Problems with avatars? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor
Re: Problems with avatars?

G'day Albert...

Kick us moderators while we're down huh..? I'm still here, so are quite a few others. Between me, mmu69 and Air force one fan, we keep the database up to date. In fact on many models (aeroclassics, herpa, phoenix, aviation200/400, inflight200/500, witty wings, JC wings, dragon wings, Gemini etc, etc, etc...), we're ahead of the release dates.

Okay, problem from the avatars stems from where they originally came from. 'Airlinelogos.net' which is still owned by this sites previous owners. When they sold up they wanted to charge in excess of $7000+ p/a for continued use of these logos. Which is why currently there are no visible airline logos and for those of us who chose an airline logo previously, no avatar atm either.

You can import your own, just follow the prompts, or you can choose to have none. But if you had a logo previously and haven't bothered to change it, then indeed all you now get is a box with little red 'X' .

There is a whole new site about to be launched, indeed if any member wants to experience it now, all you need to do is PM 'Baskingshark' and he will pass on details on how to access the test site. Here's the link to that discussion:

http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...june-10th.html

There is still a lot of maintenance going on here, the number of missing images has been cut in half since March, new models are being added to the database every day, moderators make sure all members play by the rules and occasionally members still get banned for inappropriate behaviour too, spam is deleted everyday, a lot to do.

Remember though, all moderators are volunteers, members like yourself that do this for the love of the hobby, so if you or any other member has a model that is not listed, please post an entry in an appropriate forum or alternatively I'm happy to receive emails direct:

[email protected]

Cheers Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

Thanks for your very interesting and informative response Lou. Might be an idea to completely remove the airline logo avatar database then, if we can't use them? Interested to see the new site when its up-and-running. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Over six months later and STILL the issue of the Avatars has not been resolved. Many members (including me) still have a box with little red 'X' and all the airline logos from the Avatar selection have the same. Are there actually any moderators on this forum that do anything, as I have not seen any response from anyone and it seems its just the members that are keeping this site going, with no maintenance or anything?
Substitute "moderators" with "owners" and you hit the nail on the head. The mods' job is to keep any discussions civilized, no more

DB admins keep the data in the DB as correct and current as possible. They're not responsible for the operation of it, it's the owners' responsibility.

Both of the above are volunteers, as Lou pointed out.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #19
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Digging up this old thread...

I'm trying to change my avatar, but I can't. The message ''Unable to save image'' always pops up. I tried using an URL and also uploading the pic from my computer, and both failed...

can anybody help me?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #20
A380 and CX Lover

Syndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting started

I experienced that too, thats why I dont have an avatar

My Collection: http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-27447.html
Syndrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #21
A380 and CX Lover

Syndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting startedSyndrago is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Digging up this old thread...

I'm trying to change my avatar, but I can't. The message ''Unable to save image'' always pops up. I tried using an URL and also uploading the pic from my computer, and both failed...

can anybody help me?
Usually, unable to save image means that your image size is higher than the required

My Collection: http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-27447.html
Syndrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated

I have the same problem even though the image size has been within the limits.
CX77W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #23
RJ First Officer

Philippine116 is flying under the radarPhilippine116 is flying under the radar

I too have the same problem, the image fits all the requirements.
(This image \/)
Attached Images

Philippine116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #24
Vorsprung durch Technik

Joschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributorJoschik is a good contributor

I have send a link to this discussion to Justin asking him to look into fixing this.
Joschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated

Yes, get a grip admins. This needs to get fixed ASAP. More than a few people complaining about this.
CX77W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #26
Admin

masmedia has disabled reputation

We're looking into the unable to upload image for your avatar and give you an update here. It looks like it may be a sever limitation that we need to open up.
masmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmedia View Post
We're looking into the unable to upload image for your avatar and give you an update here. It looks like it may be a sever limitation that we need to open up.
Thanks, i'll be waiting.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
Glider pilot

DreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributor

It's working now!
DreamlinerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #29
Fragrant harbour wannabe

Indeed it is, my salutations.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #30
RJ First Officer

Philippine116 is flying under the radarPhilippine116 is flying under the radar

Finally! Thank you to all the people who worked on it.
Philippine116 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: