Aviationmegastore - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Aviationmegastore

Hey fellow collectors!

I can recommend to you: The Aviationmegastore. You might know the store, but it's really huge! They have Model Kits, Diecast models, Display models, Flight Simulator extra's, Books, Posters.. More than you can think. And they sell products for a good price. They've lot of Diecast models. It's really huge there. I recommend If you've landed at AMS, Just take those 5 minutes in a cab, and drive by. They're worth to visit =)

Regards!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
BM - The Diamond Service

rosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dogrosshallam is a top dog
Re: Aviationmegastore

I'm visiting Schiphol Airport for a day quite soon, and I was considering a visit to the Aviation Megastore. Do they stock a lot of 1:400's? From the pictures I've seen of it, it looks HUGE!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Winglets are hot!

Hunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobby

It is huge! You won't be disappointed.
I've bought also some models here. It's nice to have such a great shop nearby!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
1/400 Collector

Chris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobbyChris787 is a legend of the hobby

I was going to visit but I did not have an address and the hotel receptionist did not know where it was .

Does anyone know if the one in the airport itself is still there, I think it was called Planes plaza
Old 03-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Winglets are hot!

Hunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobbyHunter is a legend of the hobby

Yes it is. They sell more snapfit models and KLM models.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

And if you visit them you don't have to pay the hugely overpriced shipping cost...

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

They've 1:400, 1:200, 1:500.. Most 1:500, But also lots of 1:400. The one on the Airport is actually more snapfit yes.. Less herpa.. Just go to Molenweg 249 Aalsmeerderbrug. It truly isn't far away from schiphol.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
First Officer

AMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast icon

As I work only 300m away from the shop, I am a regular customer of Aviation Megastore.

As mentioned by Dutchcollector, the store is huge and they almost sell everything for aviation hobby. Their diecast section is one to die for with so much scales and planes to choose from that you get greedy . Personel is also very skilled and helpful so I can definitely recommend them.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
First Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor

I always have problems wich modell I want to have, because there is so much choice and I want it all..
Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
I always have problems wich modell I want to have, because there is so much choice and I want it all..
You're lucky you're not going with me there.. I can never decide.. So hard..

Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS2006 View Post
As I work only 300m away from the shop, I am a regular customer of Aviation Megastore.

As mentioned by Dutchcollector, the store is huge and they almost sell everything for aviation hobby. Their diecast section is one to die for with so much scales and planes to choose from that you get greedy . Personel is also very skilled and helpful so I can definitely recommend them.
I've never seen you there

Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
First Officer

AMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast iconAMS2006 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I've never seen you there
I am usually only in for a few minutes (mostly before closing time) picking up the models I order through the Internet or walking immediately to the models as I always know what to buy
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Admin

Ah, I always go to the diecast section on the left and wait 30 minutes before I know what to buy

Old 03-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby

I will spent a planespotting weekend in AMS this May; I´m thinking about going there. I´ve ordered there several times in the past and I was always impressed. And their store seems really huge !
Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
ATC Ground Controller

Timothy24 is getting startedTimothy24 is getting startedTimothy24 is getting startedTimothy24 is getting startedTimothy24 is getting started

You won't be dissapointed. They have just about everything.

And its 10mins from my home
Timothy24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: