Wings-Börse DUS Samstag/Saturday, 17. Mai 2014 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shows and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Enjoy 1:500 !

joshua is getting startedjoshua is getting startedjoshua is getting startedjoshua is getting started
Wings-Börse DUS Samstag/Saturday, 17. Mai 2014

Who's going?
joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Wings-Börse DUS Samstag/Saturday, 17. Mai 2014

Nope. If you're going, do let us know how it was please...
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Enjoy 1:500 !

joshua is getting startedjoshua is getting startedjoshua is getting startedjoshua is getting started

Objective observations: fewer vendors, fewer visitors (until about 12:00 am), so less range of models compared to the MGL Convention Möchengladbach.

Subjective experience: less sociable than the MGL-Convention.
joshua is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

DUS this year went better than I thought. It's been two years since I was at the last one tough, back in the old location. My expectations were pretty low for this one, given the new location. The consensus was that a lot of vendors didn't know what to expect and "packed light". It will take a few years to grow back to the levels it had back before the move.

Like Joshua said, fewer vendors and visitors than I remember it having. The location works, in a passage behind the loc-shop. It doesn't have the glam of that building at the airport.

The space does have some room to expand. I hope it does over the coming years. I think next year more vendors will show up, and with it more attendees. It will take a while to grow back to its former glory, but I have my fingers crossed.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

I was there and it has been like something new if compared to the original boerse. Less vendors but you can not imagine something different because of the space available. Not bad to be in downtown but not so easy to join if don't plan to spend a weekend in DUS (if you arrive from Italy for example).
I found something interesting for my collection, but, in my opinion, the MGL meeting has been better.
I really hope one day the boerse will come back to the airport, the most important thing is to keep alive eventi like these...Happy collecting!!!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for the feedback. I will go to the next fair at MGL in November. I really miss these events, but I miss my friends there even more. It was always a pleasure - I hope we can continue that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: