019 Abu Dhabi-Melbourne Etihad Boeing 787-9
01.01.2020 Melbourne-Hobart Virgin Australia Boeing 737-800

03.03.2020 Hobart-Sydney QantasLink Being 717
03.03.2020 Sydney-Auckland Qantas Airbus A330-300

Intended to fly:
28.04.2020 Auckland-Sydney Air New Zealand Boeing 777-200 (Would have been a new airline and aircraft type for me )
28.04.2020 Sydney-Abu Dhabi Etihad Airbus A380 (Would have been nice to see how luxury their A380s actually are....the 787-9 is a "conserve dose")
29.04.2020 Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt Etihad Boeing 787-9

Instead flew on a German repatriation flights:
11.04.2020 Auckland-Bangkok-Frankurt Lufthansa Airbus A380 (new livery)

Luckily me and my family with a little kid and a baby were allowed to fly bussines class.
There was no actual service on bord because there is no catering service available in New Zealand at the moment but the lie flat beds were genious!
Mill0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #50
Admin

Lets see if this will actually go through:

AMS-ALC KLM 737-800
ALC-AMS KLM 737-800

AMS-HEL KLM 737-800
HEL-AMS KLM 737-800

AMS-ARN KLM 737-800
ARN-AMS KLM 737-800

Nice diversity eh..

Old 08-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #51
Admin

Quote:

AMS-HEL KLM 737-800
HEL-AMS KLM 737-800
Now

AMS-CDG Air France A319
CDG-OPO Air France A319
OPO-AMS KLM Cityhopper E190

Old 08-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #52
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

I have one flight booked in October to return from Palma to Hamburg, most likely with Condor,
from my cruise. But I dont think neither of it will happen to be honest....
Speedbird 001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:18 AM   #53
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
I have one flight booked in October to return from Palma to Hamburg, most likely with Condor,
from my cruise. But I dont think neither of it will happen to be honest....
Sounds very uncertain indeed. This thread isn't as full as I hoped it to be come this time 'round..!

What matters most is our health of course!

Old 09-16-2020, 08:51 AM   #54
Admin

Later this month

AMS-CDG Air France A320
CDG-FLR Air France A318
FLR-CDG Air France A318
CDG-AMS Air France A320

Old 09-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #55
Admin

Quote:
Later this month

AMS-CDG Air France A320
CDG-FLR Air France A318
Ended up with AMS-PSA (diversion from FLR) on a KLM Cityhopper E190

Old 09-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #56
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Ciao Thom, how the landing at FLR with the A318?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:48 AM   #57
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Ciao Thom, how the landing at FLR with the A318?
I changed to the direct AMS-FLR with KLM Cityhopper on their E190, but we ended up diverting to PSA due to strong tailwinds. Very wobbly approach, steep nose down, steep climb in the go around and sharp banking.. Fun morning I'd say

The departure was on the A318 to CDG. Very turbulent over the Apennines.

Old 11-12-2020, 06:25 AM   #58
Admin

Flown:

AMS-LHR KLM 737-700
LHR-ZRH Swiss A340-300
ZRH-AMS KLM Cityhopper E175

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: