Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   Model Database and MyCollection (https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-database-mycollection/)
-   -   Logos in database (https://www.wings900.com/vb/model-database-mycollection/68337-logos-database.html)

tomek-czarnyszewicz 10-15-2013 01:53 AM

Logos in database
 
Hello admins,
will it be big problem to remove non-working airline logos from database?
Instead of this nice icon just put the text, e.g. Lufthansa or United Airlines.
It will help us much more as the icon.

Tomek

mmu69 10-15-2013 04:42 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Good point. Joschik put this on a list for the developers, but I have no idea about deadlines.

In the meantime, add these to your adblocker:

http://www.airlinelogos.net/images/noairlinelogo.png
airlinelogos.net/logos.php*

Sunderl Susan 10-15-2013 04:51 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
If you have a Postscript drawing program, such as Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, or Corel Draw you can open a logo illustration and modify it using the many options offered by your drawing application.

EchoCharly 10-15-2013 05:10 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Hey guys

The logos will be run in a future in the w900 DB?

Am working with the new DB in Hobbydb. I cannot put in order my collection, for example, by airlines, or by comments, or by aircraft type. Is a really important thing for me, I have more than 1400 models. I cannot know how many models I have. I dont have statistical.

Hope the new hobbyDB will have more options to work fine, we needed. Or repair our dear w900 DB, is really hard to find a model without the airlines logos between more than 1400 options.

Greetings

Antesyd 10-29-2013 10:34 AM

Replace the non-excisting logos...
 
Just one thing to help us with the "broken" database. As it is so impotant for many of us. Can you please replace the non-existing logos with just text.
The database is pretty useless right now without the airline logos. Can you replace them with just the name of the airline until there is a solution?

And please add a button. "export to Excel".

//Antesyd

mmu69 10-29-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Replace the non-excisting logos...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antesyd (Post 557071)
Just one thing to help us with the "broken" database. As it is so impotant for many of us. Can you please replace the non-existing logos with just text.
The database is pretty useless right now without the airline logos. Can you replace them with just the name of the airline until there is a solution?

And please add a button. "export to Excel".

//Antesyd

I don't see anything happening at the moment. In the meantime...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmu69 (Post 554770)
Good point. Joschik put this on a list for the developers, but I have no idea about deadlines.

In the meantime, add these to your adblocker:

http://www.airlinelogos.net/images/noairlinelogo.png
airlinelogos.net/logos.php*


Southwest&Blue 10-29-2013 02:42 PM

Re: Logos in database
 
Database is shot, honestly.

Antesyd 10-29-2013 03:26 PM

Re: Logos in database
 
I know many collectors that use the database as the main reason to use this site. Without the database the forum will slowly die.
Will you at least put an " export to excel" button in the new database at least!!!

//Antesyd

mmu69 10-30-2013 04:09 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antesyd (Post 557121)
I know many collectors that use the database as the main reason to use this site. Without the database the forum will slowly die.
Will you at least put an " export to excel" button in the new database at least!!!

At the moment, c&p or saving the page as HTML and opening that file in your favorite spreadsheet program is your best option ;)

lollomz 11-05-2013 01:39 PM

Re: Logos in database
 
I suggest you to export your collections to: Home - Diecast Model Aircraft . I did it and now my collection is safe!

Lollo

Sabena747 11-09-2013 06:04 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Is there really no possibility to make it possible to export to exell? I mean, we all gave the new db a fair chance and now i'm feeling a bit kept hostage. I just want to keep track of my collection. If this db is bound to disappear then what is the point feeding new info in it. The new one seems to be a dead born child, so i think we should at least be able to save our collection data in exell without too much trouble before everything simply disappears.

The Dima database mentioned here looks great (and to be honest, better than the new one proposed here…) but is linked to a commercial e-bay firm.. so no thanks.

lollomz 11-18-2013 01:16 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabena747 (Post 558501)
Is there really no possibility to make it possible to export to exell? I mean, we all gave the new db a fair chance and now i'm feeling a bit kept hostage. I just want to keep track of my collection. If this db is bound to disappear then what is the point feeding new info in it. The new one seems to be a dead born child, so i think we should at least be able to save our collection data in exell without too much trouble before everything simply disappears.

The Dima database mentioned here looks great (and to be honest, better than the new one proposed here…) but is linked to a commercial e-bay firm.. so no thanks.

Sincery, Who cares if it is linked to a commercial firm??? The DIMA database works well and it is very easy to export your W900 collection; it's also easy to use and there are all the logos who are missing on W900 from months now.
Give to the DIMA database a chance, you'll have your collection safe! ;)

Lollo

mmu69 11-18-2013 04:51 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabena747 (Post 558501)
Is there really no possibility to make it possible to export to exell?.

There are really two options:

1) Save your collection page as HTML and open it in Excel.

2) Copy&paste.

Make sure you set "Models per page" to "all" under Preferences.

;)

Sabena747 11-21-2013 06:29 AM

Re: Logos in database
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmu69 (Post 559630)
There are really two options:

1) Save your collection page as HTML and open it in Excel.

2) Copy&paste.

Make sure you set "Models per page" to "all" under Preferences.

;)

It worked ! Thanks. :P


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2