Funchal Airport updated (1:500). - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Funchal Airport updated (1:500).

Do you remember this airport? This is Funchal Airport, my first layout and, probably, my best airport. I tried to realize a perfect replica of this amazing holiday airport and i obtained a masterpiece (from the basement point of view): i added the pillars and the section of the runway above them.
Now i want to update the airport and start to use again for my charter traffic: i want to resurface the runway, the taxiway and the apron, updating everything using my improved skills.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Funchal Airport updated (1:500).

This is one of my all-time favorite airport models! Glad to see it here again; I will follow the updates with great interest!!Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #3
Ich bin ein Berliner!

MikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobbyMikeDJ is a legend of the hobby

One of the most amazing airport layouts i have ever seen. I visited Madeira a couple of years ago and this one brings a lot of memories back. Amazing
Etihad, SAS and a few others.
MikeDJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for the support my friends.
This was my first layout and, especially for the runway, i used some "strange" artifices: for the central and lateral lines of the runway i used the steri-strips ( white scotch tape used in surgery ), while to realize the pillars of the runway i used the plugs of the cannula needles.
Now my idea is to cover everything with a coat of white and then to repaint the runway, the taxiway and the apron; then i will have to create the tarmac grid and i can start to use this wonderful airport again.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

This was the first airport I ever clapped eyes on from you Charter. Simply outstanding work. Do you remember when I requested so many photo's to save? The models and airport work fantastic together. I have to congratulate you also for acquiring the Thomson 757-200 Custom model.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

This looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Come one! I think this is by far your best diorama, Alessandro!
It looks absolutely lovely! Top quality!

Is the Jet2 B757-200 a custom model?

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 02-22-2014 at 12:18 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #7
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Looks amazing Alessandro! I love the Jet2.com B757 as well as the Monarch B757! I look forward seeing this excellent diorama being completed!!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
Freight forwarder

7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby7wesker7 is a legend of the hobby

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...ristmas042.jpg

The best photo ever
211 models in 1:500
My rnav photos
7wesker7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
This was the first airport I ever clapped eyes on from you Charter. Simply outstanding work. Do you remember when I requested so many photo's to save? The models and airport work fantastic together. I have to congratulate you also for acquiring the Thomson 757-200 Custom model.
I remember Adam, you was so nice asking me a lot of photos of different airlines.
I hope to improve this layout and maybe to add a new parking stand. Now my skills are different than 5 years ago so i hope to do a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
This looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Come one! I think this is by far your best diorama, Alessandro!
It looks absolutely lovely! Top quality!

Is the Jet2 B757-200 a custom model?
Thanks Leonardo, yes the Jet2 B757 is a custom (Sergio).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Looks amazing Alessandro! I love the Jet2.com B757 as well as the Monarch B757! I look forward seeing this excellent diorama being completed!!
Thanks Thom, i also can't wait to start the work improving the diorama so i can start to use it for the charter traffic. It is a pity we still don't have the TAP A319.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7wesker7 View Post
Thanks so much my friend.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Here we are: the "old" airport

and what i started to do, a coat of white deleting everything. When dry i will start to paint the layout again.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #11
RJ Captain

oprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributoroprandi tomas is a good contributor

Bellissimooooooo!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 AM   #12
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by oprandi tomas View Post
Bellissimooooooo!!!
Grazie Tomas.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

I think it looked fine. How did you make the elevated runway?

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:38 AM   #14
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
I think it looked fine. How did you make the elevated runway?
It is multilayer and to realize the pillars i used the covers of the cannula needles painted in grey.

Charter airlines lover

Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
The Dark Side

I am really happy of this airport!!!

Approaching runway 05:

pron

Apron:

Runway 23 and the ocean:

Runway 05:

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: