Building a proper airport out of Legos! - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #46
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor
Re: Building a proper airport out of Legos!

A quick sneekpeak of my building glass foil. Still not fully sure if I am going to cover my transparent windows till it's complete but at least my foils will be ready if I do. FYI this is a very low res JPEG. The actual versions are 32bit bitmap.

And the ICAO is set for KDCN
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-dcl.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-gh.jpg  

My airport progress: KDCN

Last edited by FedEx AirMaster; 11-07-2012 at 01:18 AM.
FedEx AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #47
W900 Senior Member

FedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributorFedEx AirMaster is a good contributor

Airport name, logo, and location chosen.

The airport will be built North of Santa Barbara and will primarly serve all areas between Oxnard and Paso Robles. As well as a major alternative to LAX.

So far, domestic gate slots have been sold to:

United - Chicago / Houston
Delta - Atlanta / New York
Virgin America - New York
Jet Blue - New York
Southwest - Dallas / Atlanta / Las Vegas / Milwaukee-New York
Hawaiian - Honolulu
Alaska - Portland / Seattle / Spokanne
Air Canada - Vancouver
Vision Airlines - Tampa

International Slots sold to:

KLM Amsterdam
Martin Air - Toronto-Amsterdam
Corsair - Paris
British Airways - London
BMI - Manchester
Qatar - Zurich-Doha
Emirates - Dubai
EL AL - Frankfurt - Tel Aviv
Qantas - Sydney
Thai - Bangkok

Pieces have shipped and construction starts soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-vpa2.jpg  

Last edited by FedEx AirMaster; 11-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
W900 Senior Member

Here is the cargo building. Obviously to be covered with custom decals so it loses the simple Lego look...
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-cargo-1.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-cargo-2.jpg  

Old 11-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #49
W900 Senior Member

I had to change the layout of the terminal and docks. This is the final version as ordered.

Also note the First and business lounges as well as the customs hallway on the lowest level.
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-1.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-2.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-3.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-4.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-5.jpg  

Building a proper airport out of Legos!-6.jpg   Building a proper airport out of Legos!-7.jpg  

Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #50
W900 Senior Member

Look at what Santa sent from Poland today! Time to get started! And yes that's over 1,300 pieces and over $400 worth!
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-tn.jpg  

Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #51
Flight Student

TFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributorTFdude15 is a good contributor
Smile Re: Building a proper airport out of Legos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx AirMaster View Post
Airport name, logo, and location chosen.

The airport will be built North of Santa Barbara and will primarly serve all areas between Oxnard and Paso Robles. As well as a major alternative to LAX.

So far, domestic gate slots have been sold to:

United - Chicago / Houston
Delta - Atlanta / New York
Virgin America - New York
Jet Blue - New York
Southwest - Dallas / Atlanta / Las Vegas / Milwaukee-New York
Hawaiian - Honolulu
Alaska - Portland / Seattle / Spokanne
Air Canada - Vancouver
Vision Airlines - Tampa

International Slots sold to:

KLM Amsterdam
Martin Air - Toronto-Amsterdam
Corsair - Paris
British Airways - London
BMI - Manchester
Qatar - Zurich-Doha
Emirates - Dubai
EL AL - Frankfurt - Tel Aviv
Qantas - Sydney
Thai - Bangkok

Pieces have shipped and construction starts soon!
I think you might have forgot to put DC on there somewhere.
Nice design BTW, I had a lego airport, but lost is purpose over the months. I still have the airport layout with the cargo area and 3 runways.
TFdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #52
Cleared to land runway 27

Mikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributorMikeport is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Look at what Santa sent from Poland today! Time to get started! And yes that's over 1,300 pieces and over $400 worth!

Niiice!!
Mikeport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #53
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
This is going to be interesting. Gentlemen! Start your construction!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #54
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Did you download that Lego Digital Designer to do it?
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #55
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

O.O

WHERE DID YOU GET ALL THESE PIECES?
I need it, gimme gimme gimme
Old 11-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #56
W900 Senior Member

@ TFDude: more destinations to be added very soon!

@ Southwest: Yes!

@ Leonardo: Direct from Lego. The guys at Lego actually called me after the order very curious about what I was building. Very funny!!

Here is a construction shot! over 2,500 pieces in this picture! My wife and stepson are assisting in the building process. There are over 750 steps!
Attached Thumbnails
Building a proper airport out of Legos!-securedownload.jpg  

Last edited by FedEx AirMaster; 11-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #57
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

That is a great project, can't wait to see it completed. I'd love to do something like this some day. Hmmm... Idea
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #58
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz Baz View Post
That is a great project, can't wait to see it completed. I'd love to do something like this some day. Hmmm... Idea
I think you and i might be thinking the same thing.

A great plus for using this technique is that an expansion would be relatively simple. And it would be relatively easy to handle if you're moving.
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #59
1:400 Scale Collector

Haz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobbyHaz Baz is a legend of the hobby

Yeah, I was thinking of making a cargo terminal. Anyway, lets not go off topic haha
Haz Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #60
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
@ TFDude: more destinations to be added very soon!

@ Southwest: Yes!

@ Leonardo: Direct from Lego. The guys at Lego actually called me after the order very curious about what I was building. Very funny!!

Here is a construction shot! over 2,500 pieces in this picture! My wife and stepson are assisting in the building process. There are over 750 steps!

How much did you pay? Dude, this is too awesome! I don't have many Lego pieces...
I think that build an airport using Lego is an amazing idea!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: