Visiting Shenzhen...buy direct? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Shop Visits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

christian2525 is flying under the radar
Question Visiting Shenzhen...buy direct?

Has anybody been to Shenzhen City and had any luck finding 500 scale diecast models that could be bought direct from the manufacturers or from local shops or vendors in that city? Ones that are of Herpa, Inflight500, etc. quality but at lower costs than what we can buy in the states? I wouldn't care if they were knock offs as long as they were of similar quality. A co-worker of mine will be headed there tomorrow and I was going to ask him to look around for them but he wont be there very long so I was hoping someone might know a place to go and would be willing to share.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

-Thanks!!
christian2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2016, 02:27 AM   #2
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby
Re: Visiting Shenzhen...buy direct?

Hi! Forget visiting or buying directly from the factory

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

christian2525 is flying under the radar

Thank you for replying but may I ask why you say that? I figured I would not be able to buy directly from the Herpa or brand name manufacturers but didn't think it would be unrealistic to expect the same type of models at comparable quality from non-branded manufacturers. It is China, they sell knock offs of everything haha.
christian2525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar

Now most of those sample models or rejected copies are sold through online (Taobao to be exact), so I wonder if there's any place in Shenzhen you may easily get them...there are quite some sellers from Shenzhen but I wonder if they have a physical store at all.
You may try the toy wholesaler market in Guangzhou though, I heard that there were some shops selling Herpa at quite a low price but I'm not sure if they still sell them now.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Moved on the right section. Happy collecting!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: