Stolen Images on DIMA - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby
Stolen Images on DIMA

A while back I submitted some model pics for exclusive use on Wings900 database. I have just discovered that the same images are being used on DIMA (diecastmodelaircraft.com) database with the Waffle Collectibles watermark written on them. I took the photos but Waffles are claiming it is theirs by the looks of things!

Any one else on here been the victim of database picture theft yet?
nathanbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby
Re: Stolen Images on DIMA

God, dude. This database thing is bull****. These people shouldn't had come and ****ed up everything. It was running smoothly and it was very easy to navigate the database.

All I can say, is if you can prove they are your images, you can take legal action.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
1/400 Collector

nathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobbynathanbennett is a legend of the hobby

Yup - definitely my images as they were photographed on my own handmade airport diorama.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
Second Officer

UA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobby

I noticed that too a while ago - and it didn't surprise me at all.

Not sure if the Terms and Conditions of Wings900 have something in it (can't really find them if there are any), but the new hobbydb site definitely has a section about content:

Quote:
Content license

When you give us content, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, trademarks, database rights and all other intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law. We need these rights to host and display your content.
UA900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
1/400 Collector

I wouldn't have any issues in letting anyone use the images if they had asked first but it was a shock to see they had been watermarked as though they had taken the pictures themselves. At least the old DB on W900 gave me a photo credit.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
Second Officer

UA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobbyUA900 is a legend of the hobby

Yea, there are pictures on DIMA with original watermarks from others and Waffle just added his. Couple older ones from Aviation Center Berlin come to mind.

Again, not a surprise knowing who's behind it.
UA900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

And it's Waffle... He doesn't give two squats.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #8
Fluffle Plumpa

virginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciatedvirginaustralia787 is appreciated

Jeez! i hate the new database it was way better before
virginaustralia787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
1/400 Collector

Where did make_me_laughs response go that he posted on here last night? Was all valid points.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: