Water slide decal issue - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby
Water slide decal issue

Hi, I have a problem. I brush painted on a gloss coat and after putting the decals on I hand painted a flat coat, but it still looks glossy! Any way to fix this?

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
VC-10 Fan

Harry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast icon
Re: Water slide decal issue

Problem is, not to my knowledge there is a way to fix it. Try asking on the Airfix Tribute Forum?
Harry_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #3
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Well it is probably too late, I ruined a potentially beautiful model out of greed of wanting nice looking decals and using rip off scam "flat clear coat" paint

Old 03-06-2015, 12:39 AM   #4
Take Me Back

THATS IT IM DONE WITH PLASTIC MODELS. The paint is shiny, the brush strokes show, and now a peice breaks off. I hope testors goes bankrupt for scamming me

Old 03-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
VC-10 Fan

Harry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
THATS IT IM DONE WITH PLASTIC MODELS. The paint is shiny, the brush strokes show, and now a peice breaks off. I hope testors goes bankrupt for scamming me
Dude, give delicate pieces an hour to dry before you try to handle them. Also are you using gloss or matt? finally, what is wrong with testors? could you supply some pics?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #6
Take Me Back

I am sorry, I was just really depressed. Sure thing! I got a finished Spit to show too!

Old 03-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #7
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I am sorry, I was just really depressed. Sure thing! I got a finished Spit to show too!
You could try www.britmodeller.com and see if you could pick up a few tips...I tried but i couldn't find any sites about patience...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 03-08-2015 at 08:36 AM.
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
Take Me Back

Excuse me? I have spent a WEEK working on this beautiful model and to have it destroyed is a shock to me. And now your talking to me about patience??? Do you WANT me to be mad???

Old 03-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #9
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Excuse me? I have spent a WEEK working on this beautiful model and to have it destroyed is a shock to me. And now your talking to me about patience??? Do you WANT me to be mad???
My point was how many kits have you made,if it's not many you can't expect to get it perfect until you get the experience..

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #10
VC-10 Fan

Exactly, you should see my early kits. -vomit-

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: