Very nice online shop. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Climbing with Delta

Delta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributor
Very nice online shop.

So this online shop is excellent! It has some discontinued planes that can be considered "rare". Problem is, it's mostly American Airlines (No, not AA, just airlines based in America!) Specifically United. But they do sell the UAL 787 Dreamliner at a better price than you'll probably find it, same with the Delta 744.

Shop link:
www.highcountryhobbies.com

"Proud to be Atlantas hometown airline for more than 70 years."
Check out my collection!https://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-27556.html
Delta_fan_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Very nice online shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_fan_29 View Post
So this online shop is excellent! It has some discontinued planes that can be considered "rare". Problem is, it's mostly American Airlines (No, not AA, just airlines based in America!) Specifically United. But they do sell the UAL 787 Dreamliner at a better price than you'll probably find it, same with the Delta 744.

Shop link:
www.highcountryhobbies.com
Well, on the reasoning on why most of the releases are American based, that there is easily explainable. Gemini Jets appears to be the only brand he carries and has in stock, and a majority of their stuff just happens to be US based items.

The UAL Dreamliner and DAL 744 can likely be found easily and cheaply, as those releases are frequently re-released by GJ (contracts with the airlines to make them). My source in Chicago does have the DAL 744 at a better price than what they offer (by 3 bucks, they also have very cheap shipping). I don't think a lot of what he carries can be considered that rare, a lot of these appear to be rather recent releases from the last year or two. I suppose it isn't a bad place to look at if you missed out on some recent stuff (like my source up in Chi-town, he knows his market, and it being Chicago, it is UAL and AA stuff that is big there, so he'll charge higher for those since the demand is higher (recent AA Mad Dog for example is going for 45 bucks there!))

You may wanna check out different places too!
My favorite places through the years:
www.pthinc.com
www.airlinemuseum.com
www.diecastairplane.com
www.justplanefun.com
www.eztoyz.com

There are also very great retailers around too aside from the ones I have mentioned!
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Climbing with Delta

Delta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Well, on the reasoning on why most of the releases are American based, that there is easily explainable. Gemini Jets appears to be the only brand he carries and has in stock, and a majority of their stuff just happens to be US based items.

The UAL Dreamliner and DAL 744 can likely be found easily and cheaply, as those releases are frequently re-released by GJ (contracts with the airlines to make them). My source in Chicago does have the DAL 744 at a better price than what they offer (by 3 bucks, they also have very cheap shipping). I don't think a lot of what he carries can be considered that rare, a lot of these appear to be rather recent releases from the last year or two. I suppose it isn't a bad place to look at if you missed out on some recent stuff (like my source up in Chi-town, he knows his market, and it being Chicago, it is UAL and AA stuff that is big there, so he'll charge higher for those since the demand is higher (recent AA Mad Dog for example is going for 45 bucks there!))

You may wanna check out different places too!
My favorite places through the years:
Past-Time Hobbies - Corgi, Code 3 Die Cast Vehicles Military Collectibles, Greenlight, Skymark, Gemini Jets, Johnny Lightning,FIRE VEHICLES.CONSTRUCTION,BRITAINS,PASTIME HOBBIES,TWH FIRE/CONSTRUCTION
AirlineMuseum.com
Diecast Airplanes: Diecast Airplane and Aircraft Models. Your collectible aviation source for Corgi, GeminiJets, Model Power, Dragon Wings, Century Wings, Realtoy, Motormax, Hogan Wings, Skymarks, Herpa, Jet X, InAir, and Franklin Mint Armour
Just Plane Fun Corporation
ezToys - Diecast Models and Collectibles - Thousands of Diecast Commercial Airliners & Military Aircraft Models

There are also very great retailers around too aside from the ones I have mentioned!
Does your chicago supplier have a Website, I may buy a couple models from him if I need them or if I see anything that fancies my needs.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_fan_29 View Post
Does your chicago supplier have a Website, I may buy a couple models from him if I need them or if I see anything that fancies my needs.
Yeah, it is the first one (Past Time Hobby). He has a quite a few older releases too. Some of his prices are really good, while others (especially AAL and UAL, and a couple "holy Grails") can be a little higher priced.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
CRJ First Officer

DeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobbyDeltaFan is a legend of the hobby

For the Delta 747, see Delta Airlines, the official store for Delta merchandise. The Delta 747 is $17.95 + $8 ship = $26. Good price! Also many other items for a Delta fan like you and me! If you look at my airport thread you will see some of the merchandise I picked up recently. See here https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...irport-16.html

Hope this helps,
DeltaFan

My Passenger Travel FlightDiary: http://flightdiary.net/DeltaFanDC9
DeltaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
Climbing with Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFan View Post
For the Delta 747, see Delta Airlines, the official store for Delta merchandise. The Delta 747 is $17.95 + $8 ship = $26. Good price! Also many other items for a Delta fan like you and me! If you look at my airport thread you will see some of the merchandise I picked up recently. See here https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...irport-16.html

Hope this helps,
DeltaFan
I just saw the 744 on the shop! I could've even gotten my 777 for cheaper. But too late now I guess. I may get the 744 and a keep climbing lanyard. Dunno yet.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
RJ First Officer

MaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciatedMaxDelta is appreciated

I ordered Delta 739 and A320 from High Country Hobbies and they came the other day in good condition. I can't find the planes anywhere else, and High Country Hobbies has other rare planes, so I might buy from them again.
www.flynci.weebly.com
MaxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: