Please, nominate your best online store(s) and why? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog
Please, nominate your best online store(s) and why?

1. Promotex.ca out of Canada

Promotex :: Online Catalogue :: 1:500 Scale - Herpa WingsPrice List

Bruce at Promotex is amazing, 99% of the time he answers his phone and when you leave a message within an hour or so he returns your call. He replies to e-mails at amazing speed sometimes you think the guy never sleeps. They have a huge selection of Herpa models,i just wish He carried more brands other than Herpa in 1:500

He makes you feel like you're the most important customer and that's even on my very first 2 model order. Very pleasant to talk to, not just about your order.
Also after you placed your order if there's a problem with the order, he lets you know right away instead of leaving you hanging and usually ships the next day after you placed your order.

2. Aircraft model store , I learned about those guys here on Wings900.

All Models - Items - Aircraft Model Store

Huge selection,not just Herpa models, user friendly website. So no need to contact them.
They're all business in a "matter of fact" type way,they send you your confirmation,tracking numbers within a day or two.

3. Ro-Bud, based out of Poland,

Sklep Modelarski Ro-Bud | Akcesoria modelarskie

Mainly because they got me a rare model, i also talked to the owner's Mom on the phone and both were a delight. And their prices were pretty reasonable.

This thread is basically to let your favorite shop know that you appreciate what they do.

Disclaimer: I've only dealt with about 5 stores, this is a list of stores i m comfortable recommending to other members and noobs like me.
I'm sure there are other stores that i havent dealt with that are just as good.

Looking forward to your input on your top online stores.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Please, nominate your best online store(s) and why?

I'd say

AviationMegastore.com

They've a great feauture; Reservating your products! Just order and pay online, And pick it up when you want

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Last edited by DutchCollector; 12-04-2012 at 04:59 PM.
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

I've only dealt with three so far, EZ Toys, Aviation Delight and Aircraft Model Store. And even though both Aviation Delight and AMS are good, with helpful staff my nomination would go to AMS.

Why? Ben takes every order seriously and personal. He goes out of his way to make his customers happy. His prices are affordable. And his range, even though it is fairly limited at the moment, is great. Thanks to him i've been able to purchase models i would otherwise have missed out on completely.

Granted, i've only purchased from Aviation Delight once, but since that purchase they don't have anything interesting anymore.

As for EZ Toys... Overpriced. They charged me over $50 for shipping for one model!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I agree with Oskar, Ben, Thanks for the shipping with the Air China 772, Virgin A346 and Air Canada A340-500!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

I only buy on eBay and Waffle Collectibles....
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
RJ Captain

Airbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributorAirbus man is a good contributor

Well for me would be the following:

1.acrunia.nl.netherlands excellent everything.Marvellous
2.westmaintoys.great models great service
3.scalemodel store in Germany I think??. Hard to get models.

All of the ones I have listed are mainly the only ones I use regularly.
Airbus man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Over the years, I've dealt with a couple of sellers here and there.

For Gemini Jets, I usually buy out of a small shop outside of the Chicago City Limits known as Past time hobbies ( site : Past-Time Hobbies - Corgi, Code 3 Die Cast Vehicles Military Collectibles, Greenlight, Skymark, Gemini Jets, Johnny Lightning,FIRE VEHICLES.CONSTRUCTION,BRITAINS,PASTIME HOBBIES,TWH FIRE/CONSTRUCTION ) .

Other sites I have gotten great service, good prices and would recommend.
- airlinemuseum.com
- diecastairplane.com
- justplanefun.com
- eztoyz.com

I've also dealt with dealing with Dragon (or so I think it was) via their newegg marketplace account, and also give them good marks too.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #8
Captain

Pieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dogPieter666 is a top dog

Arcunia.com
micro-wings.com
Pieter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Aviation Center Berlin: i'm client since year 2000 and i have 20% of discount for each model. The service is very good, they answer to my mails and to phone calls, they are kind, the shipping cost to Europe is not so expensive (15 euro with DHL).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
Earning My Wings

peter chin is flying under the radar

Waffle Collectibles for the prices and Collection sales.

WaffleCollectibles.com

Peter Chin
peter chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Aviation Center Berlin: i'm client since year 2000 and i have 20% of discount for each model. The service is very good, they answer to my mails and to phone calls, they are kind, the shipping cost to Europe is not so expensive (15 euro with DHL).
I get my models from Canada and it's about $10 for shipping so i try to get 2 or 3 models at once to save on shipping cost.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #12
Captain

FedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast icon

Jetway Models - Gemini Jets, Inflight200, Phoenix, Dragon Wings, Herpa Wings, Jet-X

Nick has some of the best customer service I've seen. Been a customer for probably 10 years now

Jason
FedEx777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

I usually buy at: Kircher-modellshop.de - Index even if I buy new planes from Markus in DUS at the Boerse!
Other good sellers are Scale Model Store.com :: Herpa Wings, GeminiJets, Dragon Wings, Hogan, Jet-X and Hobby Master airplane models in the Netherlands and All Models - Items - Aircraft Model Store who often makes special promotions for W900 members.
But I think the best place to buy rare models is here on W900.
Happy collecting!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
Second Officer

Dutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributorDutch Dave is a good contributor

Same for me I buy from Kircher-modellshop.de - and also by from Markus at Dusseldorf. He also works for DHL!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #15
Puddle Jumper

Skylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributorSkylink is a good contributor

My recommendation for new models is
New e-shop Modelyletadel.cz! | Modelyletadel.cz
The shop-owner, Roman is a very nice person. He got me some very rare models and he has low shipping rates. You can choose between czech and english language as well as as three different currecies (CZK, USD, EUR), many payment metods ....

For used models and rarities it is always worth to check out:
Modell500 - Startseite
Welcome to the Homepage from Joerg Klimke

Of course never forget
Kai-Werner.com Startseite
| Herpa Modelle
as well as
world of wings (Flugzeugstore Passau)
DS-Automodelle
Modelutions Dormagen
Skylink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread