Mav's Big Mig Build - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
RJ Captain

Maverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributor
Mav's Big Mig Build

Hey folks!
After reading through "Dazzled's Big Mig Build" on another forum I have been inspired to start my furst Mig builds.
I have spoken to Darryl and he is in support of me starting my own big mig build thread.
I would like to start from the beginning with my Mig-19 as its the earliest Mig in my stash until I get a 15 in a few momths.
My plan is to build olderMig's first and run up to later Migs but plans rarely go to plan so only time will tell.
So the -19 in question is the 1/72 KP Models Mig-19 that I picked up at Huddersfield on the 15th of feb and I plan on painting her into the Silver Russian Air Force markings applied in the Cold War with red "19" titles.

So far I have bathed the whole kit in a soap and water bath.
The fuselage halfs have been removed from the sprew and the surface detail detail has been sanded smooth.

My plan is to re-scribe some basic -19 panel lines as I think in my case this will be the best result.

Here is an overview pic of the kit:

And here is a pic of the prepared fuselage halves:

C&c welcome as always.
Maverick231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: