Sierra_Echo_Bravo's Airport Thread - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
Puddle Jumper

Sierra_Echo_Bravo is flying under the radarSierra_Echo_Bravo is flying under the radar
Arrow Sierra_Echo_Bravo's Airport Thread

Hi everyone!
Currently I am constructing an airport with operations loosely based off of Sydney's Charles Kingsford Smith International. So far I have collected 13 1:400 models from airlines that currently serve Sydney plus a few military aircraft.

The airport as of now has two terminals: 1 international terminal capable of accomodating A380's at 5 of its 6 gates, and 1 smaller domestic terminal consisting of 4 narrow body gates and 3 wide body gates for A330/787 size aircraft.
The international terminal will strictly handle international flights while the domestic terminal is able to handle selected trans-Tasman flights to New Zealand and Pacific Islands.

The airport stands incomplete with 2 bare terminals built, grey base coat applied and half of the runway painted. Taxiways have also been roughly drawn in pencil.

Anyways along with the airport!

Overview of the airport

International flight line

Domestic flight line URL=http://s776.photobucket.com/user/Sierra_Echo_Bravo/media/IMG_5405_zpsca3ab042.jpg.html][/URL]

Cathay Pacific A330-300 flight CX100 off to Hong Kong

British Airways A380 flight BA16 off to London Heathrow via Singapore

Virgin Australia 777-300ER flight VA1 off to Los Angeles

Etihad 777-300ER flight EY455 off to Abu Dhabi

Air New Zealand 787-9 flight NZ108 off to Auckland

Qantas A380 flight QF1 off to London Heathrow via Dubai

Emirates A380 flight EK413 off to Dubai

LAN 787-8 flight LA800 off to Santiago via Auckland

And now to the domestic terminal

Qantas Dash 8 Q400 flight 2260 off to Lord Howe Island

Qantas A330-200 flight QF575 off to Perth

Jetstar 787-8 doing a repositioning flight to Melbourne

Here are my last two models

United States Airforce C-5 Galaxy 'Travis AFB'

NATO C-17 Globemaster III 'Papa AFB'

I am happy to answer questions/comments and any constructive criticism is encouraged!!
Hopefully this is the start of a long and enjoyable thread for everyone

Cheers, Seb
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Sierra_Echo_Bravo's Airport Thread

Very nice. Good selection of models! Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

wow Seb...wonderful project mate...can't wait to see it finished...wonderful schedules specially the SpeedBird 'heavy' BA016 to LHR via SIN (that's the exact same flight my BA A380 will do once my airport is complete)!!! Cheers!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Puddle Jumper

Sierra_Echo_Bravo is flying under the radarSierra_Echo_Bravo is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Very nice. Good selection of models! Can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks mate, I can't wait either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
wow Seb...wonderful project mate...can't wait to see it finished...wonderful schedules specially the SpeedBird 'heavy' BA016 to LHR via SIN (that's the exact same flight my BA A380 will do once my airport is complete)!!! Cheers!!!
Thanks, I should add 'heavy' to nearly all of my flights! Where will your airport be located? Maybe we could do a route in the future

Cheers, Seb
Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #5
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

well Seb, it is located in London (though I'm located in Bombay)...the reason for this is that I absolutely love SpeedBirds and would like to share with you all my passion for BA aircrafts...it will feature only BA flights (maybe a few surprises too like Qantas)...the reason I've chosen LHR is that BOM has only 2 speedbird flights a day (BA139 and BA199)...whereas from LHR my flights can serve to places all over the globe...I can reveal that my BA A380 (G-XLEA) will fly the BA015/BA016 LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR regularly...see you soon in Sydney mate!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #6
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Popsicle sticks... that's genius!
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:15 AM   #7
Puddle Jumper

Quote:
well Seb, it is located in London (though I'm located in Bombay)...the reason for this is that I absolutely love SpeedBirds and would like to share with you all my passion for BA aircrafts...it will feature only BA flights (maybe a few surprises too like Qantas)...the reason I've chosen LHR is that BOM has only 2 speedbird flights a day (BA139 and BA199)...whereas from LHR my flights can serve to places all over the globe...I can reveal that my BA A380 (G-XLEA) will fly the BA015/BA016 LHR-SIN-SYD-SIN-LHR regularly...see you soon in Sydney mate!
London amazes me with all its impressive traffic, besides being the home of the legendary Speedbirds, the airport gets all the flagship aircraft from airlines all over the world!! It is truly a spectacular airport. London would also be one of the most expensive model airports to construct with all the big wide bodies and ever expanding BA fleet, but it would be extremely satisfying collecting those models with such a large variety of carriers servicing London.
I will definitely continue doing routes to London with Qantas, Emirates and of course British Airways!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Popsicle sticks... that's genius!
Thanks, I thought they would work well to provide structure so later I can lay some building foils on to make them look more like airport terminals

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers, Seb
Old 07-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
New York Metro Airport

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Great start to your airport Seb, it's nice to see you've started working on it!
I really like your collection too - especially the Virgin Australia B777-300/ER, which I wish I had in my collection

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your project!

- Cal.

KNYM | New York Metro Airport
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #9
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
I really like your collection too - especially the Virgin Australia B777-300/ER, which I wish I had in my collection

- Cal.
welcome back Cal....I like the Virgin Australia B77W too...don't think it flies to DXB though!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #10
New York Metro Airport

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
welcome back Cal....I like the Virgin Australia B77W too...don't think it flies to DXB though!
Thanks my friend - I'll be responding to my thread shortly...
You're right, but it does fly to Abu Dhabi, and I am 'borrowing' a few airlines from there

- Cal.

KNYM | New York Metro Airport
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
Puddle Jumper

Quote:

- Cal.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks my friend - I'll be responding to my thread shortly...
You're right, but it does fly to Abu Dhabi, and I am 'borrowing' a few airlines from there

- Cal.
Thanks Cal ,
The Virgin 777 is highly recommended although they seem hard to find lately.
Since AUH and DXB are so close to each other I don't see why they wouldn't 'share' some aircraft.
I think I will be guilty of 'borrowing' some airlines and aircraft types from other airports in the Oceanic region, most likely Qatar from their services to Melbourne, maybe a normal livery A350 will land at my airport .

Tags
1:400, airport, australia, sydney

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: