Hong Kong sellers - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
RJ Second Officer

stad31 is getting startedstad31 is getting startedstad31 is getting started
re: Hong Kong sellers

For those who have been, do west main toys tend to have more in stock than is shown on their website??
stad31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by stad31 View Post
For those who have been, do west main toys tend to have more in stock than is shown on their website??
Yes. I'd say roughly 10% more at least. They have some real gems buried under all the boxes. Just tell them what you are after and they'll try and search it for you.
CX77W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
RJ Second Officer

stad31 is getting startedstad31 is getting startedstad31 is getting started

Ahh that sounds great! Hopefully they have a Dragonair A330 in their special dragon livery! Fingers crossed.
stad31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #19
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

When I was in HK I found an official Cathay Pacific office in the Peninsula hotel. It is in the new tower part (you enter at the back on the road which is the same as the Kowloon Hotel. I can't remember which floor it was on but initially I asked the concierge desk in the Peninsula and they told me.

They had a wide range of CX and Dragonair models. I bought the Dragonair A330 with the special livery and several CX planes. Service was great.

Toymaxco is also a great store. The owner is always very friendly to me and he has a great selection of planes.
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #20
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
When I was in HK I found an official Cathay Pacific office in the Peninsula hotel. It is in the new tower part (you enter at the back on the road which is the same as the Kowloon Hotel. I can't remember which floor it was on but initially I asked the concierge desk in the Peninsula and they told me.
Just found this list of CXcitement outlets:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/shop/cx...l?locale=en_HK

Can anyone comment on any of these places?
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

Cathay Pacific Ticketing Office, Suite 1808, 18th Floor, Tower 6, The Gateway, Harbour City, 9 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

I think this must be where the old office at the Peninsula moved to.

I've been to this shop before. "Mong Kok
-Shop 302-304,3/F.,Pioneer Centre,750 Nathan Road,Mongkok,Kowloon". It was quite good but small.

The shops at the airport and star ferry are more expensive.

This shop is like a treasure trove! Mong Kok
-Shop 33, 35-36, 11/F., Langham Place, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
Although prices vary.

I've still found Toymaxco to be the best shop. It has a very good selection, reasonable prices and easy to find.
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Captain

virajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributorvirajkamat is an excellent contributor

There is shop right opposite to toymax that's sells Cathay models. Also keep in mind that theses shops only opens in the afternoon and close very early . They also close on Sunday incase u plan to go there on Sunday
virajkamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #23
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Warning: Following the instructions in this thread can seriously affect your budget. Make sure you come with an empty suitcase or reserve a budget for excess luggage

Seriously: Thanks everyone for their tips. I visited Westmain (about to move, see their website), Toymaxco, and Danny Wong's AeroShop (also on the 2nd floor of Pioneer Centre on Nathan Road), on a Sunday afternoon. They're all worth it. The easiest source for CX models seems to be the 80m bus model chain; there's one on 3rd floor of the Pioneer Centre and at last one more by the Kowloon Star Ferry terminal.

Unbenannt von mmue-wings auf Flickr
Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #24
Earning My Wings

pilotaydin is flying under the radar
Wings900 Shops in HONG KONG

Hello all! Can anyone tell me all the best places and shops in HKG to buy models? I have a week long trip and am very excited!
pilotaydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #25
Wings900 Team Member

Re: Shops in HONG KONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotaydin View Post
Hello all! Can anyone tell me all the best places and shops in HKG to buy models? I have a week long trip and am very excited!
Merged with existing thread.

Does anyone have anything to add?
Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #26
Earning My Wings

pilotaydin is flying under the radar
Re: Hong Kong sellers

thanks for your info looks like toymax is good
pilotaydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #27
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated
Re: Shops in HONG KONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
Does anyone have anything to add?
West main toys is no longer located in Pioneer centre. Check their website for the new address. Opens at 1pm on weekdays. The entrance is really shady but it's the real thing.
CX77W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #28
Earning My Wings

Virginia Air is flying under the radar

Hi: I was wondering if you had any issues ordering from westmain? Any shipping issues or broken models. Just checking, thanks
Virginia Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #29
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor

I have ordered from West main before and I will continue in the future. I believe that if inspected prior all diecasts leave the factories intact. Shipping is the huge issue. Think of it this way. A box leaves China, gets transported to say West Main or EZ Toys. They open the box then repack the item to go to you. That particular 1/400 has traveled over 6000' miles.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: