Trips for 2017 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-25-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon
Trips for 2017

I know it's early but today I received my answer on where I go on the "Studienfahrt", a trip you take with your class mates, and I'm going to Edinburgh in Scotland!

Possible departure:
18th or 19th June 2017 with Easyjet from Munich or Stuttgart

Possible return:
23rd or 24th June 2017 with Easyjet to Munich or Stuttgart
FlyingFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby
Re: Trips for 2017

It's amazing how commonplace this 'Studienfahrt' and their US/Australian etc equivalents seem; my school couldn't even afford to send us 30 miles down the road to York on a day trip!

I've no firm plans but am going to the Hungarian F1 Grand Prix, likely with BA from LHR. I still want to try Wizzair from Doncaster to Riga, Vilnius or Gdansk so hopefully that's on the cards for next year. Almost certainly I'll be using our local Flybe service to Dusseldorf as well at some point.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
It's amazing how commonplace this 'Studienfahrt' and their US/Australian etc equivalents seem
I've done the same, went to Rome a couple of years ago.

For me, nothing booked yet but it'll involve lots of Transavia to and from Alicante I'm sure. Perhaps another US/Canada destination?

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
my school couldn't even afford to send us 30 miles down the road to York on a day trip!
Exactaly the same issue, I think I went on one trip the entirety of secondary school, 5 miles up the beach. So many other trips were promised but nothing happened. Now im in college there is going to be a skiing trip to Geneva but no date or airline just yet.

Also pricing up the 24 Hours of Spa GT race.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:26 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

The (late night) flights are booked:

Sun 18th June 2016: EZY6914 MUC-EDI 21:50-23:10

Fri 23rd June 2016: EZY6913 EDI-MUC 18:05-21:20
Old 11-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #6
banned

SausageAndMash is getting startedSausageAndMash is getting startedSausageAndMash is getting startedSausageAndMash is getting startedSausageAndMash is getting startedSausageAndMash is getting started

Feb: AF B789 LHR-CDG.
SausageAndMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #7
RJ First Officer

Most likely going to Chile in Summer to visit family, the trip will most likely be something like this:

5th August: STR/MUC to AMS on vacation in the Netherlands (again...)

19th August: AMS-DTW with Delta / DTW - ATL with Delta / ATL SCL (+1) with Delta

3rd/4th/5th September: SCL-ATL with Delta and then after a 12 hours layover in Atlanta: ATL-STR/MUC.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

First Business trip this year took me to Frankfurt last week.
Was lucky enough to catch this Beauty on my way back to Hamburg

Evil has struck me though....I tried to avoid it, but now in the end it happened.
After 300+ flights, this week I have to fly Ryanair for the first 2 times in my whole flying career.
HAM-STN and back .
Hope this will be a unique experience, usually trying to fly the legacy carriers all the time....good that my second flight next week is Lufthansa to Frankfurt back and forth again

Coming closer is also BA 777 and 787 in Club World to Bangkok and from Shanghai in March.
Attached Thumbnails
Trips for 2017-lufthansa_-retro_livery-_d-aidv-_airbus_a321-231_-15834461164-.jpg  
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #9
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Evil has struck me though....I tried to avoid it, but now in the end it happened.
After 300+ flights, this week I have to fly Ryanair for the first 2 times in my whole flying career.
HAM-STN and back .
Hope this will be a unique experience, usually trying to fly the legacy carriers all the time....good that my second flight next week is Lufthansa to Frankfurt back and forth again
When my friends - who know nothing about aviation - go on holiday the first airline they go to is Ryanair and I always try and talk them out of it because they end up spending more than if they considered other alternatives!

I've had a change of plans in April that might necessitate a DLH flight from MAN-FRA and return which I'm looking forward to, not flown with Lufthansa before. Just a shame I'll miss out on a chance to fly the 737...

In July I'm going LHR-BUD and return on BAW, then DSA-DUB on Flybe in August. Might squeeze another intra-European excursion before the end of the year if I can.

Last edited by bskc8th; 02-10-2017 at 08:37 AM.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #10
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
When my friends - who know nothing about aviation - go on holiday the first airline they go to is Ryanair and I always try and talk them out of it because they end up spending more than if they considered other alternatives!

I've had a change of plans in April that might necessitate a DLH flight from MAN-FRA and return which I'm looking forward to, not flown with Lufthansa before. Just a shame I'll miss out on a chance to fly the 737...

In July I'm going LHR-BUD and return on BAW, then DSA-DUB on Flybe in August. Might squeeze another intra-European excursion before the end of the year if I can.
I so agree with you. I fly quite often and I can't believe people still get tricked by Ryanair or others, any flight with better national companies is just as expensive if you bring your luggage (because when I travel I don't just want to brush my teeth and wear the same thing for days) and if you choose British, Lufthansa or any other real company you don't have to land miles away from the city centre. Not to mention cabin comfort and the tackiness o low cost cabins and annoying offers by the poor flight attendants.
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #11
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Well, what can I say....Ryanair was lousy indeed, like Stansted Airport is a lousy Airport.
They werent as cramped as I thought, but still will not become my Airline of choice for sure.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

New York!! First time back in JFK in 14 years!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #13
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
New York!! First time back in JFK in 14 years!
Godspeed! It was a bit of a trauma to me when I was back in JFK, to me the airport with the most interesting traffic in the world, but now that even United is gone it is no longer the glories of the 2000s when you could see Delta, Northwest, Continental, United, amidst European carriers and beautiful, glowing, American planes everywhere... also this was at the height (in my opinion) of beautiful airline liveries and when the world wasn't still into boring twin-engine jets, beside the triple-7. Sorry, for the nostalgia! You will enjoy! If you want to see some United get to Newark though.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #14
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

I normally fly in Newark but I find it a really boring airport for both traffic and terminals. It can be hard to put time in there. Plus 9 out of every 10 planes are United or so it seems
Old 02-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #15
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I normally fly in Newark but I find it a really boring airport for both traffic and terminals. It can be hard to put time in there. Plus 9 out of every 10 planes are United or so it seems
Yes indeed, but I think United is the sort of airline that requires a lot of space! JFK is a bit like that for American (which I used to love with the old livery). I agree JFK has better terminals and an overall a nice airport experience, Newark is very... 1980s New York airport which can be not pleasant, but wait and see La Guardia!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: