Willy White Snowflake Airport (scale 1:500) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.63 average.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Willy White Snowflake Airport (scale 1:500)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europort27 View Post
I cant wait! I really liked this airport!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures. I love the design of your other airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishAirline99 View Post
Looking forward to it!
Guys, i'm proud to say that the waiting is over
Sorry for the delay, by the way!
Today i've spent my whole day building the airport! From 10AM to 21PM!
EVERYTHING is handmade (of couse, except GSE which is Herpa). The terminal building and Cargo terminal are simple wood blocks. I've used a pretty cool silver spray paint that makes everything look metallic.
The tower is made of Lego, i've used the cool spray to make it silver.The antennas of the tower are cutted wires (like the ones from a fence). Windows, logos and ads were made in computer, were printed and glued.
Taxiway and runways markings were made using Uniposca pens. Model grass was bought on eBay. I painted the top of the model grass, to give it different tonalities (like a healty lawn and other not so healthy).

PLEASE NOTE: unfortunately I ran out of superglue and I couldn't glue the lightpoles. I'll do it tomorrow, as soon as I buy the glue.

PLEASE NOTE NUMBER II: Although almost all planes here are from European carriers, my airport is not located in Europe. This is a leisure airport in Willy White Island, located in ficticious Dog Islands... in the middle of the ocean. Traffic should be charter and leisure oriented, and mostly from USA, Caribbean and Europe.

Anyway, let's go to the pics, finally!
First of all, the construction:

At the beginning, it was like this... note the old look of WWH and my dog Nick passing by!

Things getting better...

Runway and taxiways done.

Terminal done! Testing the models and the jetways.

Dat SIA 777...

Terminal all alone

Piano keys being done and corrected.

Overview... still lots to go!

Doing parking lines and jetway operational areas (in red)

Things are getting even better!

NEXT STEP: the airport done!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Hello gorgeous!

Heavies at their gates, bringing in loads of tourists to Willy White Island.

European 737s at remote stands. My yellow Uniposca pen was running out of ink, that's why the color of the lines of the remote stands are very washed out. I bought another, but I will correct this only tomorrow.

Air Berlin 737 ready to rock n roll at runway 10, back to... Berlin, duh. Tegel airport. How I wish I could make a full runway!

Overview...

The cargo terminal, with Cargoluxury Jumbo and DHL 757. Cargolux does Luxembourg - Nicholastown - Snowflake using B747-400F aircraft, and will probably change to B747-8F soonly.

The tower... made of Lego! And the executive apron, which is not operational yet. NFS Aviation B737-400 is stored.

Air Jamaica and TuiFly

Two NFS Aviation Dash 8, a Malmö Aviation RJ100 and a SAS 737

Cargo terminal once again

That's all! I hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 02-26-2014 at 10:47 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
Puddle Jumper

Capt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributorCapt. Rasho is a good contributor

Just WOW! Amazing airport, The improve is just increible! I really love the terminal.
Capt. Rasho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Second Officer

Europort27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributor

It looks amazing!!! Great job!! I love the terminal building, it looks so realistic as well! Very good job with it, and the tarmac is also very well done!

One tip, you should do the roadways for the GSE in white not black, they are usually in white and white stands out better I just think it will also look much better. But its still good now too.

Great job once again!
Europort27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rasho View Post
Just WOW! Amazing airport, The improve is just increible! I really love the terminal.
Thanks!

Quote:

It looks amazing!!! Great job!! I love the terminal building, it looks so realistic as well! Very good job with it, and the tarmac is also very well done!

One tip, you should do the roadways for the GSE in white not black, they are usually in white and white stands out better I just think it will also look much better. But its still good now too.

Great job once again!
Thank you!
Yeah I know about the road colors, but I don't know where I can find a white pen with a very thin tip. Buying on the internet would take too long, that's why I have to draw them using the black pen
Old 02-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #6
Second Officer

Europort27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributorEuroport27 is a good contributor

Quote:
Thank you!
Yeah I know about the road colors, but I don't know where I can find a white pen with a very thin tip. Buying on the internet would take too long, that's why I have to draw them using the black pen
No problem, you deserve it big time for this wonderful creation! Its truly amazing!

And oooh that sucks Well maybe in the future...?

Last edited by Europort27; 02-26-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Europort27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #7
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

It looks great. I really like your terminal. We'll have to set up a flight from Gothenburg to Willy White!
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
Collector

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Great airport!
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
Selfie with bros

Quote:
No problem, you deserve it big time for this wonderful creation! Its truly amazing!

And oooh that sucks Well maybe in the future...?
Thanks! Yeah, maybe in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
It looks great. I really like your terminal. We'll have to set up a flight from Gothenburg to Willy White!
Thanks! Malmö Aviation is available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Great airport!
Thanks Sérgio!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
New York Metro Airport

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Looks great Leo, nice work on the improvements!
It's also great to see some heavies at your airport, and the Terminal looks good too.

Nice work

Cheers, Cal.

KNYM | New York Metro Airport
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #11
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

Awesome airport, Leo. I really like the terminal building color.

Is NFS going to have their own terminal/hangar?
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
Rush

wingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobbywingtippy is a legend of the hobby

Looks great Leo!! Love the new terminal, it looks very modern!
wingtippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #13
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Very nicely done, Leo!
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Selfie with bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
Looks great Leo, nice work on the improvements!
It's also great to see some heavies at your airport, and the Terminal looks good too.

Nice work

Cheers, Cal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtippy View Post
Looks great Leo!! Love the new terminal, it looks very modern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Very nicely done, Leo!
Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Awesome airport, Leo. I really like the terminal building color.

Is NFS going to have their own terminal/hangar?
Thanks! NFS won't have their own terminal, but they do have a hangar at Golden Spike airport, for maintenance of the Dash 8 planes.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #15
ATP Captain

cathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dog

Wow! You should be very proud of your work, well done! Really amazing airport you have created.
cathay250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: