JFK Terminal One - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

oliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributor
JFK Terminal One

Hey guys,

Decided to rebuild my JFK Terminal One diorama using laser cutting technology and I couldn't be happier with the results. The rib structure that supports the roof is probably the most complicated part, as all the ribs have to be exactly the same, so the laser worked out perfectly.
I also decided to use semi-matte paper for the windows for a more realistic look.

In any case, below is the progress so far.
Please keep in mind the roof is shiny because I have frisket on it at the moment to protect from smudges while working.

Next step is to start of the concourse section.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
JFK Terminal One-jfkt11.jpg   JFK Terminal One-jfkt12.jpg   JFK Terminal One-jfkt13.jpg  
oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: JFK Terminal One

Looks amazing! Great job!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor

That looks very nice!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DELTA A321!!!!
DeltaA321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Glider pilot

DreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributor

Fabulous!
DreamlinerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

Amazing! Are you going to do the entire airport?

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
RJ Second Officer

FlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciated

Looking fantastic! I look forward to seeing this progress!
FlyboyPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
Puddle Jumper

oliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributoroliver is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
Amazing! Are you going to do the entire airport?
Not the whole airport but most likely Delta's Terminal 2 as well.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

Just wondering, how much did it cost you?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #9
Second Officer

kartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast iconkartlord is a diecast icon

Wow, wow, wow... Great job!

My only question is about the size, I mean is it compatible with any of the scales?
kartlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #10
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

Look as good as this one.

Saarinen TWA Terminal, JFK - SkyscraperCity

But that one is 1:400.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #11
Puddle Jumper

Yeah, I made that one also, but this one will be more accurate.

The scale on this is also 1:400.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #12
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Damn, you have some talent. Absolutely breathtaking.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #13
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful realization.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #14
Puddle Jumper

Started work on assembling the concourse portion of the terminal.
Attached Thumbnails
JFK Terminal One-photo11.jpg  
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #15
ATP Captain

adam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dogadam340 is a top dog

How much does this technology cost?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: