Malefiska International Airport (1/500) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog
Malefiska International Airport (1/500)

Hi everybody !

I finally decided to post some pictures of my airport in 1/500 scale. I made it on a big wooden plank which is 2 meters * 1,20 meters if I remember well. Lines, ramps and taxiways are made with paper that I glued and the runway is made with a material used for making roads for 1/87 scale.

I've also made a surprise that you will see on the last picture. Sorry, I'm not a good catcher

Let's start with a 747-400 from Qantas !

Luxair arriving on the regional area.

A view of the cargo terminal where are standing a 777 TNT and one Air France Cargo.

Qatar Airways on push-back.

The airport is deserved by China Eastern with a regular flight operated by A340-600.

VIP and bizjets are also welcome to this airport.

Tunisair landing after a 3 hours flight from Djerba.

And...

... Finally, night came across and Iberia Air Nostrum is operated the last flight of the day.

Hope you will enjoy and see you soon for another day of spotting !
Malefiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Malefiska International Airport (1/500)

Wonderful!
Very nice, and you also have lovely models. I want that Luxair Dash 8!

Curious to see the Qatar A330 being served by the jetway on the right side, not by the left!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Looks quite nice, well done! Indeed as Leo says, the bridge should connect on the left side of the aircraft

Do you have an overview photo?

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Nice airport!!!

The jetway on the QF 744 is placed wrong

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Nce airport indeed. Where did you get the lamps?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Hi !

Thank you very much for the kind words. I didn't know that bridges are only connected to the left of the airplane. I will try to correct it. Do you know why we board by the left side ? Doors are different between left and right ?

Here is a picture of all the airport. Don't pay attention to this scary traffic, it's a bit messy

About light, I use ... Christmas light. Yes, true, it's not a joke ! 128 lights for the blue lamps, and 256 for the greens ! For other colors, I don't know precisely. They are cheap (compared with Herpa system) and the result looks good.
The bad point is that lamps are bigger than the size required. So I had to arrange it with a little trick :
I first drilled a hole a 2mm for having the real size that I need. And after, from beneath, I made an another hole of 4,5mm (it's the size of one lamp) which stops in the middle of the thickness of the wood.
Finally, I glued my yellow-paper lines over each hole, so that you can't see anything.

(sorry, it's hard for me to explain that in a language that I don't speak very well !)

Here is a GIF that shows that :

And for the lamp post, I bought them on a chinese Ebay. They were white so I painted them in silver. You can find similar lamps here (I bought mine in a pack of 10).

And here are other shots taken by night, with a normal traffic :

Hope you will enjoy !
Malefiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Earning My Wings

AeBal is flying under the radarAeBal is flying under the radar

Dear Sir: Sure, I enjoyed a lot!!! Congratulations.
AeBal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #8
P1 Pharmacy Student

juntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributorjuntimestwo is a good contributor

Nice lighting man! I'm really enjoying the nighttime atmosphere you applied to your model airport. Let's see some more!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #9
Student pilot

This week-end, I worked on the parkings of my airport. I made all roads and parking with photoshop and it was a huge work, as I needed to make it according to the space I had in front of the terminal building. I will add grass in place of the green parts and there will be a fuel Station too, near to the parking ahead the Hotel. This is the right part of the front of the airport, I'll make the left part during next week-end.

The Hotel is supposed to be a Sheraton hotel, but I wanted to keep the Herpa building style, that's why it has a strange look.

Where all cars are yellow, it's because it's a special road for Taxi. There is near than 200 cars, each painted one after one. I have got 200 other, ready to be painted

Old 11-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #10
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

It looks magnifique! I love the CDG-style sheraton hotel

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
RJ First Officer

Kabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributorKabasch is a good contributor

Nice, the Iberia nightshot, and especially your large car parking! This is a very good scene so close to reality.
My historical 1:600 diorama of Zurich airport ZRH/LSZH
http://goo.gl/nmeMa7
New Dock E 2011 diorama: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...-zrh-lszh.html
Kabasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #12
RJ First Officer

Harry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dogHarry Pettersion is a top dog

Love your bizjet! Where did you find her? I wish someone will make her in 1/400.
Harry Pettersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #13
Student pilot

I didn’t answer, well I found it from 3D printing.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #14
RJ Captain

Maverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributor

Wow im loving this airport mate well done!
Maverick231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #15
VC-10 Fan

Harry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast icon

Very good airport!
Harry_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: