Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Kah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributor
Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!

Hi aviators!

I've just started collecting 1:400 aircraft models and I'm very new to this forum, I like it so much. I'm also trying to build a model airport so that I can display my aircraft with it and I would like to share it with you guys and hope you guys would like it and I would appreciate feedbacks and comments!

I used many of Airport Diorama Designs - Your source for 1:400 and 1:500 Model Airport Foils model buildings for my airport, I enjoy crafting airport so much and the result is really good, love it so much! I would like to thanks JetBlue777 (http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...ing-foils.html) for being kind enough to send and share his custom made ground foil with me.
I'm currently designing my own airport tarmac as I want my own airport configurations and I use (two) 1.2m by 0.6m table to combine it to a 1.2m x 1.2m platform!
Model humans, cars and trees are coming in soon to spice up the airport too!
Hope you will like it, Enjoy!

P.S. will update with the progress of the airport soon!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-1.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-2.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-3.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-4.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-5.jpg  

Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-6.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-7.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-8.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-9.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-10.jpg  

Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-11.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-12.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-13.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-14.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-15.jpg  

Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-16.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-17.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-18.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-19.jpg   Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!-20.jpg  

Last edited by Kah Jun; 09-11-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Kah Jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog
Re: Homemade 1:400 Airport Diorama and more!

Welcome to the forum! Looking good so far! What models do you have?

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Kah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributorKah Jun is an excellent contributor

Greetings UAL737!

Thank you so much! I've only 6 models currently, 4 passenger aircraft and 2 oversized cargo freighter.

Singapore A380
ANA 787
Air China 777-200
Airbus 340-500
Airbus Beluga
Boeing 747-400LCF Dreamlifter

Old 09-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful pictures and nice start, congratulations!!!

PS: please note that the maximum size of the pictures should be 800px.
And also, If I were, you, I wouldn't use styrofoam...
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Thanks Leonardo! Appreciate your comments, I've resized the pictures, hope it isn't too big now.
Other foam board was recommended but I couldn't get it near my area so I use styrofoam at the moment, would definitely change it to other foam if I could get them! Thanks again
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kah Jun View Post
Thanks Leonardo! Appreciate your comments, I've resized the pictures, hope it isn't too big now.
Other foam board was recommended but I couldn't get it near my area so I use styrofoam at the moment, would definitely change it to other foam if I could get them! Thanks again
hehe you're welcome! Pictures are fine now
Try using plywood panels on your terminal. I think styrofoam is too fragile... I used wood on my airport and I will keep using it when I make other airports
Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
hehe you're welcome! Pictures are fine now
Try using plywood panels on your terminal. I think styrofoam is too fragile... I used wood on my airport and I will keep using it when I make other airports
Yeap! I use Balsa wood for the all my building structures, just that the terminal building roof is styrofoam because it looks thicker! and maybe .. looks more like ... a roof hahaha
Styrofoam doesn't work well with UHU glue though, they will corrode the styrofoam
Old 09-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Great work, beautiful airport.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Looking very nice - I know of these card models but haven't seen anyone use them until now. Look forward to seeing more!
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Much thanks Charter!
You've got three thousand plus aircraft models omg. I'm 0.18% of your total aircraft models
Respect!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
Looking very nice - I know of these card models but haven't seen anyone use them until now. Look forward to seeing more!
Thank you very much bskc8th!
Yea I find them very interesting and thought of giving it a try and they turn out really nice!

Last edited by Kah Jun; 09-11-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
Obsessed with United

United737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dogUnited737 is a top dog

Quote:
Yeap! I use Balsa wood for the all my building structures, just that the terminal building roof is styrofoam because it looks thicker! and maybe .. looks more like ... a roof hahaha
Styrofoam doesn't work well with UHU glue though, they will corrode the styrofoam
Try using Elmer's wood glue. That's what I use and it works great!

Types I fly: C-17 Globemaster, MC-130H Combat Talon II
United737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by United737 View Post
Try using Elmer's wood glue. That's what I use and it works great!
Yeap definitely will try! But currently I've got nothing in mind to build, any suggestions or idea??
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
ANA/NCA Precision Models

Old 09-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Much thanks Charter!
You've got three thousand plus aircraft models omg. I'm 0.18% of your total aircraft models
Respect!
I forgot...welcome to Wings900 Forum.
Thanks for your nice words. Respect to you for your beautiful layout.
The last photo of the Singapore Airlines A380 is really marvellous.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: