Hands up all those that started with Airfix? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-18-2008, 04:49 AM   #16
RJ Captain

RealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radarRealGliderPilot is flying under the radar
Re: Hands up all those that started with Airfix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulm7010 View Post
Now have about 500 1/144kits - of which about 300 are still boxed and unbuilt , waiting for the day when I have "time" to build again....Paul
Good luck!
RealGliderPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
Second Officer

Bill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
they made SQ A300s!? i would've bought that had i known. the A300 is the only type missing from my 1:200 planes.

my very first airplane model was the hasegawa SQ 777 in jubilee colors. i ended up with a total of 19 different hasegawas before i switched to 1:500 diecasts.
Yes, way back in the mid-1980's. It is a very rare kit to find, and I am still searching for one in the box and sealed up to compliment my collection.
Bill-ay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #18
Second Officer

Bill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributorBill-ay is a good contributor

hikouki, heres one on e-bay to show you what it looks like: Hasegawa 1/200 Singapore Airbus A300-B4 Model Airliner - eBay (item 120261051996 end time May-18-08 15:34:47 PDT)
Bill-ay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
RJ Captain

coilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting startedcoilsw6 is getting started

True here as well. Started of at about seven years when my Dad helped me build a great RAF Buccaneer. He built, then fixed up my stuff ups. Turned out great, with his patience and after locking me in the cupboard for a while... I to found a love for the smell of the glue, graduating to the love of petrol when ever we filled up the family car.
The model lasted for many years but sadly met with a mid air collision due to a misplaced penalty kick in the bedroom. Even after all these years one still remembers.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
The skys the limit!

mediamongrel is flying under the radar

My first kit was an Airfix. A BA 747. Bought it on a schools trip to Heathrow. (must be a right of passage as most people I know seem to have had the same experience!)
I;d have been about 7.I was so proud of it, though with the best part of 38 years hindsight, my modeling abilities back then were woeful.
Thing is... at the age of 44, theres something really magical about opening a kit and seeing all the sections laid out on their Sprues, a decal sheet all bright and shiney, uncreased instructions, all sitting there in a clear bag in the box, just crying out to be built.
I love model kits! The bigger the better!
MM
x
mediamongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
VC-10 Fan

Harry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast icon

I think I started with a dam busters Lancaster Bomber and grew from there to my current 50+ models. Now I have discovered die cast planes its really hard to do both...
Harry_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #22
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

Well I would normaly say yes. But I found out that a Monogram kit was my number one model...
But I really want to get back into modeling soon. But it is kind of hard to find time with small kids...

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #23
RJ Captain

Maverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributor

Well I am lucky enough to have an awesome Dad who is obsessed with anything Aviation.
Which explains why I am now obsessed with Aviation.
It started for me when we went to my first Airshow which was Air Fete/RAF Mildenhall back in the mid 90's.
Ever since then we have gone to hundreds of airshows together.
Even now im 23, work full time and dont get much time off we still managed to get to have 10 Airshow days to relax enjoy our joint hobby this year.
My first kit was the Airfix Spitfire out of the BBMF set which my Late Nan bought me.
I still have this on my shelf as My Nan bought her for me and to be honest I dont think I did a bad job on it .
Maverick231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: