What would you say is the rarest plane you have flown on ? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
What would you say is the rarest plane you have flown on ?

Curious what you guys have flown so far...I recall we talked about it in or or the way.

Just came across my old Boarding passes while preparing to put them with the Stickers in my album and I didnt even recall all of them.

Would think my rarest 2 planes flown were :
Euro Direct Airlines ATP and Merpati Casa 235

Unfortunately never managed to catch a russian plane yet
My wife constantly teasing me that she flew Interflug's IL62 and A310...

MAN, I want that, too !!!

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 05-02-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: What would you say is the rarest plane you have flown on ?

Afraid a Saab 340 is the closest thing to a rare plane I have flown on
Old 05-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I'm even worse than furry, I'd say the MD-11.. Or perhaps the CRJ200, I don't know which one would be the rarest. I'm planning on a DC-3 flight this year though!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

Depends if you are asking about airliners or planes in general?

How about a DH84 Dragon, Fairey Swordfish and an Airspeed Oxford for starters?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

I guess that would be the 757-300 D-ABOE, now G-JOME with Thomas Cook, which operated my very first flight ever on 31st October 2015, DE6722 from Munich to Jerez (Spain).

Then comes the A321 D-AIAF on the return flight to MUC, which was damaged in Berlin SXF only weeks after I flew it and guess what? It deserved it to be damaged.

Finally it's the 737-800 on 19th May 2016 to Mallorca and back on the 26th May 2016.

You know what's strange about this? Each time I fly somewhere, a plane crashes. I need to test this on 5th June on my next flight.
FlyingFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Tarom A310 and Biman DC-10 are the best I can do.
Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
#covfefe!

Vic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dog

I'm afraid there are not many exotic planes I have flown with. Maybe Air Koryo's Il-76MD (P-912). Or any other Air Koryo plane (Il-18, Il-62, Tu-134, Tu-154, An-148, Tu-204). Aside from that, one flight with CityJet's SSJ100 EI-FWB. The rest is "boring" standard Airbus and Boeing stuff (okay, the LH A340-600 with the "lavatories in the basement" configuration is at least a bit exotic), plus some MD-83, Fokker 100 and a couple of E175, E195 and DHC-8-400 flights.

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things..."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Vic Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

I've flown on most of VN's fleet (not with their 787, A350 since my flights with them were replaced by A330 and A321) and I flew many times on the A321 (which makes me bored but they were better compare to the crampy 737s). And the rarest must be the F70 with them that they used to operate, now being exported to Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #9
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog

A Continental 757-300, now flying for United is probably the rarest I have been on.

Next up would be an Emirates 777-300 Non ER version, then coming third would be the BA 777-200 Non ER version (G-ZZZA).

F70 as well to some ???
Old 05-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #10
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

When I was between the ages of 7-9, I flew on not one, but two (Maybe even three) Tu-154s in Iran. At the time I had no idea what a special experience it was, but now I know, and I remember it fondly. I would not call them rare, but I have also flown on an ATR-42 Combi in Pakistan, a few other little Fokkers (100) in Iran, and considering there are less then 100 of them I would assume a 777-200LR is quite rare...

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:39 AM   #11
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

An old Convair 580 flying on behalf of Chatams Pacific Airways between the islands Vava'u and Tongatapu (Nuku'Alofa)

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #12
RJ Second Officer

lreigle is getting startedlreigle is getting startedlreigle is getting startedlreigle is getting startedlreigle is getting started

Island Airlines model 4-AT Ford Tri-Motor, N7684 in 1968, at its home base of Port Clinton, Ohio.
Attached Thumbnails
What would you say is the rarest plane you have flown on ?-081968-dc-trip-islandairlines-14-.jpg  
lreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
ATP Captain

bmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dogbmibaby737 is a top dog

If anyones bothered my dad's been on Concorde, VC10, Tristar, Viscount, F27, 747-100 to name a few. (Showing his age now).
Old 07-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #14
Earning My Wings

IndoAvia is flying under the radar

L1011 Delta
IndoAvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
Earning My Wings

yyzsteph is flying under the radar

Unfortunately I don't know what planes I flew on in my childhood - I didn't start tracking that until I was 19. I flew on JetsGo, almost certainly an MD-83 because I doubt they would've used Fokkers to go from YEG to YYC. I also flew on a Lufthansa BAe146. I flew Canadian Airlines a few times as well but not sure which planes unfortunately.
yyzsteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: