Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   Shop Visits (https://www.wings900.com/vb/shop-visits/)
-   -   Any Stores in Frankfurt? (https://www.wings900.com/vb/shop-visits/28966-any-stores-frankfurt.html)

arturorangel 03-08-2007 03:54 AM

Any Stores in Frankfurt?

Hi there!

anyone has any idea where can i get a nice store with herpa in frankfurt?

im going for a couple of days and would like to get something.

tks in advance guys

Mike2103 03-08-2007 07:12 AM

Re: any stores in frankfurt?

Hi,
I just know Kircher-Modellshop near Frankfurt in Heusenstamm. But you need a car or the train to visite his shop. for more information look here:

Kircher-modellshop

Direct inside the city I don´t know a shop with Herpa Wings.
Greetings
Mike

CO777 03-08-2007 09:01 AM

There is a big store at the airport in Terminal 1 (arrival)
but I don´t know the name, sorry.

lollomz 03-08-2007 09:43 AM

Kircher-modellshop is the best but there is also a hobby shop (with Herpa planes) in downtown, at the end of the pedestrian area. Have a great time in FRA!

Lollo

P.S. If I could suggest you where to sleep in Frankfurt I'd tell you Villa Orange, it's very nice!

ImpPalpatine 03-08-2007 10:29 AM

There was a shop in the city (near Römer), but it hasn't got herpa wings anymore. I guess Kircher is the only adress left near Frankfurt, the "Fluggi"-Shop in Terminal 1 is closed as long as the visitor's terrace is closed as well. There was a book and newspaper store that had very few herpa wings, but I'm not sure, if it is there anymore.

Faucett Peru 03-08-2007 01:38 PM

On Herpa´s homepage you can find a retailer database & eXtra Shop database:

Check this link:
HERPA Miniaturmodelle GmbH - Online - RETAILER LIST

and this link to Herpas extra retailer in Heusenstamm (including a link how to find it).
If you intend to go there, please check his homepage: Kircher-modellshop
Normally its opened only on Thursday and Friday afternoon and on saturday. You can find the actual opening hours on the homepage.

http://www.herpa.de/shop/extra_cms/(0hrtru45lumfy3553ksxm3a5)/Retailer.aspx?Culture=en&Retailer=3ebc81a7-148b-45d1-a539-f7909abca13d〈=en-GB

In the arrival hall of Terminal 1 hall B there is a shop selling herpa models.
Check this link: Frankfurt Airport City - Relay Aviation

There should be a Lufthansa World Store shop at the airport too, but I don´t know, where its located, but most probably in Terminal 1, section A. They should have the Lufthansa World Shop models.
Just found information:
http://www.worldshop.eu/img/Wegbesch...RA_Airport.gif

Hope that helps a bit.

Mike2103 03-09-2007 04:05 AM

Hi,
forget the following shops from the Herpa list:

<TABLE id=Table1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100&#37;" bgColor=#cfcfcf border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Conrad Electronics S E Filiale Frankfurt </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>D </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>60318 </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Frankfurt </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Zeil 58-64 </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row noWrap>069/92031944
Fax: 069/9203191</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=Table1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#cfcfcf border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Spielzeugkiste Erich H&#228;fner & Sawinski Nachf. N.Sawinski e.K. </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>D </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>60311 </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Frankfurt </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row>Kurt-Schumacher-Str. 31 </TD><TD class=hhaendler_normal_row noWrap>069/284682
Fax: 069/289320</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In both shops I don&#180;t find wings models for any time. The other shops I don&#180;t know.

Otavio Santos 03-09-2007 08:46 AM

I visited the airport store last year and I can say to you that worth the visit. Gret selection of books and Herpa models. You&#180;re gonna stay there for a couple of hours for sure.

Ferihegy 03-09-2007 09:13 AM

The Airport Shop is really good! They've got all scales and accesoires!

The Shop in Heusenstamm (Kirchner) is also good!

B727 03-13-2007 05:48 PM

Shops in Frankfurt??? Difficult but not impossible.

From a big (aviation) city like Frankfurt you'd expect more, but it seems the internet killed most of the local dealers. In the last 2 years several good places have vanished forever.

What you can try is the following:

Airport, Terminal 1, Arrival Level, Section B - an aviation related book store with videos, magazines and models. Most of the times they laos carry something a bit "special".

Airport, Terminal 1, Departure Level, Section A - the Lufthansa Worldshop, which usually carries most of the LH special releases, like the Soccer-Nose-Planes for the World Cup 2006. They also have often something on sale, like the Soccer Nose A340 for 12,- Euro or the latest "open-nose" B747-200F for 15,- Euro.

City, Kurt-Schumacher-Str., near "Konstablerwache" (major place in downtown Frankfurt). Mostly a train store, but some Herpa Wings in the (smaller) back room. Nothing special.

Outside the City, Heusenstamm (suburb), Frankfurter Str. - Kircher Modellshop. The place to go in the Rhein Main area for wings. Has all major brands for 1/500 collectors and always carries something special at reasonable prices. You can get there for example from "Konstablerwache" by taking suburbian train "S2" in direction of "Dietzenbach" to "Heusenstamm". Exit the train and walk into the direction of the train until you can cross the tracks to the left. Walking straight now you already are in the "Frankfurter Strasse". The shops is halfway down the road on the left side in the back. Once you walk past a bakery shop called Bauder, it's the next entry. Triptime by train and walking about 20 Minutes. But careful, the shop only opens Thursday and Friday afternoon and Saturdays. Better check the actual times on the webiste before going on the trip. Kircher-modellshop

Swisshansa10 09-16-2008 06:03 AM

The Relay shop in arrival hall A T1 does not stock planes any more

westbest20 12-26-2010 09:39 AM

hello please someone tell me that ,is there any shops left in Frankfurt main terminal 1.

mmu69 12-26-2010 12:01 PM

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/content/frankfurt_airport/en/shop_enjoy0/shops/books_press/k_bookstore.html

There are also two LH Worldshop outlets, but they are overpriced (except exclusives and special offers).

Note all of this is landside.

Edit: If you have a bit more time, try Kircher Modellshop (45 min by bus). www.kircher-modellshop.de. Markus (the owner) has a day job which often takes him to the airport, so if you know what you want, you might be able to arrange a meeting with him at the airport through e-mail. He's a very friendly guy.

Piet81 12-25-2012 11:25 AM

Shops in Frankfurt / Main Germany

Hello,

I will visit Frankfurt Airport next week, so I'd like to ask you about good shops at Frankfurt Airport oder Frankfurt City.

Is there anything worth to know?

I 'll be happy for some advice from you guys.

Kind regards

Christian

AVIator85 12-25-2012 12:51 PM

Re: Shops in Frankfurt / Main Germany

When I go to Frankfurt I always visit the shop in the Karlstraße 12 which is almost just across the street from the mainstation. He always has the newest models and a few on sale. So I think its worth.

Here is the link: Herpa Händlerhomepage

Have fun shopping and show us your results.