Shops in Berlin and Hamburg - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
First Officer

Mumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributor
Shops in Berlin and Hamburg

Hi guys,
Are planning for a trip down to Germany in the summer and are looking for good shops in Berlin and Hamburg.
Have found three shops in Berlin:
Turberg: Turberg - Modellbahnen und Modellautos
Aviation Center Berlin: https://www.aviation-center-berlin.de/
Der fliegerladen: Der Fliegerladen

Is there any other good model shops in Berlin? and do anyone know if these three are good? Of course ACB is a good one but the other two?
Then I have heard from another thread that there is, or at least was a shop in the shopping mall KaDeWe. Is this shop still there and is it in that case worth a visit?

Then I know of the Wede shop in Hamburg and then Miniatur Wunderland but don't know if there are any more interesting and good shops here?

Thankful for good and helpful answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby
Re: Shops in Berlin and Hamburg

I've never been to Fliegerladen but ACB and Turberg are sureley worth a visit (KaDeWe isn't really interesting compared to the other two).

I don't know any shops in Hamburg but don't you think the above two are enough?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Old 06-09-2015, 02:30 AM   #3
Puddle Jumper

eti68 is flying under the radar

Hi,
for Hamburg, try this shop.
I've found some very nice models there.
Home

Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #4
RJ Captain

c5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dog

The above is confirmed by an entry from a similar thread last year: http://www.wings900.com/vb/shop-visi...tml#post587122
Christoph

Last edited by c5maier; 06-09-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #5
First Officer

Mumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eti68 View Post
Hi,
for Hamburg, try this shop.
I've found some very nice models there.
Home
How were the prices at this shop?
Old 06-28-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
First Officer

Does anyone know how the prices are at Turberg: Turberg - Modellbahnen und Modellautos
Der fliegerladen: Der Fliegerladen ?
Old 07-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
RJ Second Officer

Pepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting started

Hi,
Will be going to Berlin in August and was thinking of visiting at least one of these shops in Berlin, probably ACB. But since I am a Herpa Wings Club member, Do any of these shops have any sort of discount for these people or is there any other possibility for a discount?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe2008 View Post
Hi,
Will be going to Berlin in August and was thinking of visiting at least one of these shops in Berlin, probably ACB. But since I am a Herpa Wings Club member, Do any of these shops have any sort of discount for these people or is there any other possibility for a discount?
The only place where you get WC discounts is at their museum shop in Nirnberg

Old 07-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

Pepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting startedPepe2008 is getting started

Okay, but do you guys recommend a visit to Turberg or not? I mean do they have another sortiment then let's say ACB got? Or is there maybe more of old releases here?
Old 11-19-2015, 05:11 AM   #10
First Officer

After having visited Berlin and two of the shops there last summer I can say that ACB is of course a must visit when in Berlin but also to visit the "Der Fliegerladen" at Tempelhof. It's a very small shop but prices are really great, and the owner is really nice and helpful.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #11
RJ First Officer

phillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributorphillip-w is an excellent contributor

Turberg is more for 1:87/H0, Railways and Cars. In Berlin you have to visit ACB and "der Fliegerladen". Itīs really interesting to talk with the staff in this shops. When i am visit Berlin (I am German, i went to Berlin one time in a month), i try to take some times to visit the shops. With the man in the ACB-Shop i can talk hours and hours - the only thing, that makes it shorter is my Girlfriend. You can hear anecdotes from the berliner airports and aviation history and have someone, who listened to you, when you cry about the poor quality from herpa
Old 11-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #12
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip-w View Post
Turberg is more for 1:87/H0, Railways and Cars. In Berlin you have to visit ACB and "der Fliegerladen". Itīs really interesting to talk with the staff in this shops. When i am visit Berlin (I am German, i went to Berlin one time in a month), i try to take some times to visit the shops. With the man in the ACB-Shop i can talk hours and hours - the only thing, that makes it shorter is my Girlfriend. You can hear anecdotes from the berliner airports and aviation history and have someone, who listened to you, when you cry about the poor quality from herpa
Even if ACB is an awesome shop but Turberg still has a nice 1/500 selection

Old 05-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #13
First Officer

Hi guys,

Might be a little late but after my Berlin and Hamburg visits last year I found out that WEDE in Hamburg Hansaviertel has closed.

Last edited by Mumrik; 05-23-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #14
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumrik View Post
Hi guys,

Might be a little late but after my Berlin and Hamburg visits last year I found out that WEDE in Hamburg Hansaviertel has closed.
Really ? I was there for christmas and I founded Herpa aircraft in the museum shop. By the way, I will update the list of the shop I started very soon.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #15
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

They havent closed but moved. They are now located in the Maritime Museum in the Hafen City District. The Museum itself is definetely worth a visit, so best is to combine both. But dont expect bargain Prices...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: