Dragon Wings 1:400 Airliner Kit - Air China A321 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
Aviator/Collector

airplaneaholic is flying under the radar
Wings900 Dragon Wings 1:400 Airliner Kit - Air China A321

Hello friends! This is my first time to build out of the box the right way (and not just twisting the parts out of the sprues). I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm still a beginner in the plastic kit hobby, so please be gentle with me

I bought this model from the hobby store last November, and I just started building this kit today. It's interesting to see a 1:400 kit since it's very unlikely to see kits in this scale. I also have another double airliner kit but featuring the A330-200, also of Air China and manufactured by Dragon.

Here are some snapshots from my initial assembly process.

The box

The parts. Assembly is straightforward.

Putting modelling clay inside the forward section of the fuselage, hoping it wouldn't sit on its tail

Test-fitting the main fuselage parts.

I have started assembling together the fuselage pieces. I have begun sanding off the excess plastic from the sprues, but it made the surface of the fuselage rough. I used 2500 grit sandpaper, which is the finest one I could find in the local hardware stores. I hope I would be able to make the fuselage smooth enough. Suggestions and criticisms are welcome

Last edited by airplaneaholic; 01-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
airplaneaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Dragon Wings 1:400 Airliner Kit - Air China A321

I like how they use the same cardboard as the Armour series for the small parts.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
RJ First Officer

SgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting started

Thats cool, looking forward to the completion of the project.
SgtMoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
First Officer

alexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dog

1:400; that's cool!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

I-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobbyI-ALEX is a legend of the hobby

Nice one... I'm really curious about this kit.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #6
RJ Second Officer

rugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributorrugeley123 is a good contributor

That looks a really nice kit, there should be more!
I'm thinking whether it would be worth buying these to do some of my own Liveries for things such as the New American A321 and that, not like you cannot get them but just for my own enjoyment and also I'd like to do some extra things with the kits. Can I ask though what the landing gear is like, and how the livery looks on the model (the Air China Livery - just so I can get an idea).

Best Wishes
Jan
rugeley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Earning My Wings

DennisGR is flying under the radar

Can you show pictures of the finished model please?
I got the A330 from them (Dragon models) but it is too difficult for me!!
DennisGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:28 AM   #8
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

I would very much be interested in 1/400 kits!

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1/400, 1:400, a321, air china, dragon wings

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: