Limited edition models - all scales (DONE) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-24-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

gmcextreme is flying under the radar
Limited edition models - all scales (DONE)

Hello everyone...i have one question and i really really hope someone can actually help on this because it's just annoying...

How limited are limited edition models ? Did they really just make the number they say or they just bring out a limited edition model and then depending on the success they actually come up with more.

Example:

Herpa 513432 - America West B757-200

It clearly says limited but i checked the database and it actually says unlimited...

And another thing-
I just got my InFilght200 Boeing 737 from TAROM which apparently is limited to only 240 pieces with mine being number 200. Is this really true because it is a bit weird to see this model quite widely available for sale and i know lots of people who already have it.

Got another model today which is InFlight500 IF5744013 - Northwest B747-400...again it says limited but i have no clue as to how many were produced.

Any information would help and i'm asking about all scales and all models produced by Herpa, InFlight, Gemini and so on...

Thanks
gmcextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog
re: Limited edition models - all scales (DONE)

Herpa boxes sometimes spot the number of pcs. made, but sometimes not. But I would gess 1.000 - 5.000? Don't know...
Old 04-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Puddle Jumper

Liamphillips is flying under the radar

Limited edition with no number is more than likely 5000 or under and if the one says 240 then there is only 240 and if you can get them quite cheap its worth getting them as the more sold means less likely to pop back up for sale again
Liamphillips is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

With Herpa (and Dragon Wings 1:400) limited edition refers to models of no more then 1000. Tho with Dragon it can also refer to models of 750 units. The use of Unlimited for models refers to when a model is still in production and usually refers to more then 5,000 made (a typical Herpa run of models is 10,000+) or when a model has a continous production run (started in 2005, still making the same model today).

Limited production refers to less then 1000, tho many 1:400 model makers limit their numbers to between 100-600 per batch run.

Limited Edition is typically a run of 100 models or less, any thing down to 5 models produced.

In the case of the Herpa model mentioned above, I have changed the Unlimited to 1000 and added your photo. With Herpa they don't mention when models are released the run of models till they are released to the shops. So if you have any more Herpa models that are limited but not so mentioned on the site, please mention that in a thread and I will update the database.

With Inflight models, when they state 240 models, then that is the total run of models. When just released, several retailers will vie for your business and you should see it around several locations being advertised, however if you go looking for the model in a year or so, you'll be hard pressed to find it. That's because the serious collectors have squirrelled them away in their collections... I know that's what I do lol...

Cheers Lou
Old 04-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

As for specific makers production runs...

Herpa 10,000+

Phoenix 500-600

Gemini Jets 1,500

Aeroclassics 240

Apollo 200

JC Wings 250

Witty 250

Dragon Wings 5,000+ (Company now no longer making 1:400 scale planes)

Inflight 1:200 50-380 (Limited usually refers to around 200-300)
Old 04-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Sometimes, it is written on the box.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
Wings900 Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
Sometimes, it is written on the box.
G'day,

I hope you don't mind but I captured your 2 photos and incorporated them into the database. Thankyou so much... And if you have other models with similar 'Limited Release' I'd love to put them into the database as well.

You can post them here or if you have a lot send them to me at
[email protected]

What I meant to say above is when a new model by many of the major players is released, there often is no mention in the press release if they're limited release or whatever... It's not until the model is released for sale that it's possible to find out.

However modellers demand that New Model Releases be as quickly as possible be listed in the database, which is often why it states Limited Release, then any absolute number. For Herpa, who often release a model and the produce it for several years, "Unlimited" is used as until production is stopped, no-one really knows how many were made...

Cheers Lou
Old 04-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,

I hope you don't mind but I captured your 2 photos and incorporated them into the database. Thankyou so much... And if you have other models with similar 'Limited Release' I'd love to put them into the database as well.

You can post them here or if you have a lot send them to me at
[email protected]

What I meant to say above is when a new model by many of the major players is released, there often is no mention in the press release if they're limited release or whatever... It's not until the model is released for sale that it's possible to find out.

However modellers demand that New Model Releases be as quickly as possible be listed in the database, which is often why it states Limited Release, then any absolute number. For Herpa, who often release a model and the produce it for several years, "Unlimited" is used as until production is stopped, no-one really knows how many were made...

Cheers Lou
Hi,
No problem, I will look at it. Also, I have seen that Garuda Indonesia 77W (Air Austral Hybrid) has no model photo in the DB.

You can find one in this thread aswell as for some other models:
http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-sca...ollection.html
Old 05-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Only I didn't say Fudge..

United930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast icon

Speaking of limited releases...I was cruising through the database and found an Aero500 American 777-300ER in 1990's colors. This would be a very nice plane to have on the Airport!

I see one or two on Ebay, but the photo coverage is not good. I have been wary of the polished chrome models. I have had two where the "paint" seems to flake off in spots (it's hard to describe...flake is the best word I can come up with)

Anyway...
Don't have any Aero500 models yet...Anyone have this model? Pretty nice?
United930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: