Database Updates - Page 15 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #211
just crazy

Faucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobby
Re: Database Updates

Hi Lou!

I hope you will recover soon

I updated all database entries.

THANKS for your support. Highly appreciated

PROUD TO BE OWNER OF FAUCETT PERU TriStar http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7...63ccf9b0_c.jpg THANKS TO SERGIO & STAR PERU Fleet, THANKS to BERT, CB CUSTOMS.
Faucett Peru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #212
RJ Second Officer

Gordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
G'day,
Hopefully you won't mind me pointing out 11 models are currently listed under the wrong Manufacturer:
They are all currently listed as 'MAGIC' however there are in fact 'Your Craftsman'. Easy to tell the difference as Magic A380 models have metal wings while all Your Craftsman models have plastic wings (similar to Dragon Wings)

The models are as follows

Wings ID
17601 British Airways
17602 China Southern Airlines (Group)
17630 Braniff N3807BN -Red-
17631 Braniff N3804BN -Silver-
17632 Braniff N3805BN -Black- **
17633 Braniff N3809BN -Orca(Gold)-
17634 Braniff N3801BN -Green-
17635 Braniff N3806BN -Yellow-
17636 Braniff N3808BN -Purple-
17637 Braniff N3602BN -Blue-
17638 Braniff N3803BN -Orange-

Tho Magic also released both a British Airways A380 (Reg number G-BBIG) and also China Southern Airlines (Group) A380 (Reg No. B-2868) However the models shown have no rego numbers and also have plastic wings (plus I own them and know they are in Fact 'Your Craftsman)

Finally I presume there is confusion in the Braniff models as Magic did release Braniff models as 747-100 in various colors, however the A380 models are all Your Craftsman only. Out of the 260 Magic releases none were A380 Braniff's.

** Wings ID 17632 is currently listed as Braniff A380 by Magic, however picture two clearly shows it sitting on a Your Craftsman box!

As a side note... I have collected and made a list of all Magic models in 1/400 and as time permits will either list as new models or update where necessary as time permits! Same goes with Your Craftsman.

I'm just out of hospital and have alot of spare time LOL

Cheers Lou
isn't "Your Craftsman" really what is referred to as "Big Bird 2.0"
Gordon Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #213
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

G'day,

This can get quite confusing, but Big Bird 2.0 used "Big Bird Craftsman 400" and produced models including 747's, as well as A380's and several other models.

In 2007 "Your Craftsman" came along made by Green Base Art Company in Guangdong China. The mould they used is probably based on Dragon wings A380 but is less complicated, however the wheel assemblies and how they connect to the Diecast model is exactly the same.

By late 2009 ther company was in trouble, probably due to it making only 80 models in any particular livery/airline and also trying to sell them for over US$90 each. (The models suffer from wing tip damage, in that the wing tips almost never arrive without the tips being broken in transit due to the thin plastic moulding and delicatecy). For example photos see : Your Craftsman 1:400 Emirates A380-861 - Wings900 ID# 24948

In late 2009/Early 2010 Netmodels took over the remaining stock and remainded the stock so it could be bought for under $20 on ebay and model shops. These models were also often repackaged in generic blue A380 Airbus boxes without any manufacturers logo or markings. They do however have a netmodel bar code and info stuck to the side of them.

My research (so far) show they made between 40 to 50 Different liveried A380 models. I've currently locked down 42 different liveries, however have seen a box which would add another 8 models to their releases. (one box was regularly used to sell up to 9 differrent models).

I probably should write a detailed article about all of this! All started when I got given a sample model of an undecorated 'green' undercoat of MSN005. It varies alot from the model that was put on sale, possibly the prototype to the mess that is Your Craftsman lol
make.me.laugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #214
Wings900 Team Member

make.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributormake.me.laugh is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faucett Peru View Post
Hi Lou!

I hope you will recover soon

I updated all database entries.

THANKS for your support. Highly appreciated

G'day,

Just one more thing that needs to be updated (with this lot anyway) are models

Wings ID 25087 British Airways
32984 Braniff - Orca(gold)
33078 Braniff - Yellow

Which are now duplicated by the recent corrections. The data needs to be transfered to the corrected versions and also the photos as required to be moved to the corrected Your Craftsman listing.

Cheers Lou
Old 08-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #215
RJ Second Officer

Gordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributorGordon Werner is a good contributor

so Big Bird 2.0 is really just Big Bird ... and Your Craftsman is a separate company ...
Gordon Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #216
Wings900 Team Member

This has been discussed here all before...

Netmodels & Co:
5 Stars, BigBird400 mk.2, Dream Flyers, BlueBox, C&C, Magic,

For all the info check out:
http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...011-heavy.html
This covers the entire history of manufacturers in China and elsewhere. Awesome reading!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #217
just crazy

Faucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by make.me.laugh View Post
g'day,

just one more thing that needs to be updated (with this lot anyway) are models

wings id 25087 british airways
32984 braniff - orca(gold)
33078 braniff - yellow

which are now duplicated by the recent corrections. The data needs to be transfered to the corrected versions and also the photos as required to be moved to the corrected your craftsman listing.

Cheers lou

done.....

PROUD TO BE OWNER OF FAUCETT PERU TriStar http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7...63ccf9b0_c.jpg THANKS TO SERGIO & STAR PERU Fleet, THANKS to BERT, CB CUSTOMS.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #218
Wings900 Team Member

G'day,

And thankyou so much for the corrections... now another couple of questions..? How do I go about uploading about 200 new models and also adding about 500 new photos?

I have tried clicking on Database then filling out "Submit a model" however after that the models never seem to be catalogued! Also tried submitting a few new photos to currently listed models and same again.. nothing... annoying huh?

How does one go about posting photos to this feed? I've noticed a few collectors posting photos directly here and they do seem to be listed immediately... so how is it done..?

As I have so many photos to upload, can you advise me a quicker way then one at a time? (Yes I have made sure all pics I submit are within the guidelines of 640w btw)

Also is there a quicker way of submitting new models? I have alot to submit lol.

Cheers Lou
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #219
just crazy

They are not automatically added to the database. They appear in a queue "models to be approved" and when cross-checked and missing info added / logo adjusted ... added to the database. Very often submitted pictures get lost or you have to "work around" to get them.

If you have so many models & pictures to add, please mail them directly to me:
[email protected]

Please have some patience. I will try to add them as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #220
Wings900 Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faucett Peru View Post
They are not automatically added to the database. They appear in a queue "models to be approved" and when cross-checked and missing info added / logo adjusted ... added to the database. Very often submitted pictures get lost or you have to "work around" to get them.

If you have so many models & pictures to add, please mail them directly to me:
[email protected]

Please have some patience. I will try to add them as soon as possible.

Many thanks
G'day,
Many, many appologies, please accept my humble apology and lack of patience... I promise to both wait longer and keep a steady stream of photos and models coming your way, thankyou again

Cheers Lou
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #221
RJ Captain

Pilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting started

Please add the Herpa 1:200 Lufthansa A380 D-AIMI which I already submitted.
Thanks
Pilot_Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #222
just crazy

Model added to db. Sorry, must have missed it.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #223
RJ Captain

Pilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting startedPilot_Flying is getting started

no prob. Thanks for adding it.
Pilot_Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #224
HUGE BOAC FAN!!

robertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast iconrobertjon5 is a diecast icon

hi fawcett. some pics posted here of LHS models klm 747, not in database. thanks.

http://www.wings900.com/vb/all-other...lick-away.html
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #225
Puddle Jumper

orion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting startedorion7804 is getting started

Registration Error # ID6612 number board 37885
#ID9494 number board 37885

Last edited by orion7804; 09-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.
orion7804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: