Trips for 2020 - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 07:13 AM   #31
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Trips for 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Air Transport View Post
Thank you very much for your advice! Very appreciated!
NP, if you are SAS Club Member try to upgrade one corridor into Prem, well worth it, especially if you have an overnight return.

Have a nice trip.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2020, 09:27 AM   #32
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Completed:

AMS-ALC Transavia 737-700
ALC-AMS Transavia 737-800

Quite a noticeable difference with KL's 737 in J
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #33
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

May:

AMS-JFK KLM 747-400
JFK-AMS KLM 777-200
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Old 03-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #34
Admin

July:

BUD-AMS KLM 737-800
AMS-SEA Delta A330-900
SEA-HNL Delta 757-300
HNL-LAX Delta 757-300
LAX-AMS Delta 777-200LR
AMS-BUD KLM 737-800

All in Business.. Let's just see if KLM/Delta still exist around that time.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #35
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
July:

BUD-AMS KLM 737-800
AMS-SEA Delta A330-900
SEA-HNL Delta 757-300
HNL-LAX Delta 757-300
LAX-AMS Delta 777-200LR
AMS-BUD KLM 737-800

All in Business.. Let's just see if KLM/Delta still exist around that time.
Oh that was that 650 euros deal, right?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #36
Admin

You're on to me! I paid even less

Old 03-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #37
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

did you book that via KLM Website or hoe did it work ?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #38
Admin

Air France site.

You can read a bit of background here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...s-750-r-t.html

But do note the fare has been pulled.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #39
Captain

Quote:
Air France site.

You can read a bit of background here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...s-750-r-t.html

But do note the fare has been pulled.
Thanks, good to have this site as well. I Need to re-work on keeping my Senator.

But flying currently is off the Radar at all....we had to cancel even our Weekend in an appartment on the North Sea Coast. Touristical overnights not allowed in Germany anymore, even for Germans.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #40
Admin

I highly recommend Flyertalk. There's some loops for everyone. Popular XP runs for Flying Blue I learned from FlyerTalk is BLL-TLV, which yields 108 XP in Business class for €450. Instant Silver, repeat twice for Gold

Old 03-18-2020, 03:56 PM   #41
Captain

Quote:
I highly recommend Flyertalk. There's some loops for everyone. Popular XP runs for Flying Blue I learned from FlyerTalk is BLL-TLV, which yields 108 XP in Business class for Ä450. Instant Silver, repeat twice for Gold
Thats interesting. I think I need to read into this very well, since I am really annoyed having lost my BA Silver already and now my Senator will expire next year. Since I dont fly anymore for Business, almost impossible to regain on normal way. But if I fly now, that I still hold the Gold Status, it yields me more, since I get a Exec Bonus on top.

Always thought it is fairly complicated finding that stuff, but to be frank I never dived too Deep into it, since I was able to steer as much as possible via my travel agency, always checked opportunities and if possible then picked Star Alliance, so no Need to use mileage runs.
But thanks for the link.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:50 AM   #42
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Lucky you. I missed that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Thats interesting. I think I need to read into this very well, since I am really annoyed having lost my BA Silver already and now my Senator will expire next year. Since I dont fly anymore for Business, almost impossible to regain on normal way. But if I fly now, that I still hold the Gold Status, it yields me more, since I get a Exec Bonus on top.

Always thought it is fairly complicated finding that stuff, but to be frank I never dived too Deep into it, since I was able to steer as much as possible via my travel agency, always checked opportunities and if possible then picked Star Alliance, so no Need to use mileage runs.
But thanks for the link.
Gaining a Miles and More status is really hard. Even when flying paid flex business on LH, LX, OS or SN you will mostly be booked in P class which will make you earn only a few status miles (flat rate of 750 status miles for EU flights) and that same P class will even not make you earn a single mile on other Star Alliance programs. If you want to book a higher booking class the price will be mostly two to three times higher (and nearly Ä1000 for an intra europe flight is a complete rip-off to me.

As said earlier, while the FF program of some other Star Alliance carriers makes it much easier to obtain a status it wonít work if you fly regularly on the LH group since most fare classes arenít eligible for mileage earning. Also Eurowings flights can only be credited on a Miles and More account (or ANA or United).
Another problem is that you need to meet these requirements in one calendar year (and not within 12 months like with many other programs.

The only way you can get to Frequent Traveller level or Senator is if you fly a lot, long haul and in full fare business class. Otherwise itís almost impossible (you can also fly 30 flight segments on the LH group to get FQTV status).

Iím really thinking of quitting M&M in favour of Flying Blue or BAís executive club. Iím tired of trying to obtain a status I will probably never get. I also find the product of the LH group to be pretty mediocre. Especially LH business class is a complete waste of money.

Old 03-19-2020, 04:54 AM   #43
Sympathy for the devil 😈

On a side note, I was very surprised to have received this email from Miles and More yesterday:
Quote:
Make a hotel booking until 31.3.2020 of at least 150 euros and stay by 30.06.2020 to secure your chance of winning some great mileage prizes! This is in addition to the usual at least 1,000 award miles you earn per night.1
Seems to me like a pretty bad timing for such offers...

Old 03-19-2020, 05:59 AM   #44
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Lucky you. I missed that one

Gaining a Miles and More status is really hard. Even when flying paid flex business on LH, LX, OS or SN you will mostly be booked in P class which will make you earn only a few status miles (flat rate of 750 status miles for EU flights) and that same P class will even not make you earn a single mile on other Star Alliance programs. If you want to book a higher booking class the price will be mostly two to three times higher (and nearly €1000 for an intra europe flight is a complete rip-off to me.

As said earlier, while the FF program of some other Star Alliance carriers makes it much easier to obtain a status it won’t work if you fly regularly on the LH group since most fare classes aren’t eligible for mileage earning. Also Eurowings flights can only be credited on a Miles and More account (or ANA or United).
Another problem is that you need to meet these requirements in one calendar year (and not within 12 months like with many other programs.

The only way you can get to Frequent Traveller level or Senator is if you fly a lot, long haul and in full fare business class. Otherwise it’s almost impossible (you can also fly 30 flight segments on the LH group to get FQTV status).

I’m really thinking of quitting M&M in favour of Flying Blue or BA’s executive club. I’m tired of trying to obtain a status I will probably never get. I also find the product of the LH group to be pretty mediocre. Especially LH business class is a complete waste of money.
Everyone has different opinions, but have to disagree. The LH Business Class isnt a bad product at all, have flown them on longhaul during the past 3 years quite often and cant really complain. What makes you having that opinion ? I like it and I have comparison having flown EK, SIA, SAS, QF, BA, CX, UA, AC etc business class as well.
NONE of them was really totally outstanding, they all had something good and something which I didnt like or where I thought Little Things could be improved. But have to say that Always felt welcome, comfy and home when flying LH Business.
LH took well care of me and I always had a nice flat bed to recover.

I had M&M since years and since it is the best Connection from my home with LH Group via Hubs of Star (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE, BRU, CPH, WAW or LHR) it made sense I steer as much as possible via Star and then gaining the Senator Status was a piece of cake to be honest. Had between Jan 2017 and Apr 2019 approx 240 flights. I earn miles on every fare, no fare is a Zero when flying, never had it. Agree, there are some classes which may not earn you Points with other Star Airlines, but I never had Zero, even not with Eurowings. Plus I Always get an Exec Bonus on LH Group Airlines, also on EW flights. But agree, obtaining Senator is I think the most difficult in Star, think Turkish and Aegean are easy ones. And if you dont fly Long haul, yes, then you can Forget it and just Focus on the FTL.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:07 AM   #45
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Everyone has different opinions, but have to disagree. The LH Business Class isnt a bad product at all, have flown them on longhaul during the past 3 years quite often and cant really complain. What makes you having that opinion ? I like it and I have comparison having flown EK, SIA, SAS, QF, BA, CX, UA, AC etc business class as well.
NONE of them was really totally outstanding, they all had something good and something which I didnt like or where I thought Little Things could be improved. But have to say that Always felt welcome, comfy and home when flying LH Business.
LH took well care of me and I always had a nice flat bed to recover.
I've only flown LH long haul once so I was basically referring to LH euro business class. On LH, food is generally pretty bad and service not always friendly. LH, LX and OS business lounges are also mediocre and often crowded. Especially in MUC (gates G/H), VIE and ZHR (while the terminal feels bright and spacious).
SN has much better lounges and offers some nice touches such as the chocolates before landing but the overall on board experience feels cheap: no partition between business and economy, plastic cutlery and and meal served in a simple plastic box.

Only LX and OS offers in my opinion a competitive in flight experience.

That said, I recently flew Eurowings in smart class and was happily surprised. You get priority boarding and for a small fee you can upgrade to an extra legroom seat. Of course it's not business class at all but these are nice perks for a much cheaper price.

Quote:
I had M&M since years and since it is the best Connection from my home with LH Group via Hubs of Star (FRA, MUC, ZRH, VIE, BRU, CPH, WAW or LHR) it made sense I steer as much as possible via Star and then gaining the Senator Status was a piece of cake to be honest. Had between Jan 2017 and Apr 2019 approx 240 flights. I earn miles on every fare, no fare is a Zero when flying, never had it. Agree, there are some classes which may not earn you Points with other Star Airlines, but I never had Zero, even not with Eurowings. Plus I Always get an Exec Bonus on LH Group Airlines, also on EW flights. But agree, obtaining Senator is I think the most difficult in Star, think Turkish and Aegean are easy ones. And if you dont fly Long haul, yes, then you can Forget it and just Focus on the FTL.
Of course it is different if you fly for your job, which makes obtaining a status much more easily.
By the way there are definitely fare classes that will earn you zero miles with Miles and more. I flew BRU-WAW-BRU in paid economy L class and earned literally zero miles.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: