Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

Manu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciated
Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database

Dear Administrators,

I found 5 pictures which are my copyright in your database.
Wings900 Model Database - Advanced Search

They were uploaded without permission from me, but actually I'm happy & I ALLOW you to include it in the database. But please DO NOT crop/remove my name as the photographer.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8726314&type=1

Thank you & best regards
Felix
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database-bou-732.jpg   Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database-bo732.jpg  
Manu_o_KŻ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #2
RJ First Officer

Manu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciatedManu_o_KŻ is appreciated
Re: Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database

Here are some other pictures you may use for the database:
Attached Thumbnails
Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database-bo-732.jpg   Photo Copyright in Wings900's Database-bou732.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

I'm not sure how/why this happened, it's definitely not our policy. Thanks for giving permission anyway.

Apologies,
M.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
RJ First Officer

Sure... no problem ... I believe that. Because I think I have previously contributed 1:500 model pictures once or twice ( I don't remember exactly ) and my name was not removed.

May be somebody had just grabbed such pictures from eBay or my Facebook page then erased or cropped the watermarks out then sent it to the administrator of this page.

Last edited by Manu_o_KŻ; 10-23-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day

More then likely someone submitted your photos because they bought the models and wanted them on the database. Sadly it happens alot. Thankfully you can see the benefit and we're always happy, indeed want to have the official and publicity photos where-ever possible. Thankyou for your understanding!

If not already done, your supplied photos will replace the cropped ones on the site.

Cheers Lou
Old 03-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Mmu69 says the photo credit field is not editable anymore... why not upload photos with photo credits in the photo itself?
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #7
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

It's a 50/50 situation atm, there isn't a dedicated photo credit field anymore, however there is a "REVIEW" field which does the same thing... however it only allows 10 characters, so alot of member's handles won't fit plus any google searches won't show up who contributed the photo.

Several members do add their name to the top corner of photos submitted, which is great, just don't do it on the bottom as it interfers with the Wings900 logo!

Cheers Lou
Old 03-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
It's a 50/50 situation atm, there isn't a dedicated photo credit field anymore, however there is a "REVIEW" field which does the same thing... however it only allows 10 characters, so alot of member's handles won't fit plus any google searches won't show up who contributed the photo.
While the review field is editable (within the limits described), it is not displayed on the website, so (ab)using it as a credit field is of little value, if any.

All,

If users add credit to the photo itself, that's fine, but they shouldn't count on the db admins to do it for them. Please make sure photos are a multiple of 640x400, and models fill the available space. Then add credit, making sure admins don't have to crop the image.

I won't upload any photos without credit in them. I'm not even currently uploading my own photos because of the lack of credit and the unclear future of the database itself.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: