How to paint camoflauge - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 02:00 AM   #1
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby
How to paint camoflauge

Hey guys, I just got my first war bird model, a spitfire MK 1a, but I do not know how to paint the camo on. I started just with the base green, but I do not know how to put the rest on. Any tips?

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
ATP Captain

Conventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobbyConventi is a legend of the hobby
Re: How to paint camoflauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
Hey guys, I just got my first war bird model, a spitfire MK 1a, but I do not know how to paint the camo on. I started just with the base green, but I do not know how to put the rest on. Any tips?
You can paint the other camo paint with Hand, or mask the areas that have to stay green, an airbrush the rest.
The problem could be the border areas between the two paints. On some camos (the Germans for example) there is a clear seperation of the Colors, but the British ones have more of a "soft" transition between the colors. Difficult to achieve if you paint it by hand, easier with airbrush.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: