My collection problem and database - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
Earning My Wings

iberia340 is flying under the radar
Thumbs up My collection problem and database

hi

in the sumary graph, appears that i have 15 models but in my collection list i have 25

what im doing wrong?
here you have a picture of it
Attached Thumbnails
My collection problem and database-la-foto.jpg  
iberia340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
RJ Second Officer

Baskingshark needs to improve
Re: My collection problem and database

Hi iberia340, the graphs and charts in the database/collection management have been going screwy for a while now, it's mostly because the site is so old and the software is creaking at the seams somewhat. The new collection management system/database is being put in place at the moment, however, so this may be related to the fact that the old one is currently being taken down and replaced. Stay tuned for more news shortly.
Baskingshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
RJ First Officer

chrisburns is flying under the radarchrisburns is flying under the radar

Any idea when the "migration" is going to be complete?
chrisburns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
RJ Second Officer

Baskingshark needs to improve

It's rolling out right now! Official discussion thread is here: http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...ticipated.html
Baskingshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
First Officer

Scottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributorScottish_DC-10 is a good contributor
Exclamation Re: My collection problem and database

Hmm, just had a look at the new DB, - call me old fashioned but I prefer the old one! I`ll maybe change my mind when it`s fully up and running but...........

Scottish_DC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Well - I'm not happy so far.

Very little notification given and so did not get a chance to make a hard copy back-up of my collection before it disappeared.

Attempts to log into new database fruitless so far. Requests for new password get a response that an email with verification code has been sent to my email address but there have been no emails delivered (not in Spam or Junk folders either) - grrrrrr

Not impressed

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
Puddle Jumper

Bill is flying under the radarBill is flying under the radar

Glad I'm not the only one who prefers the old database. I just need a simple site to keep track of my collection, nothing fancy with giant fonts and pictures. I can't even find a help function to delete models that are no longer in my collection...it ported in data that was very old, so I'm guessing some of my new items are missing too.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
First Officer

jwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast icon

My collection isn't even on the new database! What's going on???
My name is Joshua Walters, and I'm addicted to 1:400 aircraft.
jwalters692005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

Beau222 is flying under the radar

I received the verification and it allowed me to log in but It's a confusing presentation. And my previous comment section that listed where and how I purchased each model as well as tidbit info about certain models was not transferred. I wish the old version allowed an export to excel before the lockdown/transfer
Old 09-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #10
Puddle Jumper

Austrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributor

I have also a problem...
I have an account on wings900 and on DAC (last one i didn't know anymore), but both with the same email address, and now i can only activate the DAC one and not the wings900....
Have changed the mail on wings900 ...didnt help...
What can i do?
Austrian03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

This was posted over on DA.C by Admin member Baskingshark:

Hi again everyone,

OK, so we have a further update.

We’ve read all the feedback and have spoken with several of you, including Ahsan, who has suggested a solution (thanks Ahsan!)

We anticipated that there would be some issues with the system, but perhaps not to quite this level, and we were acting with the best of intentions in launching now, ie protecting data integrity. However, it appears we’ve gone far too early. As such, we’re going to take the following steps;

We’re going to put in place measures to reinstate the old database and collection
management system. We’re going to need to put up some safeguards first to protect against hacks etc, so it will take a couple of days, but it will be back as soon as possible. We will be speaking with the MAS guys on Monday morning (US time) and will update you all again thereafter. We anticipate it’ll take a couple of days after that to get it reinstated and running safely.

We can’t, however, keep it up and running forever for the many reasons we’ve already explained, and because it’s so old, developing it further is impossible, as is fixing the stuff on it that doesn’t work.

So what we’re going to do is keep it going alongside the new one while we work to develop the latter and make sure it’s what you want. We’ll take on board everyone’s feelings on design, features etc in doing this. Once it’s at that point, the old system will be retired, but until then, you’ll be able to keep using it. You’ll also be able to check in with the new one and see what’s happening there and we’ll post development updates here too. Also, we’ll make sure to give everyone a month’s notice before the old one gets turned off permanently, so anyone who wants to move to DIMA, copy out their data etc, can do so.

We’re sorry this caused so much hassle; as above, it was out of the best of intentions. All data in the old database will be exactly as it was when it was switched off.

Another update will be along ASAP!
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...post-44-a.html
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
Earning My Wings

iberia340 is flying under the radar

Still having problems with the database
I have 26 models and in the main graphic only appears 15

Miguel
iberia340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #13
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by iberia340 View Post
Still having problems with the database
I have 26 models and in the main graphic only appears 15
Graphs haven't been updated since about February
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #14
RJ First Officer

pilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributorpilot01 is a good contributor

My whole Collection was there but now it's gone like the dodo !!!!.......aarh
pilot01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: