Help with taking pic's ? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Model Database and MyCollection

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #1

200fever is flying under the radar
Help with taking pic's ?

Hello,I have some questions regarding pictures.I see a lot of really nice pic's and was wondering what kind of camera's people are useing.I only have a camera with 7,2 mpxl's,will this give good resolution pic's like those I see ? What setting should I use 400x,800x ? Should I use sunlight/daylight or flash ? Distance/zoom in,close up/zoom out ? If someone could help me I would apreciate it greatly.THANKS-200fever
200fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Re: Help with taking pic's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200fever
Hello,I have some questions regarding pictures.I see a lot of really nice pic's and was wondering what kind of camera's people are using.
I'm using a Canon Ixus Series 980IS 14MP. This one works a wonder, cause it has a Macro Function. You can go really close to the model and it produces some nice shots of it. Sharp images ! I can only recommend it.
Quote:
I only have a camera with 7,2 mpxl's.
Anything above 5Mp will work out fine. But you have to know, 7mp or 14mp it wouldn't matter, Megapixels means how large you are able to print out an image when you print it. A 7mp camera will shoot quite nice.
Quote:
will this give good resolution pic's like those I see ?
If you leave the originals straight from the camera, it will come out at about 3000 pixels x 2000, that's a 6mp image. It depends how you treat your images. Some edits the images with photo editing programs, makes changes with sharpen tools, brightening/darkening tools, cropping or whatever.

Quote:
What setting should I use 400x,800x ?
400 & 800, do you mean ISO settings ?
Quote:
Should I use sunlight/daylight or flash ?
Depends your light environment. If you're shooting outside, shoot with daylight/sunlight.
Flash if you don't have enough natural lights. Shooting with flash under artificial lights screws up the colours of your models (but it can be corrected in the photo editing progem, if you have one) Don't use flash in dark rooms, It whites out the fuselage, there's a thread somewhere in the forum, I think it was a DC9, can't remember the scale though. Under all circumstances, Make good use of daylight, Place your model table, the spot where you have your model and take shots of, sit near the window. Natural lights is what it's all about.
Quote:
Distance/zoom in, close up/zoom out ?
Depends on you, dude. You can have a perfect shot of the model, but if you have a decent photo editing program, you can probably make it better. But it also depends if your camera has macro functions, with macro you can go pretty close, say 5 centimeter away from the model and take good shots. Again check out my threads. Most of the pictures (Single model shots) are taken with macro.

Here's some examples, taken by me.
PHOTOS: Rex's May Arrivals (16 models) (Part 1)

PHOTOS: Rex's May Arrivals (10 models) (Part 2)

PHOTOS : Rex's May Arrivals (17 models) (Part 3) Wings Boerse DUS 2009

Hope this helps. PM me if you have other questions regarding photo shooting.

/Jay

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group

Last edited by Rex; 06-06-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #3

200fever is flying under the radar
Re: Help with taking pic's ?

Thanks for the info REX,it was very helpful.Great pic's btw(they are what i'm striving for).I have 1/200 scale so i wont be able to get close whole shots but my close ups should look descent.I will start testing shots today,thanks again.--200fever
200fever is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: