Trip to FCO-BSL-AMS - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Trip to FCO-BSL-AMS

Ciao to all my friends.
In few days, for Christmas holidays, i am going to spend some relaxing days at Colmar (France). My easyJet flight will land at Basel Airport (BSL) and i will have some hours for a visit to the Swiss city; i wonder if BSL has a viewing terrace to make some photos, may you help me with your suggestions?
Thanks so much.
Charter.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2016, 05:19 AM   #2
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby
Re: Help for "Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg" Airport.

According to the official informations (Besucherterrasse am EuroAirport) the viewing terrace is closed at the moment (for reasons of security). There should be another viewing platform (Belvedere) walkable from the terminal (about 25 minutes). For more information: Planespotting / Viewing Guides for France's Airports and Airfields - AircraftSpotting.co.uk
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks getifero.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Old 12-17-2016, 02:52 AM   #4
The Dark Side

I'm leaving for Basel (Basel "Euroairport") by easyJet, then Colmar (France) by train, return with KLM via Amsterdam "Schiphol".
Bye bye.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Europort (Basel) is a very nice and original airport, home of three nations, France-Swiss-Germany. When landed a British Airways A319 and two easyJet HB- A320 parked.
Now i am in France, i'll post the photos as soon as possible.
Ciao.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
The Dark Side

I know you're waiting photos and will post them soon (tomorrow).
Basel is a very quiet airport even having 4.5 million pax per year, easyJet "empire" with many HB- A319 and A320.
Beautiful the easyJet A320WL new livery, the real airplane is very nice. Beautiful also to see Turkish Airlines A321WL and B737-800WL.
Interesting also to see that Swiss is still using the RJ100.
For my return flight KLM Cityhopper E-190 and the B737-800WL.
A question: HOW EXPENSIVE SWITZERLAND IS???!!! A cappuccino 5.90 CH = 5.90 euro, a Burger King menu 17 CH = 17 euro...and so on. Incredible!

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Re: Trip to FCO-BSL-AMS

FCO Airport, Rome, early morning: i have to take an easyJet flight for Euroairport Basel.
This is a typical "Ape", three wheels Italian star

Flight for Basel at 10:10, easyJet Switzerland

Just a look at the prices of the food in this restaurant...

For this our dear friend Leonardo would be very happy: not for the fact that Cathay Pacific is flying to Rome with the new A350 (i would be happy because i will finally take pictures of the CX A350!) but because they wrote Airbus 350...

On the bus for the airplane remote stand: FCO apron.

Look at the Air Malta A320 retro

New terminal for "Leonardo Da Vinci"

Swiss still flies with the RJ100 "Jumbolino"

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
The Dark Side

My airplane, easyJet Switzerland A320 HB-JXB

a Transavia B737-700WL new livery push back and taxiing for Rotterdam

Lufthansa A321 taking off

The same for a KLM B737-800WL

British Airways B767-300 taxiing (beautiful!)

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-20-2016, 04:58 PM   #9
The Dark Side

"Leonardo Da Vinci" apron

Taxiing for takeoff, runway 25/07

Alitalia A320

Luxair Dash 8-400

Alitalia A321 very old livery

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Let me start with easyJet review. The airplane was an A320, HB-JXB registration, Swiss crew but English easyJet brand; FCO-BSL route. Just one hand baggage allowed,56x45x25 cm of size (and easyJet, like Ryanair, Vueling, Wizz and other low costs, put a rack close to the gate where the handbaggages can be checked), including cameras, backpacks, small women handbags! The gate closes 30 minutes before takeoff: no delays at the gate, 30 minutes before takeoff the gate closes and, if there are delays, passengers wait inside the bus or on the airplane. Example: takeoff time 10:10 am, 09:20 gate opens for boarding, 09:40 gate closes, if you arrive at 9:45 and the passengers are still on the bus or the gorund crew is still around the gate, you have missed the flight! Solution: along with a lot of anger, you have to go to easyJet desk and find a new flight (that, of course, will have available seats for you!!!) paying 150 euro per person. This is one of the many ways low costs make money. Few years ago there was another problem with low costs (and easyJet in particular): the boarding gate was unknown until few minutes before boarding. Imagine the run of hundreds of passengers trying to arrive at the gate without a "letal" late and, despite this, many of them lost their flight! Now the gate is clear also many hours before boarding.
This time there have not been problems with the baggages of the many passengers, all in the bus arriving in time on the remote apron where our airplanes was waiting for us. Vueling A320's and many other easyJet A319/320 (HB- and G- registrations) parked.

Inside the airplane many advertisements

and look at the space among the seats: as you will see later, there is more space for the legs in the KLM E-190!

Takeoff with late of 30 minutes (because of the many traffic at FCO), then i decide to drink a Cappuccino: not so expensive, 3 euro (considering the Pound), for a nice Cappuccino

with a nice written on the cup ("Become an instant barista": many of you could not understand the word "barista", it is used for the staff working in a bar - Italian place where to taste a breakfast with Cappuccino and Cornetto - and in particular for those preparing the good Cappuccino. The written is nice because the Cappuccino sold by easyJet is really good and, for this reason, drinking it you can become a good barista!)

Inflight

Alps

Then i decided to give me a present: i like clocks and i have seen some good pieces, so i chose this beautiful Fossil. Price: 105 euro (instead of 140), paying cash i purchased it for 92 euro. A great bargain for me!

About to arrive

landed at BSL "Europort"

Conclusions: a good flight, good ground crew at FCO, no problems with passengers and handbaggages at the gate, great flights, good inflight service, late partially recovered. More than welcomed that the cabin crew has always spoken in three languages, English, German and Italian.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-23-2016, 03:47 AM   #11
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Nice my friend. I find easyJet to be among the better LCCs, but IMHO Norwegian tops the list.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #12
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Thank you for your beautiful pictures Charter. It is quite amazing to see that the 1/70 introduced Alitalia livery is still in service and strange that this iconic but chronically deficient carrier has proved so resistant to redevelopment. But if the greatest Italian spotters fly EasyJet and spend their money on American fashion watches what remains for Alitalia?
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #13
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Nice my friend. I find easyJet to be among the better LCCs, but IMHO Norwegian tops the list.
I had a very bad experience with easyJet but this time, honestly speaking, the experience was beautiful. I arrived at the conclusion that not all the low costs are really "low costs": we must divide the different airlines by what they offer. easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz and Vueling are low-low costs, while Norwegian, for example, is a bit different. Now Ryanair is offering one handbaggage (56x45x25 cm) + another small handbaggage (like a small daypack); Norwegian is a low cost but more similar to ex State airlines like KLM or Air France or Alitalia: even in these carriers you have to check your handbaggage, no giant baggages like the past are allowed. They try to save money on the total aircraft weight and even the size of the baggages in the cabin is important to save weight -> fuel -> money. How many passengers travel for more than 3/4 days in Europe? Few, the majority spend few days traveling with one/two handbaggages. For this reason airlines like KLM, Air France, British Airways and Alitalia are becoming careful and strict about handbaggages.
Air France, for example:
- 1 handbaggage 56x45x25 cm + 1 personal accessory 40x30x15 (it can be handbag or 1 briefcase or 1 small bag for a notebook computer or camera).

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
Thank you for your beautiful pictures Charter. It is quite amazing to see that the 1/70 introduced Alitalia livery is still in service and strange that this iconic but chronically deficient carrier has proved so resistant to redevelopment. But if the greatest Italian spotters fly EasyJet and spend their money on American fashion watches what remains for Alitalia?
Thanks for your nice words getifero.
Honestly speaking i would like to fly Alitalia again, also because i would like to become again (or for the first time...) proud of my country and "my" airline, but i can't! With Alitalia you pay a Rome FCO -London LHR flight like and intercontinental flight with a charter/leisure airline like Blue Panorama or Neos!

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Other pics at FCO:

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #15
In thrust we trust

MM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobbyMM9024 is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful pics and a great tripreport!

I've never tried Easyjet but honestly I don't wanna try it. If I can effort to fly a route with a national carrier of a country I would choose it. But, and that's the bad Point: Many routes are not served by the legacy carriers, like KLM, Austrian, Swiss etc. You've only the choise between their subsidairys or you take the well known low cost Airlines. But on the other hand, there might be a few, like some say, that they're a thing between those two completely different airline types. So maybe Norewegian can be tried out in the future.
MM9024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: