Is anybody at all updating the database? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
RJ Captain

Pilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting started
Is anybody at all updating the database?

Hello there!
It seems to me nobody keeps the database up to date anymore. This is especially true for 1:200. I've submitted models, even posted in the Database Update Thread but to no avail....
Is the database abandoned? Are there any updates at all?
Pilot_Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby
Re: Is anybody at all updating the database?

I think it's Lou who is solely doing the DB and he is currently in hospital having an operation. I'll see if any of the mods know what the craic is
Old 12-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
RJ Second Officer

Baskingshark needs to improve

Hi; I think Lou was the only person doing the updates, although he might have had someone helping, I can't recall.

If anyone is interested in helping, we can get them access to do so. Also, could one of the past helpers LMK where the images get sent to and how they get added? I didn't need to know previously as Lou knew but I never got round to asking him how that works.
Baskingshark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

I've added the two that were discussed here recently. Note however that I don't feel responsible for anything but 1:500 and that Lou is currently not able to contribute.

Also note that the "photo credit" field in the database cannot currently be edited. Therefore, no photos are being uploaded.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post

Also note that the "photo credit" field in the database cannot currently be edited. Therefore, no photos are being uploaded.
What does this mean?

Since when this "photo credit" editing problem stops photos of beeing uploaded?

Is the Model Photos for Wings900 Database-Thread »currently« obsolete?
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Climbing with Delta

Delta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
What does this mean?

Since when this "photo credit" editing problem stops photos of beeing uploaded?

Is the Model Photos for Wings900 Database-Thread »currently« obsolete?
You know how when you add something to your database it has no picture of the airline or actual model? That's what he means.

"Proud to be Atlantas hometown airline for more than 70 years."
Check out my collection!http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-27556.html
Delta_fan_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

I'm back out for the moment, tho will need major bowel surgery in late January. Before that happens busy beavering away with updates to the database.

Please... anyone with any info, photos etc, please forward them onto

[email protected]

And I will add them to the database. This is the quickest way to get models missing onto the database. Please send photos bigger the 800pixels accross, I don't mind if they're several mega-pixels in size as I shrink them to the correct size for the database.

Cheers Lou
Old 12-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,

I'm back out for the moment, tho will need major bowel surgery in late January. Before that happens busy beavering away with updates to the database.

Please... anyone with any info, photos etc, please forward them onto

[email protected]

And I will add them to the database. This is the quickest way to get models missing onto the database. Please send photos bigger the 800pixels accross, I don't mind if they're several mega-pixels in size as I shrink them to the correct size for the database.

Cheers Lou
Firstly my best wishes for your health and the forecoming surgery!

But in respect of the database maintenance I'm a bit baffled.

Do you refer to the 1:400 scale models? In the past you told that »another moderator does all the 1:500« stuff.

So who is responsible for what?

Can we lend a hand?
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #9
Earning My Wings

urduadma is flying under the radar

Hello, here are the ID models with the averace price incorrect.
urduadma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
Puddle Jumper

pedrozembruski is flying under the radar

Hi,

If help is needed to input 1:200 models, I am available.
pedrozembruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #11
King of the Geeks

Kitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dogKitty Hawk 1903 is a top dog

I hope everything go's OK with your procedure. Speedy recovery.

David

Kitty Hawk 1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #12
Emirates is <3

iTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributor

Update: According to BaskingShark, Lou is back out, and should be working on updates pretty soon. Meanwhile, everything that is getting submitted through the Submit A Model feature is getting approved. Sometimes, we've seen that models aren't able to get through. If that's the case, and you don't see your model being added to the database after a maximum of 6-7 days, try messaging BaskingShark. I'm sure he'll be glad to add the model for you.

We are trying our best to get everything in the database, but we need more admins. If you're interested, and will be able to approve and add new models to the database, please contact BaskingShark or Lou (make.me.laugh)

Thanks again,

-iTechno8
iTechno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 AM   #13
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

I can help if you need it.

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:18 AM   #14
Emirates is <3

iTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributoriTechno8 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
I can help if you need it.
Thank you for offering. I've asked BaskingShark to get in touch with you via PM.

Thanks again,

iTechno8
iTechno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #15
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechno8 View Post
Thank you for offering. I've asked BaskingShark to get in touch with you via PM.

Thanks again,

iTechno8
I haven't received his PM yet.

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: