Hamleys Toy Store/Models London - update **Jan 2013** - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
Glider pilot

DreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributor
Re: Hamleys Toy Store/Models London - update **Jan 2013**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
Has anyone been here recently?
I was there in July, and all the had was a broken EK772 for 40GBP and two Philippines A320's for 34GBP.
DreamlinerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricio Leiman View Post
I bought my terminal there, sice ARD couldn“t supply me one
They had the GJ Hangar, Narrowbody Jetways and the metal stands. They also have the Qatar Dreamliner there.
When did you visit? How much did the terminal cost and did it include the ground foil?
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Shamrock Heavies

IrishAirline99 is getting startedIrishAirline99 is getting startedIrishAirline99 is getting startedIrishAirline99 is getting startedIrishAirline99 is getting startedIrishAirline99 is getting started

I was there in March 2012, I bought the EK A380 which was my first model and I was only starting so I did not have a clue of what to spend or what not to spend! I picked it up for 48.00 pounds! Much cheaper online!!!!
IrishAirline99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
Puddle Jumper

Mauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting started

It costed 120 pounds and didn“t come with the ground foil, but I think they sell it separately there too. I went there on the end of july 2013
Mauricio Leiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Puddle Jumper

Mauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting startedMauricio Leiman is getting started

I got my first model there too, BA 744 G-CIVV, when I was 8 years old, I have no idea about the price I paid for it
Mauricio Leiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #21
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Updated stock - Dec 30th 2014

Not too much there. Air France 773, United 763WL, United 739, Qantas A380, Air New Zealand 773 and various Skymarks. All over priced as usual. They still have the GJ's Terminal priced at £210!!

----

Last edited by nathanbennett; 01-01-2015 at 06:24 PM.
nathanbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #22
Earning My Wings

MikeM is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanbennett View Post
I thought I would start this new thread as I know that the question often crops up...."where are the best model shops in London?"

The main places previously mentioned were Aviation Retail Direct located near Heathrow and one other...Hamleys on Regent Street in the heart of the City.

Today, I was in London for a meeting and had a couple of hours to kill so I thought I would investigate Hamleys to see what models they had in stock.

The picture I have posted below...is...well....everything they have there! Not a lot. Mainly only 1/400 and 1/200 scales. (GJ BA A380, GJ AA 773, GJ Qantas B744, GJ EK A380, GJ EK 772, GJ VIRGIN A333, GJ BA 744, GJ PHIL A320, GJ PANAM 727, SKYMARKS ELAL 744, SKYMARKS VS 744, SKYMARKS BA A380, SKYMARKS SINGAPORE 744, SKYMARKS CANADIAN AF A330 etc)

The prices are WAY too much though. £44 for a Gemini Jets 1/400 Emirates 777-200LR!!!! I'll stick to the Internet thanks! Way cheaper! In a glass cabinet they had a BA A320 in 1/100 scale with wooden stand. Possibly Pacmin at a guess. This was being sold for £100!

This store must be making a massive profit on these items - if they actually do sell any!

I hope this is a help for any collectors visiting London in the near future

it seems to be the best place for models collectors, wow!)))))
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #23
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

I remember about this time last year my mam flew down to london and found a Lufthansa 744 and spent £44! Its a lovely model but no way would I pay more than £35! The only reason they charge so much is because they can, they dont rely on profits from their minimal stock of models so they can charge anything they want!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:18 AM   #24
Glider pilot

DreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributor

Sorry for digging this thread up. Anyways, i'm heading to London in a few days, are there any other shops selling models than Hamleys and ARD?
DreamlinerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: