Aussie arrivals & photos for the database. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Aussie arrivals & photos for the database.

At last I've had some time to photograph some Aussie additions for the year. There are a couple of interesting comparisons that I will need to post over the next few days but, for Carlos and the other mods, some photos for the database...

#22992 V Australia B773 VH-VPF South African flag

#22995 TAA B727-276 VH-TBK Central Australian colours

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby
Re: Aussie arrivals & photos for the database.

Nice shots doc!
AngentX has some real competition!
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

#23295 Qantas B707-338C VH-EAC "City of Sydney"

#23267 Tiger Airways A320-232 VH-VNC

And a comparison with its smaller !:500 version by CB Customs...

Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
Operations Director

#23281 Royal Australian Air Force B707-338C A20-623 "Clarendon" in hybrid Worldways livery on return to Australia, 1983.

#23728 Royal Australian Air Force B707-338C A20-623 "Clarendon" in full RAAF h--viz colours circa 1984.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
G-VFOX

Jake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributor

I was just about to ask if you got them RAAF planes. Got mine yesterday as I quietly smuggled 'em in the back door. hehehe

Jake Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
RJ Captain

thrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting startedthrifty is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Fox View Post
I was just about to ask if you got them RAAF planes. Got mine yesterday as I quietly smuggled 'em in the back door. hehehe
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has to sneak them in.

I can't wait for the arrival of the Inflight200 Qantas 747Sp
thrifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
Operations Director

Thanks guys.

#23722 Trans Australian Airlines A300B4 VH-TAA "James Cook"

This is a great release from Hogan. A nicely detailed model and the first of three in a series with Australian Airlines and Qantas versions still to come. It is all plastic construction.

Here are some comparison pics with my pre-production Skyline Models version which is diecast and entirely hand-painted. The diecast is painted in the same paint as the actual aircraft but because of scale issues it looks too dark/orange. Hogan has done a great job with the colours.

Last edited by flyingdoc; 09-04-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
G-VFOX

Jake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributorJake Fox is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty View Post
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has to sneak them in.

I can't wait for the arrival of the Inflight200 Qantas 747Sp
Another West Aussie eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Thanks guys.
#23722 Trans Australian Airlines A300B4 VH-TAA "James Cook"
This is a great release from Hogan. A nicely detailed model and the first of three in a series with Australian Airlines and Qantas versions still to come. It is all plastic construction.

Here are some comparison pics with my pre-production Skyline Models version which is diecast and entirely hand-painted. The diecast is painted in the same paint as the actual aircraft but because of scale issues it looks too dark/orange. Hogan has done a great job with the colours.
That Hogan TAA A300 looks stunning. It's a shame I don't collect 1/200 because theirs alot of good Aussie releases coming out.

Jake Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
just crazy

Faucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobbyFaucett Peru is a legend of the hobby

Please be patient, the pictures will be uploaded ASAP. Technical issues causes some delay.... Thanks

PROUD TO BE OWNER OF FAUCETT PERU TriStar http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7...63ccf9b0_c.jpg THANKS TO SERGIO & STAR PERU Fleet, THANKS to BERT, CB CUSTOMS.
Faucett Peru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby

Photos had been added to the DB. Thanks for the pictures Doc.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Photos had been added to the DB. Thanks for the pictures Doc.
No worries - there are more to come to fill a few holes. I just need to find time....

Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Thumbs up Re: Aussie arrivals & photos for the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
No worries - there are more to come to fill a few holes. I just need to find time....
Hey, Keep them coming on our way.
We appreciate your help very much for providing photos. :-)

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #13
Operations Director

Some more...

#23322 QantasLink Shorts SD-360 VH-SUM

The long awaited GeminiJets release

#2355 Qantas B747-SP VH-EAB "Winton"

I'm really glad that GJ decided to do VH-EAB because my custom version is her sister ship VH-EAA "City of Gold Coast / Tweed". Here they are together...

I think the wings of my custom may actually be more accurate than the GJ version?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #14
Operations Director

More again

#23351 Qantas B747-48E VH-OEB "Philip Island" World Cup "Come Play" titles

#23298 Qantas DC-4 VH-EBP with Cargo titles

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Operations Director

#23427 Virgin Blue B737-81QWL VH-VOI "Gilette Mach 3" titles

#23428 Virgin Blue B737-81QWL VH-VOJ "Head to Queensland" titles

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: